West Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

Portland

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Re: Portland

Tell your sister she can sew us up some new shift boots while she's at it
Old 11-11-2008
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

She probably could... but she wouldnt do it for free. Prob buy the material (any maybe thread if its something fancy u want- aka some thread she doesnt already have) and she'd do it for a 6 pack of her favorite beer. Just a guess- she loves her beer. Get at me if ya want me to ask her.

Shoot, she could probably make a nicer fitting shift boot for short shifters than whats already out there.

Last edited by TRIZ; 11-11-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-12-2008
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

lol my parents garage would be awesome if I cleaned it out. Its a nice double sided garage too. One side is open for my dad's vet but i'm sure we could use his side for a bit if we wanted to for a day.
Old 11-12-2008
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Getta cleaning!!
Old 11-12-2008

Well one side is alright but I'm not sure how much room we'd need. Gotta bring your own tools too! If anything I'd put my house up as the main oregon 7thgen people house. It'd be sweet!
Old 11-13-2008
Premium Member

I got a huge craftsman set of sockets and junk.
Old 11-13-2008
Premium Member

Shittt- I brought my song to class to get played.. bumpin Triz's hiphop in college, on the come up!
Old 11-14-2008

lol sounds like things will work out just nicely! I just have to get my *** back to Portland and get stock up on nice parts to get installed :P. But idk if you guys wanna do a small meet to just get acquainted that'd be tight. and you guys can help me with my cluster
Old 11-14-2008
Premium Member

Im down. I'll be up there the thanksgiving weekend, but ****, I might be working the entire time! So I dunno, its up in arms at that point. But I got a bunch of other tools too. Jack stands, bottle jacks- could barrow a friends floor jack. I dont know what else. Bought an SPC camber mabober I never used- supposed to be used to do your own alignments. Panel popper.. what other random **** do I have. I dunno, I got a decent amount of junk now that I think about it. I need a screwdriver set tho- sick of stealing my dads tools.
Old 11-14-2008

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Small meet would be good. I have weekends off so that's the best time for me. I'm probably gonna be here Thanksgiving weekend, so that'd be cool with me

As far as the tools I have...Jackstands, floor jack, and a ****-ton of rattle can paint and painting supplies.

Did you buy the full camber kit, or just front or rear? I have one on my car...it's pretty easy to install. Only took me around 1.5 hours to do front and back.
Old 11-14-2008

Sounds good to me. Maybe we can just do a mini meet thanksgiving weekend somewhere. My dad has a ton of tools we could possibly use too. Honder it would be awesome if you could help me black out my headlights I think I might do a power lock install and a red suede door insert install too cause they are cheap lol. Do you guys know any good upholstery places? I might get some recaros pretty cheap but I want them upholstered red instead of the dark blue they have. and I wanna get the center of the back seats upholstered too for that sweet type R look lol.
Old 11-15-2008
Premium Member

Originally Posted by m3gach33zy
Sounds good to me. Maybe we can just do a mini meet thanksgiving weekend somewhere. My dad has a ton of tools we could possibly use too. Honder it would be awesome if you could help me black out my headlights I think I might do a power lock install and a red suede door insert install too cause they are cheap lol. Do you guys know any good upholstery places? I might get some recaros pretty cheap but I want them upholstered red instead of the dark blue they have. and I wanna get the center of the back seats upholstered too for that sweet type R look lol.
Dude, upholstery places for door panels? I know you must have read the DIY I made on door panels like 2 years ago. Or were you talking about for the seats... kuz we can do the door panels.

Anyways, the SPC camber deal is weird, its not a camber kit- its actually for allignments. I have a Ksport read camber kit, pillowball mounts with camber plates in the front for all my camber needs. The SPC thing I was talking about is this thing: http://store.summitracing.com/partde...00+150+400885+ there is a PDF document near the bottom on how to use it. There are also videos on the SPC website. I'm not a master using it- I've never used it actually, haha... so yeah, its just been sitting in the garage.

Now that I think of it... upholstery places... my sister does her sewing **** and everything, and for some of the jobs her place gets they need to outsource and they go across the street to this upholstery guy. I'm not sure if he does automotive stuff- I think he does- my sister says he does really good work, I could get his info if you want. I also have a card back at home I got when this new place was opening up- the owner, an asian chick, came up to me when I was standing at the register at work and introduced herself and told me to roll through. I havent been yet, but its out in hillsboro near cornelious pass.
Old 11-15-2008

o snap - That's a badass piece of equipment. I bet we could figure it out. Just need a six-pack of Bud Select
Old 11-15-2008

lol for realz triz man I've read and re read your DIY on the door panels. That's something I plan to do on my lonesome or with some help . But that would be awesome if I could get a quote on some seat upholstering. I think I might get some recaros this week from CL! I'm really hoping he'll take trades cause I have no cash :'(. and lol that sounds like a super awesome camber tool too. I don't think i'd need it cause I have no drop yet but i'm sure you guys could use it xD
Old 11-15-2008
Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
o snap - That's a badass piece of equipment. I bet we could figure it out. Just need a six-pack of Bud Select
My cheapo beer of choice is miller high life.. champagne of beers! It is pretty bad *** huh? We just gotta figure out how to use it.

