West Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

Portland

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Portland

wai not?
Old 06-25-2009
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Looks like it's one scrape away from ripping in two
Old 06-25-2009

lol ic. didnt know you could hit the bottom of the header and make a dent like that lol. Oh yeah honder i never got a price outta you for that MDF board from lowes what'd it cost ya?
Old 06-25-2009

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

5 bucks, but I got to thinking and I think he gave me a deal because a corner was damaged that I ended up cutting off anyways.
Old 06-25-2009

oh damn thats pretty cheap. I'll have to go get that sometime. Hopefully it'll be the same for me :P. I think I finaly figured out what I wanna do with my car next! Slip in a new deck and buy an amp kit and hook up my 12 sub. Then get me some new speakers later down the line lol
Old 06-26-2009
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

That header is a race header and you'll lose your cat. I wouldnt buy it because I the port sizes will be different and you dont want to port match your head to run that POS. PLus the bolt pattern might be different... something I wouldnt risk. Most ppl dont swap other D series exhausts onto other D series motors.

As for audio... I'm thinking I'll get a 4 channel amp and buy some Infinity Kappas- 6.5s up front and 6x9s in the rear. With that setup I dont think I'll need to run a sub for bass. I'm really irritated at my current audio setup (stock w an old aftermarket deck). It sounds like ***.
Old 06-26-2009

haha mines all stock. I have to change up my deck with something cheap I can find on CL. I have 4 subs as well but thats overkill for a civic lol. Gotta find myself a single 12in box so I can hook up a sub after I get a deck. My stock speakers are pretty worn out now cause I blast it all the time lol
Old 06-26-2009
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Whoa WHoa, I dont have 4 subs... I just have the 4 stock speakers!!

I'm talking about getting a 4 channel amp (not 4 mono amps for subs) for the two fronts and two rear speakers so they arent drawing all their power off the headunit (which make them sound distorted at higher volumes).

If you dont already have the sub you want, I suggest your swap your speakers first because they can pack a heavy punch with deep bass. The stock speakers are horrible and lack bass. Thats why I wanted to get 10 or 12 inch sub and call it a day. I actually spent 2 hours at Best Buy listening to all the speaker combs off the same ipod earlier in the week

My conclusions:
Aftermarket speakers have way more bass then our stockers
A sub would be overkill for our cars if quality aftermarket speakers are installed- everything will already shake
A 4 channel amp greatly enhances the punch of the speakers
You dont need anything over 75 watts per channel for the cabin if you decide to run amplified 6.5's and 6x9's
Lastly, Best buy has one smelly indian dude doing the installs, but they also have one cute girl that no longer has her red mustang and takes the bus to her place downtown every day.... we talked
Old 06-26-2009

haha I've seen some stuff on CL for pretty cheap. Pioneer speakers NIB for like 30 bucks and they were 6x9's for the rear. I was goin to pick them up but I was broke. I have an amp but I'm not entirely sure if it is a 4 channel amp or a mono. I was going to hook up a 12in sub but it all depends on how well the sub is on the speakers I guess. Is there a specific brand I should steer away from? I know pioneer is a good brand and I see them all the time on CL.

The only thing that sucks is I have to get the deck first cause i'm stock right now. Been searching for a double din dvd one for super awesomeness but they run over 400 bucks which I cant afford lol. If you guys know anyone sellin a deck for fairly cheap lemme know :P
Old 06-27-2009
Premium Member

Personally, I dont see the point of a DVD deck... like who wants to watch movies in their car? Like honestly, if anything I rather watch HULU somehow if I'm forced to sit in my car for a while and entertain myself, which doesnt happen very often.

As for brands, stick to what you think sounds good. Dont buy something just because its more expensive and you think it'll be better. If it doesnt sound good to you before you buy it, it wont sound any better once its installed and the bill is in your hands. I hear a lot of talk about the Type R's... I thought they sounded like **** compared to the kappas. I'd stay away from JVC at all costs- personal preference. I'd do pioneer for a deck, alpine for the amp, and infinity for the speakers
Old 06-27-2009

Only reason I really like the dvd deck is because it looks nicer in the car than a traditional deck. Also when I drive up to seattle i usualy go at night so having a tv show or a movie would be nice to play while driving. I mounted my laptop up once and it was pretty interesting. I was thinking I might try to make some sort of custom mount on the dash so I can slip it in whenever I want. Then maybe get all of that carputer stuff for the laptop and make it super awesome. But again idk how to do any of that **** so trial and error lol.

Thanks for the info on the speakers Triz. I know for sure to stay away from JVC, and Jensen. Just have to find something at the right price. I might buy me some pioneer or kenwood speakers since I found several for sale on CL the other day for like 15 or 20 a pair.

Also, Triz for my amp i'm not sure about its type mono or whatever. But if I dont end up putting a sub in could I just use that amp and power up the speakers?
Old 06-27-2009
Premium Member

If its a 4+ channel amp you could use it. If its a mono amp, I dont think that would work unless you wanted to have mono sound from your speakers and split the cables up.... odd, I dont think anyone would do that- but they probably have.

Plus... most dvd decks have the monitor disabled while the car is in motion, so you would have to mod that to work while your driving... but the main reason that occurs is because its illegal to have a viewable screen up front for obvious reasons.... like its distracting to WATCH a tv show while driving...
Old 06-27-2009
Premium Member

If its a 4+ channel amp you could use it. If its a mono amp, I dont think that would work unless you wanted to have mono sound from your speakers and split the cables up.... odd, I dont think anyone would do that- but they probably have.

