West Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

Portland

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Portland

Ah I used to always turn my lights on while driving day or night but now I dont. Also have the radio on too before start up. I have drained it once or twice on accident leaving the dome light on or the radio on for too long while camping. I dont have any after market electrical stuff besides the HID's. Its a 4 year old or so battery not sure if thats old or not. someone told me it should last for another year or 2 but idk. I was goin to get a kirkland battery since it was only like idk 70 or so bucks with that 10 dollar return thingy at costco. Do you think its still a better idea to get the optima yellow top?
Old 06-08-2009
Registered!!

dads5150civic is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey fellow Portlanders! New to this forum, but I'm an avid Honda owner. Does anyone know of any meets, or anything of the like happening this summer. Getting sick of my VW friends and their little gatherings. I would love to get hooked up with other Civic owners in the area.
Old 06-09-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Originally Posted by m3gach33zy
Ah I used to always turn my lights on while driving day or night but now I dont. Also have the radio on too before start up. I have drained it once or twice on accident leaving the dome light on or the radio on for too long while camping. I dont have any after market electrical stuff besides the HID's. Its a 4 year old or so battery not sure if thats old or not. someone told me it should last for another year or 2 but idk. I was goin to get a kirkland battery since it was only like idk 70 or so bucks with that 10 dollar return thingy at costco. Do you think its still a better idea to get the optima yellow top?
If you need a cheap battery to drop in, then get the kirkland one. But the optima yellow top is a pretty legit battery- check out the write ups out there on it, the benefits and all that. Its especially good if you plan on some aftermarket audio stuff down the road, or if you dont like the idea of battery acid sloshing around in your engine bay (yellow top is a gel battery). blah blah blah.. its 4:30am nite!!

Originally Posted by dads5150civic
Hey fellow Portlanders! New to this forum, but I'm an avid Honda owner. Does anyone know of any meets, or anything of the like happening this summer. Getting sick of my VW friends and their little gatherings. I would love to get hooked up with other Civic owners in the area.

Hmm, are you talking about the meets by sonic in hillsboro? If not, there are meets there almost every weekend. I see a lot of VW and hondas. I'm not sure if they all come together or share different nights or something like that, but I see em thurrrrrr.

....I havent driven my car since last sunday. Snapped the bolt off in the pin holding the caliper on the car. FML. I'm so sick of driving my moms station wagon. Honda GROUND shipped the part from OHIO--- they orig told me it was going to be in the next morning (tuesday at 8a or 9am)... never called. Asses. Finally going to put it back together tomorrow after I pick the part up. My car was leaning on the passenger side, held by a jack stand and a bottle jack. Just thought I'd share... tomorrow I"m going to be working on my projector HID fog project. I pulled it out of the close tonight since I got tomorrow night off.
Old 06-09-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TRIZ

Hmm, are you talking about the meets by sonic in hillsboro? If not, there are meets there almost every weekend. I see a lot of VW and hondas. I'm not sure if they all come together or share different nights or something like that, but I see em thurrrrrr.

....I havent driven my car since last sunday. Snapped the bolt off in the pin holding the caliper on the car. FML. I'm so sick of driving my moms station wagon. Honda GROUND shipped the part from OHIO--- they orig told me it was going to be in the next morning (tuesday at 8a or 9am)... never called. Asses. Finally going to put it back together tomorrow after I pick the part up. My car was leaning on the passenger side, held by a jack stand and a bottle jack. Just thought I'd share... tomorrow I"m going to be working on my projector HID fog project. I pulled it out of the close tonight since I got tomorrow night off.
I didn't know about the Sonic meets. I'm usually not out that way in Hillsboro, but I'll have to go check it out. If it was in this thread, I must've missed it skimming through so many posts.

