West Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

Portland

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Portland

Honder I found 2 relay harnesses on the site I bought my stuff from but I dont know which one I need. http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...arness&x=0&y=0

lemme know which one I need. Hopefully we can have a small install party . I'm goin to try to shave off my emblems when the new grille comes in. So hopefully all I'll need help with is the BOH, HID install, and fog's install. How long do you think it'd take to get that done? Oh yeah btw was just wondering if the dollar store goo off stuff would work fine for removing that adhesive thats behind the emblems.
Old 03-28-2009
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

http://www.ddmtuning.com/products/HI...ssy-133-0.html

That's the one you need man.

When I shaved my emblems, I used a blow dryer and WD-40...Goo gone would probably work just as well.
Old 03-28-2009

Sweet ill order that tonight. im assuming everything will come in next week so try to free up some time so we can get some installs done
Old 03-29-2009
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I got the harness from them too.. its legit. I liked it.

Sooo this guy bumped the price up even higher?? LAME. But bro, dont talk about stealing parts off his car, thats messed up... Think if it was your car, granted hes an *******.

Anyways... good to see your getting your stuff together. I got an HID fog projector project I need to start... one day... got all the parts.. just not the time. =(

So what are you going to do for an exhaust... just a muffler? Theres lots of generic ones and all that online you can get for cheap to add a nice note to your car. Or you could go all out and get a full header back exhaust... depends on what your looking for and your budget of course, you prob know this all. I'm just rambling after a few beers... blazers won, woooo.. haha. You guys watch- that was a serious schooling, lets see if the other team brings it next week when we play them at their home court. Anways-- Bed time, CPA class today was brutally long..
Old 03-29-2009

Yeah I forgot to order the harness so I'm doin it right now.

Yeah the guy kept bumping it up so I said no deal. Yeah I was kinda pissed when I was talking about stealing his stuff just some anger ramble lol. I'm too chicken to actually do it lol.

Well good luck on your HID fog projector project. I'd love to try to help you I just have no clue wth to do lol.

With the muffler I'm goin to go all out on it. I don't want cheap fart can stuff. I'll probably keep searching on CL and such for a DC header and stock downpipe from an ex. Then I'll just get the full skunk2 catback eventually. I'm not sure if I should do the exhaust first or do the drop first. I wanted to get a lip kit really soon cause I found out the ones I want are pretty cheap but I thought it'd look weird without a drop first. Everything depends on how the funding comes along in the future lol.
Old 03-29-2009
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

words.... hmm.. i'm running a race header now... so no cat... shhhhhhh tho. haha. I have my lx header, and an ex header, and ex downpipe... and full lx exhaust.. geesh, I just gotta see what happens come emissions time... I can pass, but the exhaust smell is pretty bad.. so I dunno if they will look further or not to actually see what the problem is with it.
Old 03-30-2009

haha nice Triz. Keep on the lookout for cheap DC headers for me and lemme know. I was thinking of trying a dual exhaust system but I have no idea how it'd sound on our civic. I like loud and all but not like... "here comes a monster truck.... oh no wait thats just some ricer civic" lol
Old 03-30-2009
Premium Member

A dual exhaust is a waste of money and I bet you'll hate it down the road. You have a few problems with it. First all that metal under there adds up to some really unnecessary weight. Also splitting your exhaust would need to be a custom job because nobody sells kits for it (you also need to weld exhaust hangers on the chassis as well), but thats the least of your problems because in the end you'll just lose power.

In summary... you'll add more weight, lose more power, and waste a lot of money.

Oh yeah.. you'll probly burn your bumper too (assuming enough exhaust gets to the mufflers to heat them up) and everyone will think your a ricer anyways
Old 03-30-2009
Premium Member

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...-cam-pack.html

^ race header and O2 simulator... or EX downpipe... (BTW, you dont need the ex downpipe if your going to run a race header because the header connects from the ports to the start of the cat back) Good prices.
Old 03-30-2009

So if I wanted to get that guy's header and other pipe its only 70 bucks? then I just have to buy a catback for like 500 and i'm gtg?
Old 03-30-2009

sweet I put an ad on CL seeing if anyones selling a catback and I just got a reply for a greddy evo2 for 200 all i need now is the money lol.
Old 03-30-2009
Premium Member