Plus... most dvd decks have the monitor disabled while the car is in motion, so you would have to mod that to work while your driving... but the main reason that occurs is because its illegal to have a viewable screen up front for obvious reasons.... like its distracting to WATCH a tv show while driving...
Old 06-28-2009

I'll have to dig up my amp and check it out. might post some pics sometime of it for assurance.

yeah I know they mostly have the video disabled while the car is in motion but I'd mod it. Nice to hear a tv show while driving and some quick glances at the screen worked fine with me on the laptop but who knows I'm too poor and too ill knowledged on how to do all of that custom work
Old 06-29-2009
Premium Member

Just took aftermarket suspension off today. Feels horrible going back to stock coils
Old 06-29-2009
Premium Member

Look what $82,000.00 can get you!

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/1242469048.html
Old 06-29-2009

lol why'd you take off your suspension triz? needs some fixin? Also thats $8,200 lol
Old 06-29-2009
Registered!!

dads5150civic is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, Triz...why did you put stock springs back on? I gotta set of Neuspeed Racing coils, 2.25 inch drop for sale. Used, great shape, any takers. Selling cheap!
Old 06-29-2009
Premium Member

Look again, its still $82000.. just a typo, but really. Proves all ricers are dumb I guess.

SO lookie here: http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/1244615608.html super good deal on a type s motor trans and ECU

So dads, your the one on CL with the neuspeed coils I keep coming across? I search for neuspeed strut bar and get a set of yellow civic coils every time.

I took it off because I wanna try a spring and shock combo or something else, I dunno. Need some money too :-/
Old 06-29-2009
Premium Member

Look again, its still $82000.. just a typo, but really. Proves all ricers are dumb I guess.

SO lookie here: http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/1244615608.html super good deal on a type s motor trans and ECU

So dads, your the one on CL with the neuspeed coils I keep coming across? I search for neuspeed strut bar and get a set of yellow civic coils every time.

I took it off because I wanna try a spring and shock combo or something else, I dunno. Need some money too :-/
Old 06-29-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TRIZ

No, not on CL. Mine are only on ebay right now. I'll sell them way cheap to anyone on this thread. $50, and I'll even deliver to the Metro area if needed! I have to admit, I like my Eibach kit better than the Neuspeed, if only because I'm old and the ride is more comfy on a 1" drop...
Old 07-01-2009
Premium Member

I think I'm going to sell my megan coilovers, I took them off on sunday. They were a little too rough for me too. I actually softended the front up 5 clicks a few hours earlier and the ride was REALLY nice. I already had planned to take them off with my buddy and didnt wanna bail on the plans, so they are off. :-/ Anyone know of any type S's for cheap? haha...
Old 07-01-2009

Are they full coils?
Old 07-01-2009
Premium Member

Yup, they are the whole shabang- shock/strut and coil. Just bolt it to the strut tower and attach the brake assembly and tie rod end and your good to go. Here is a stock photo of them from the Megan Racing website- they look pretty baller if you got some nice open rims to show them off

Old 07-02-2009

damn not bad. How much you goin to sell em for?
Old 07-02-2009
Premium Member

I dunno yet, havent thought that far ahead to be honest... I bought them brand new for a grip and babied them ever since and hardly put any wear on em outside of my highway commute and back and forth between pdx and eug. I never got to seriously push them to their limits on a track, which woulda been cool because thats what they were designed for. I'm **** about my parts- I force myself to keep everything mint so we'll see how much I can get for them although I know I'll have to swallow a couple hundred dollar loss.
Old 07-02-2009

Yeah it always sounded like you know your parts and like to keep them in good condition and fix em all the time. Lemme know how much you might sell em for I'll run around anywhere and sell off my extra stuff I have layin around to get some cash. I've been dyin for a drop for sooooo long lol.
Old 07-02-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by m3gach33zy
Yeah it always sounded like you know your parts and like to keep them in good condition and fix em all the time. Lemme know how much you might sell em for I'll run around anywhere and sell off my extra stuff I have layin around to get some cash. I've been dyin for a drop for sooooo long lol.
I've still got a set of Neuspeed racing springs. They are in great shape and will give you a drop of about 2-2.25 inches. If paired with a good set of shocks/struts, they kick ***. $50 and I will even bring them to you. I had them on my car for a few years, but decided to go with a new set of springs that only dropped me about 1". ****, I'll even wash them up for you. They are a little dirty from good 'ole P-town winters.

Name:  IMG_2624.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  11.0 KB
Old 07-02-2009
Premium Member

This is the beginning of my I-dont-know-if-I-should-start-parting-out-my-car-or-not PARTOUT

I'm going to sell my TYC's that were slightly used for a few months for 110 with box and all the sockets- I think I might even have an unused TYC sticker that'll come with it. I'll even throw the bulbs in if I can find them. I was meaning to retro these with some audi HID A6 projectors which fit perfectly with no shroud modification. I never got around to it, just like every other mod I got sitting on my shelves... (these are virgin headlights, bought brand new and never f'd with) the huge box has been sitting in my room for longer then I can remember, and this box is HUGE. I need to clean the second half of my closet and this box is in the way. I got a guy interested in them from who knows where, but I rather not go through the hassle of shipping if anyone here is interested. Yall got first dibs. Get at me.

Oh, BTW, these are the chrome ones- not the black or painted ones that they used to sell for a whole two weeks. I think they would look sick if you cracked them open and painted them to match your rims, whatever color you end up with- gunmetal, or gold, etc..

Last edited by TRIZ; 07-02-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-02-2009

well triz if you end up parting out it'll be sad to see another pdx'er leave us but good luck with the sales. If you ever get a price in mind for the coilovers let me know I'll see what kinda cash I can pull up. or if there is anything you want for trade and cash on top triz lemme know also.

Dad, I like the springs but I'd just like to get a full set of coilovers so I wont have to worry about much later on. I'll keep your springs in mind if I cant really afford to go with triz's set up.

Quick Reply: Portland