Bummer about having to wait so long for that part. Honda has a way of doing that. I've started checking with Discount / Import Auto, or whatever it's called. I always forget their name. It's out at Scholls Ferry Rd & Hall Blvd. I usually have great luck with them.
Old 06-09-2009
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Triz, still looking for RR mirrors? here you go
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/1213702603.html
Old 06-09-2009
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

^ Ha, I called that guy a couple days ago. Its some Indian dude out on 82nd and he wants 100 bucks a mirror. Which is a joke. I'll just get a $20 spray can from paintscratch.com and do it myself. Door handles were 40 a pair, half the price of new and driving all the way out that way isnt worth it. I appreciate the heads up tho, just that dude is sketch.

Originally Posted by dads5150civic
I've started checking with Discount / Import Auto, or whatever it's called. I always forget their name. It's out at Scholls Ferry Rd & Hall Blvd. I usually have great luck with them.
Thats pretty close to me. Is that the place with all the VW parts in the same strip mall as the liquor store and the Sports Page bar?
Old 06-09-2009
Registered!!

^

Thats pretty close to me. Is that the place with all the VW parts in the same strip mall as the liquor store and the Sports Page bar?
Yeah, that's the one. Despite all VW parts on display, they deal a ton of other import parts. I needed to get the rear sway bar links for my car and they were really kick-*** about it. They were only $15 each and he ordered them in for me. Only took two days. The driver side link was wrong, even in the computer, so he ordered another one from a different supplier, and even though that one was twice as much, he wouldn't charge me the extra $15 because he said it the suppliers fault. They're pretty sweet to deal with, and are down the street from me.

Highly recommended!
Old 06-10-2009
Registered!!

EPIC PHAIL!!!

Name:  IMAGE_104.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  44.0 KB

Just had to share this. I saw this guy last week. Crappy phone pic through dirty windshield, but yes...that is a BMW badge on an Integra.
Old 06-10-2009
Premium Member

^ Hey, right over there by Hall and Scholls too! Speaking of, you know that kitchen store isnt open Monday-Wednesday or something lame like that? I walked right into the locked door like wtf?
Old 06-10-2009
Registered!!

^ Hey, right over there by Hall and Scholls too! Speaking of, you know that kitchen store isnt open Monday-Wednesday or something lame like that? I walked right into the locked door like wtf?
I was actually heading to discount auto to p/u my swaybar links when I saw that guy.

That's funny about the kitchen place! I've been meaning to go in there and check it out.

Also, have you ever been up to Sonic when people are gathering on the weekends? I've been tempted to check it out some Saturday when my wife's not working. Do ppl just kinda show up and hang, or is it a bit more organized than that? I'm wondering if it's worth checking out.
Old 06-10-2009

Well welcome to the forum Dad. I've never been to the sonic meet or any meet for that matter. I've only met Honder in person and he helped me a lot with my fog light install and checking my cluster swap. I'm sure one of these day's we will all have to try to meet out at that Hillsboro Sonics.

And yeah Triz I looked up a little bit on the Optima yellow top battery. Sounds like a better deal cause I'm eventually goin to upgrade my deck and possibly try to run a sub. Looks like I'll have to save up asap for the battery. My car is taking longer and longer to start up now lol.

and lol Dad funny find on that Integra. I wish I could have pulled my phone out fast enough to get this picture of a pure super rice accord. Body kit with holes everywhere miss matching rims and on stock with a hubcap. I was laughing too hard to take a picture. xD
Old 06-10-2009
Registered!!

Thanks for the welcome mega!
I think we should try to get some sort of meet happening. Maybe see how many PDX'ers from this forum we can get together. Possibly even our own thing a little more central so that the East-siders don't have to drive so far West. I'm down either way. I've been impressed with the peeps in here so far and think it would fun to get together and check out others rides. I am always looking for more ideas for mine.
Old 06-10-2009

Yeah for sure. It'd be fun to have a meet with everyone. You got any pics of the ride dad? I haven't had much chance to upgrade mine except for intake, cluster, fogs, hid, and grill. So my rides not exactly meet friendly yet lol but if everyone can get a time together I'll show lol.
Old 06-10-2009
Registered!!

Still a work in progress. Mostly left with engine work now. Ya know, the spendy ****! Gonna do rear disc conv next, then LSD, then maybe small turbo, round about 5-6 psi.