Originally Posted by m3gach33zy
So if I wanted to get that guy's header and other pipe its only 70 bucks? then I just have to buy a catback for like 500 and i'm gtg?
No, only 70 if you buy the engine head at the 500 bucks or whatever djmoto is asking. Its 120.00 plus shipping for the race header- and all you would need is the catback, or its 130 plus shipping for the stock ex downpipe and you'd need the catback and a header for an ex
Old 03-30-2009

damn nice. I'll try to pick it up for 130+ shipping then cause someone on CL has a greddy evo2 catback i can get off CL
Old 03-30-2009
Premium Member

the downpipe of the race header....????

Race header= 120+shipping

EX downpipe= 130+shipping
Old 03-30-2009
Premium Member

the downpipe of the race header....????

Race header= 120+shipping

EX downpipe= 130+shipping
Old 03-30-2009

yeah thats what i ment lol.
Old 03-31-2009

Either of you guys need a 6.1 channel receiver, 2 10" rockfordfosgate subs, or an older custom acrylic computer?
Old 03-31-2009

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

I just got a new surround sound system a few months ago, I don't listen to music that requires subs, and also just got a new case a couple months ago...That and taxes made me broke, ****ing Oregon tax rates. lol. Sorry man. I'd love to help but until next month I'm bone dry with the moolah.
Old 03-31-2009

damn lol. I'm tryin to sell this **** on CL really quick so that guy doesnt sell off his catback. Oh yeah when I go to look at it how will I know its for an 01-05 civic?
Old 03-31-2009

oh yeah if you know anyone who wants to buy my stuff lemme know .
Old 03-31-2009

Maybe try to find a product number?
Old 04-01-2009

I suppose I can look for one. Not sure what number I'm looking for though.
Old 04-02-2009
Premium Member

I dont think catbacks have numbers stamped onto them, at least mine didnt... :-/ Just get your head under your car and scope out the exhaust hanger locations. If you buy it and it doesnt match up its not that big of a deal, just a few spot welds here and there. to move the hangers around. The rear suspension on most hondas is fairly similar in respects to how the exhaust pipe has to bend.

And naw, dont need any of that stuff. Only thing I need is a tiny TV, like 9 or 12 inches, color with coax and RCA inputs.

...You guys know of any businesses that are going out of sale and liquidating everything?
Old 04-02-2009

damit damit. Since I ordered the relay harness a day or so later I don't think I'll get it this thursday or friday. I haven't gotten an UPS email about it yet. But I have the HID's coming in tomorrow. and hopefully my SS too.
Old 04-02-2009

SWEET just got the fogs in . 1 of 6 items in
Old 04-02-2009

Marc we can still pre-install the Ballasts on Saturday. If the harness doesn't come in, I say we dedicate that time to doing BOH on your headlights
Old 04-02-2009

that'd be great! I should have the HID's by tomorrow the harness next week I'm guessing.

JUST GOT THE SHORT SHIFT AND ALUMINUM BUSHINGS WOOT! I'm goin to try to install it here in the next hour.
Old 04-02-2009
Premium Member

Haha.. you got the mod bug like crazy. Remember to pre grease the short shifter prior to install!
Old 04-03-2009

Well I tried to take it out for a spin afterwards and somethings not right. When I shift into first or third it doesnt feel like it engages right away for some reason. When I pull it down to 2 or 4 it feels like i'm a race car. Not sure what could be wrong so I'm goin to check it out tomorrow or maybe you can give me some advice when I'm over there Honder?
Old 04-03-2009

Originally Posted by TRIZ
Haha.. you got the mod bug like crazy. Remember to pre grease the short shifter prior to install!
haha speaking of that i put the whole thing down put aligned the bolts and new bushings and then screwed in one and saw the silicone on the floor and was like oh **** lucky me.

Oh yeah thanks Honder for the emergency help I needed to get that stupid *** lighter part off. Some how I didn't end up breaking any clips. I got so frustrated with it I ripped it off and everything just unclipped like magic. Now I just have to figure out what's wrong with shifting into 1st and 3rd. Possibly 5th too. Never got around to shifting that high lol

Quick Reply: Portland