West Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

Portland

Old 04-03-2009
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Re: Portland

If we're still down for tomorrow, we can take a look to see what's up. I bet it's all in the adjustment man.
Old 04-03-2009
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i'll try to stop by tomorrow Honder. Text me your address again and I"ll GPS it tomorrow. What times good for yo u?
Old 04-04-2009

Name:  GEDC0003.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  66.6 KB
Name:  GEDC0004.jpg
Size:  62.1 KB

Yay got the new grille on.
Old 04-04-2009
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

^ now take it off and paint the lower lip on it! haha
Old 04-04-2009
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

... you guys are going to be having fun and I'll be cramming 9 hours of CPA classes down =(
Old 04-04-2009

hahah I was thinking of doing that. Or maybe someday when I get my car painted I'll paint those little black bump things on it white to match the color of the car. and gad damit the HID's didnt come in today. I'm guessing they'll be in tomorrow. But we have at least BOH to do. Fogs install and SS adjustment . Too bad you'll be busy Triz. I'm also selling my receiver tomorrow so I"ll have money to pick up that Greddy exhaust from the guy on CL
Old 04-04-2009

Oh yeah triz I wanted to get your opinion on no cats. I was searching on youtube for ppl who dont have one but they dont seem to be any different with ppl who do have cats.
Old 04-05-2009

Well all in a hard days work Honder got the fogs and BOH done. Just a small amount of problems here and there but it was well worth the knowledge . Thanks Honder :P
Old 04-05-2009

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Not a problem man....Glad we managed to figure out the fogs. Wash your car and post a pic, curious to see how it all looks in daylight
Old 04-05-2009

Oh **** Marc, look what just popped up on Craigslist
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/pts/1108279805.html

And these were the wheels up in Seattle that I mentioned last night
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pts/1102901596.html
Old 04-05-2009

haha I'll try to get my car washed. I think I might go over to the bank in a few here so I'll try to find a washman somewhere. Everything will hopefully be waterproof with all that silicon we put on lol.

Oh yeah I forgot to ask but which do you think would look better in a bronze color? I like the fat 5's alot. I'm goin to get my car painted white someday and I like the bronze on white look. Ohh or maybe white rims that'd be interesting too lol. Wish I had the money to go get those though . I'm goin to get the exhaust stuff done first before I move to springs and rims.
Old 04-05-2009

Ah yeah I still have to run to the store and get goo gone to shave off my emblems lol. I'll try to do that later today lol.
Old 04-05-2009

Originally Posted by m3gach33zy View Post
haha I'll try to get my car washed. I think I might go over to the bank in a few here so I'll try to find a washman somewhere. Everything will hopefully be waterproof with all that silicon we put on lol.

Oh yeah I forgot to ask but which do you think would look better in a bronze color? I like the fat 5's alot. I'm goin to get my car painted white someday and I like the bronze on white look. Ohh or maybe white rims that'd be interesting too lol. Wish I had the money to go get those though . I'm goin to get the exhaust stuff done first before I move to springs and rims.
If I had to choose, Probably the Fat 5's in bronze...
Old 04-05-2009

Name:  img1238970671211.jpg
Size:  75.2 KB
Name:  img1238970672179.jpg
Size:  46.2 KB

blamo. I'll try to post some pics tonight with the lights on.
Old 04-05-2009

yeah i was thinking the same thing Honder. Would it be difficult to paint them black for now and the paint them bronze later? I don't think I'll be getting a paint job anytime soon. and I probably wont be getting that exhaust and such till I have plenty of money to blow on it lol
Old 04-05-2009

Car looks even better in daylight...Hells yeah!