Originally Posted by m3gach33zy
lol for realz triz man I've read and re read your DIY on the door panels. That's something I plan to do on my lonesome or with some help . But that would be awesome if I could get a quote on some seat upholstering. I think I might get some recaros this week from CL! I'm really hoping he'll take trades cause I have no cash :'(. and lol that sounds like a super awesome camber tool too. I don't think i'd need it cause I have no drop yet but i'm sure you guys could use it xD

I'll hit my sister up, and see if she has his contact info handy. Hopefully she can make a plug and get a little discount, or mabye just have her hand the project off to the guy for their business-connection-discounted-rate, if there is one. TXT'in now!
Old 11-15-2008

Sweet! Thanks Triz . You should just text me when you guys know anything. I'm going home for several days and I don't think I'll have internet. 503 701 6824.
Old 11-17-2008
Premium Member

So here is the txt I got from my sister:

"Mario the UPHOLSTRY guys info: 503 477 0137 hes at 811 se main st. #104 PORTLAND or 97214 and yes he has over 30 years experience with auto interiors."

She said he'd hook me up with my headliner. You guys can hollar at him, or get at me and i'll see if my sister can get a better deal.
Old 11-17-2008
Premium Member

I tried to text you though aim, but it wont send for whatever reason!
Old 11-17-2008

I might not have that set up on AIM. I'll try to get it set up now. I've text'd you through AIM a few times TRIZ did you ever get them?
Old 11-17-2008

oh and thanks for the info! I'll have to get in contact with them when I actually have money and seats I need upholstered! And Honder my bad for not being able to come to your place yesterday. I'm actually leaving today cause a bunch of ppl needed a ride to PDX tomorrow. Maybe we can meet up this weekend?
Old 11-17-2008

I'm free this Saturday....Let me know if that works for ya man.
Old 11-18-2008

It should be just dandy. I'm goin to be in portland tomorrow till wednesday. Heading back down here for a day or so then back to ptown so that should work out for me.
Old 11-26-2008
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point

So, what the heck is going on these days in here?
Old 11-26-2008
Premium Member

Aint ****, I think we're all headed to PDX for thanksgiving, like myself. I gotta drive my dude up to pdx right now, and pick up another friend on the way whos over in corval. And I'll be passing by salem and ending up over at loydd center tonight- keep your eyes on I-5, kuz I'll be passing by!
Old 11-26-2008

Well firstly I would like to say thank you to Honder for letting me come to his place and trouble shooting my cluster swap. I will probably have to go to the stealership to get my oil changed so I might have a little chat with a tech guy to figure out the true solution. I'll keep you updated on that Honder.

And Nick, not much going on here really it seemed to have like died out in these forums and people are heading over to the 7thgenhonda.com site instead. It looks like the people up there in WA are trying to form a meet sometime in the up coming months so we'll see how things go with that.

TRIZ, I'm already out in the PDX area over by the Gateway area. If I ever see a red EM2 I'll have to try to pull up next to it and see if its you. xD. When are you heading back to Eugene? Maybe we can meet and greet then book it to the southern towns. I'm planning on heading back to corvallis on saturday or friday not sure yet.
Old 11-27-2008
Premium Member

Whats your cluster swap problem? The techs wont know ****- I'll guarantee you that. If its not specifically written out, its outta their league.

You didnt see me wednesday? I was buzzing all around loydd center area... couldnt find azteca, apparently they closed! What a buncha bullshit- looked like an idiot trying to find it with my friend following- we ended up down at the old spegetti factory 13 mins before they stopped seating.

Oh, and I"m leaving either sunday later-afternoon or monday and honder is outta town- I think we should just meet up after finals- its too hetic for all of it right now I think.
Old 11-28-2008

Well my gas guage works and doesn't work. The gas light comes on saying I need gas, but the meter reads empty. I swapped my cluster with honders and vice versa. Mine worked on his and his didn't work on mine. He double checked my wiring and it was all perfecto. Honder had a 01-05 civic aftermarket manual book. After looking at it for a while he found out that it's probably something with my fuel pump. And to just get to the thing its under the back seat and you need a special tool to get it out. Right now I'm just guessing my tanks gas limit lol.

Nah I didn't see ya anywhere. And the meet after finals sounds good. I'm not sure when I'm heading back to corvallis yet probably this weekend so I can get my **** to move back to ptown.
Old 11-28-2008

Ah yeah Honder I found out that I couldn't get a hold on that pipe bender yet. My grandpa says theres a place up in washington that could possibly let you rent one or bend it for you at a tiny price. I have to get a hold of my uncle eventually who works at gunderson and hopefully he can give me a hook up but we'll see.
Old 11-29-2008
Premium Member

Shoot... yeah, the fuel pump is in the tank isnt it? What do you guys want the pipe bender for again- exhaust? I just woke up an hour ago... I slept forever, I felt like my the bones in my legs were going to pierce through my ****ing feet, I started at 3:45am and worked 12 hours. OMG that was ridiculous. Black friday is rough.
Old 11-29-2008

Yeah Honder was telling me that he knows how to use one so we could make our own custom piping for the exhaust.

That sucks man. Where do you work?

Quick Reply: Portland