Here's a few pics...

Name:  IMG_2615.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  60.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2617.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  55.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2612.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  62.9 KB

Name:  IMG_2613.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  54.1 KB

any input, from anyone, would be appreciated.
Old 06-10-2009

not bad so far! I love the white wanting to get my car painted white someday but its so expensive to get a nice one done. I like debadged rears and fronts but that imo. That silver trunk piece is interesting havent seen it too often. I'd be nice to see a lip kit on there but thats also imo. Looking clean so far. Have you done any interior work? and are you goin to turbo or engine swap then turbo?
Old 06-11-2009
Registered!!

I actually had a front lip on there for awhile when the suspension was 2.25" lowered, but Portland streets and speed bumps kept breaking it. Now that it is only 1" lowered, I'm going to be looking for the RS kit all around. The chrome is stock and has a matching piece on the hood. The interior is my enemy right now, because I hate the beige/tan/brown. I'm torn on whether to switch it all to black using as much of the bits from the Canadian 1.7es Acura (leather seats) or just trying to work with the existing color scheme. I'm thinking that black seats with the light color trim will look like crap. As far as the engine goes, I'm probably gonna keep the 1.7 and boost it to about 200ish HP. That should be enough umph with the light weight to make a VW GTI owner cry, assuming I can get the torque close to 200 as well. I thought about a k20 swap, but I'm not sure I want to go to the higher expense and extra work/time. I'm kinda going for a bit of a sleeper with it.
Old 06-14-2009

Ah well good luck with all of your stuff. Hopefully we can all get together and have a tiny meet or go to that Sonics meet. Hopefully by then I'll have something to show off lol
Old 06-15-2009
Premium Member

Forget sonics... Lets go somewhere else, like Five Guys burgers and fries. Those burgers are actually good!!

Dads, I think you should do the engine work first and then do the brakes, the car stops plenty find on front discs and rear drums with the power it puts down. If anything, try a different pad/rotor combo first- that will stop you faster then crappy pads and rotors on all 4 corners. You should also get the bottom lip on your front grill painted as well, looks 100x better- and while your at it you could get the rear trunk trim painted as well if you think it would look good (I would to keep the all white theme)
Old 06-15-2009

Five Guys Burger and fries? Never heard of it. Sounds good though I'll have to google it up.

Also, Dad that is what I've also heard about upgrading all the rotors and stuff. Better and cheaper to go with new pads like some Hawk HPS or something. But I'm not sure I haven't gotten to changing the pads out yet. As for the chrome factor I like it but I'd rather have the black and white outside like I'll have. Goin to keep black handles, side mirrors, and trunk trim. Hoping it'll tie together. But its all in your opinion lol.
Old 06-15-2009

Well just looked up the Five Guys Burger and Fries. Sounds like a great place for a burger. It's too bad that they are only in 2 locations. Which one would be closer for everyone to go to?
Old 06-15-2009

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

The one in West Linn is closer for me. But I'm pretty sure the 3 of you are closer to the Beaverton one
Old 06-15-2009

the west linn is close for me. I'm pretty close to the 205. I don't think i've really been to beaverton before now that I think about it lol. I guess i'm between the 2. I'm in the gateway area of portland.
Old 06-16-2009
Premium Member

Beaverton fa sho. I could bike there its so close... but then yet again I've biked out as far as Troutdale in the east, and as north as Washington, and halfway to the coast all from beaverton, haha... Yeah, I was a little psycho about riding distance for a while.

But shooot. I just washed the car, and claybar'd the hood, roof, and trunk. Finished with a layer of quick detailer. Drove around and took some photos my buddy will make a few HDR photos outta, I'll post them.

....I'm thinking I will sell this car in the next year or so. Nobody makes parts for the ****ing thing and I wish the interior was a little nicer with ipod integration and better AC all stock. Plus whenever I get in, my seat squeeks (the plastic under the cloth??).
Old 06-16-2009

lol nice biking distances there Triz.