Yeah, It'd be possible man. As long as you do only light coats of black, Primer + Bronze down the line shouldn't be too thick.
Old 04-05-2009

Sweet. I think black rims for now would look good on a silver car then later on bronze for the white lol. I still have to fix my SS been busy with hw and such all day lol
Old 04-05-2009

OH MAN I'm in love. Fixed my SS.. and its not explainable in words how awesome it is!
Old 04-06-2009
Premium Member

Originally Posted by m3gach33zy View Post
Oh yeah triz I wanted to get your opinion on no cats. I was searching on youtube for ppl who dont have one but they dont seem to be any different with ppl who do have cats.
Different how?

Without a cat you have to trick the ECU into thinking the 2nd O2 sensor is getting a good reading and the cat (which doesnt exist) is doing its job, which its not... thats a little bit of a pain kuz I threw CEL's for a few weeks till I figured out how to solve the problem. Other then that... the really annoying and noticeable part is that there is always a smell of gas around your cat when its on at ALL times... I'm not sure how emissions is going to go... I think I'm going to have to strategize and go on a REALLY windy day. I'm damn sure the car wont pass the sniffer test... Or I just gotta find someone with a plugged nose, but even still I think they would catch on reallllly quick- its that bad. On top of all that, I dont think it does **** for performance... in summary... boooooo!!

Glad you like the short shifter man, its pretty sweet at first. I think mine feels better with my OEM **** then it does with my aftermarket one. What kind of **** do you guys have?
Old 04-06-2009

Stock shifter with EP3 ****. Couldn't pass it up. Dude up at B&R Auto Wrecking handed it to me no charge when I was scoping out the only EP3 in their yard
Old 04-07-2009
Premium Member

Are you serious..... I wish I came across deals like that.
Old 04-07-2009

Come to think of it, I have had some pretty sweet deals come across the table with my Civic....

Free EP3 ****
$50 dollar Tanabe Springs
$55 dollars for my 03-05 Cluster
$150 for my Progress F&R Sway Bars/Rear Lower Tie Bar (Guy also gave me free set of 01-03 tails and an AEM CAI)
$320 for my Fat 5's W/ Good tires
Old 04-07-2009

I thought that if you didnt have a cat it sounded different? I must be wrong then. I have this aftermarket obx red colored shift **** wrapped in some CF looking stuff. It's nice and all but I put the stock back on to see how it feels for kicks and its actually alot better. I think I like the rounded shift ***** more than the stick kind now. and damn those are some pretty sweet finds there Honder. I really wanna get some springs. Lowering looks 10x better. Wish I could afford some rims though. I'm hoping I can get enough money in time to get djmota's race header before he sells it. I'm pretty broke now
Old 04-07-2009
Premium Member

^ I was looking at that.... not a bad find. I wouldnt mind his head, but it has over 100k on it and was used with spray... I could swap the guts with another head, and just keep the cast with the PNP... ahh i dunno, if I was there I could take it to a machine shop and have them look over it, but i'm not.

Last edited by TRIZ; 04-07-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-07-2009

He'll probably have it sold by the time I have the money for it so that sucks for me. I guess I'll just have to be patient.

and god damit I got the harness from DDM tuning but no HID's yet wth's up with that? I ordered the harness like 3 days after the HID's.
Old 04-07-2009
Premium Member

I dunno... i did the math last night on if I bought his head and the header, then I could sell the header, and the guys of the head and put my stuff in there...
Old 04-07-2009

Nice did it work out to be about even?
Old 04-07-2009
Premium Member

Naw, 180 total cost before taking it to the machine shop to get fixed up- valves, valve guides, resurfacing, all that... :-/ but now that I'm looking back over the numbers... I think i'm missing a few.... so I'd be even worse off, but blahhhhh. I guess I might need to rework them
Old 04-07-2009

ah. well hopefully by the time I want to try and attempt engine work like that everything will be cheaper
Old 04-07-2009
Premium Member

Well, reworked the numbers real quick that I scribbled down on my scratch paper last night.. If I picked his head and header up, and resold the header then I shouldnt be loosing too much, but would be taking the risk of the 100k+ head... ahh. its all good I guess tho

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Portland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.