Looking forward to some of those pics

Sorry to hear that you might be selling out the vic. You can custom your own ipod integration :P and I have the stock AC in my car and it works like the day I bought it. As for the seats time for some nice bucket seats? :P. What do you think you'll trade up for Triz?

I don't think I'll ever sell this Civic. It's my first "new" car I've ever owned and I can see its future potential for some fun mods. So much work to do and so little time and funds xD
Old 06-16-2009
Premium Member

I'll get something that doesnt get dingged by getting looked at. Seriously, I have dimples up and down my car from inconsiderate *******s. I want something with thicker panels and harder paint. I like Hondas, dont get my wrong, I love them, but they dent way too easy. I can tell a huge difference between my buddys TSX and my civic as far as panel thickness and paint goes. I bought this car used, with scratches in it, and blah. Its just getting to me right now. I cant afford to change cars at the moment kuz I dont want to get stuck with a payment. But one day... it'll happen.

Possibilities include a faster honda/acura. I like to do a lot of hiking/biking/kayaking type stuff and the civic doesnt really work for that. I put my kayak on the roof and watched the roof flex inward- thin panels suck. I was always feeling the RDX, but havent peeped it. Wont really go for a RSX just kuz its so much like a civic. I wanna upgrade to something thats faster and more grown like. I wouldnt mind an S2K or even a CRX, assuming that they bring it back and have a k20 in it (yall hear the rumors about that??). Not feeling anything thats out now, thats for sure- except for the 7th gen accord coupe in black. I want more of a newer car instead of an older one thats scratched and all that. I want fresh paint so I can baby the **** outta it =)
Old 06-16-2009
Premium Member

I'll get something that doesnt get dingged by getting looked at. Seriously, I have dimples up and down my car from inconsiderate *******s. I want something with thicker panels and harder paint. I like Hondas, dont get my wrong, I love them, but they dent way too easy. I can tell a huge difference between my buddys TSX and my civic as far as panel thickness and paint goes. I bought this car used, with scratches in it, and blah. Its just getting to me right now. I cant afford to change cars at the moment kuz I dont want to get stuck with a payment. But one day... it'll happen.

Possibilities include a faster honda/acura. I like to do a lot of hiking/biking/kayaking type stuff and the civic doesnt really work for that. I put my kayak on the roof and watched the roof flex inward- thin panels suck. I was always feeling the RDX, but havent peeped it. Wont really go for a RSX just kuz its so much like a civic. I wanna upgrade to something thats faster and more grown like. I wouldnt mind an S2K or even a CRX, assuming that they bring it back and have a k20 in it (yall hear the rumors about that??). Not feeling anything thats out now, thats for sure- except for the 7th gen accord coupe in black. I want more of a newer car instead of an older one thats scratched and all that. I want fresh paint so I can baby the **** outta it =)
Old 06-16-2009

Haha icic. Too bad you couldn't upgrade the panels or something to suit your needs. That'd be interesting. I feel yah about the soft exterior though my paint is all kinds of ****ed up from rocks getting kicked up on I-5. The S2K is very sick and its like my honda dream car. You should get the mazda m3 touring. It's pretty quick and reliable my brother in law owns an 03 or something. The new ones aren't as great as the older models but to each his own I suppose. If your goin to part out someday stay local
Old 06-17-2009
Premium Member

Mazda? Thats code name for Ford.

I drove my car all detailed up today, hit the interior yesterday too... had the windows rolled down and was like, man, this car is pretty nice now that I got it all detailed and tuned. So in short, I wasnt as depressed and pissed off about my car as I was the other night. Good news =) But ****, I need a front strut bar, the polished neuspeed one specifically, in nice condition.. someone please help me find it!!!
Old 06-17-2009
Premium Member

Last night I bought that thing that keeps your aftermarket shiftboot up around the shifter of crsx, thats been pissing me off ever since I changed it out.
Old 06-17-2009

You actually bought that? I went and got an o-ring from Vatozone and slipped it under to keep it from sagging. Works like a charm.

Quick Reply: Portland