West Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

Portland

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: Portland

What are you looking for exactly? I have a bunch of extra parts.
Old 10-21-2008
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well some people were telling me to check junk yards for Vtec. and I was hoping to get a new header sometime. and someone told me I could pick up a moon roof for a decent price too. Not sure what else I wanted to get but browsing would be nice lol
Old 10-23-2008
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Hmm, yeah I dont have any moonroofs laying around. You can check these guys out. http://www.autowrecking.com/ Thats the yard I go to down here, in Eugene. I havent been any of their other locations, or even the springfield one- which is probably just as far as the other one if not closer. But they have one near you, so I'd check it out. But from what I remember, I think eugene is the biggest yard.
Old 10-25-2008

icic well i'm looking for rims and idk some other things too that I cant think of again lol. The Oregon people need to get together on here and we need to have a meet in portland or something somewhere. Need to plan now so we can have dates set in stone. I think we should have something on new years. Gives plenty of time for us to mod up and maybe have something nice to show :P
Old 10-25-2008
Premium Member

I'll be outta school on the 12th, and I"ll probably spend that weekend working on getting my stuff moved out of my apartment. Everyone should meet in eugene and we should caravan to portland, with all my **** in everyones cars, lol.

But naw, I'm down for something after I'm down with this term. I wont be putting anything on my car until then probably. I ordered thruster bushings to get rid of my spring pop on the coilovers, I'll probably have those in by newyears, along with my rear sway bar adapter kit. I'd hope to have a strut bar for the front, which feels totally sloppy since I had to take the front sway off for the exhaust swap over a year ago. Other then that I'll probably have a chance to detail it and maybe she a short shifter in. Thats probably all I'll have time for. I might get daring and buy a 4-2-1 race header and a lightened clutch and flywheel. Those should help the crack spin faster and give a little more high end power (~10hp, which is a lot for our cars.) MAN! If I can grab a dyno date after that I"d be really interested in what numbers it puts down after a race header and clutch/flywheel. I want new rims, and soon will need new tires, but I havent found anything yet.
Old 10-25-2008
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

I need to install my sidemarkers today...And buy my lipkit and I'll be done with the exterior of my car. Well, besides painting it you know. The only fix item left is a new clutch. IDK how long my current one is gonna last
Old 10-25-2008
Premium Member

What kit are you going to pick up?
Old 10-25-2008

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Leaning towards Type R front, RS sides, and BC2 diffuser rear lip
Old 10-25-2008
Premium Member

Whha, I've never heard of that- pic of bc2 rear?

I'm pretty dead set on TR front, and oem sides and rear- something about the rear of the skirts and the transition to the rear lip that sells me.
Old 10-25-2008

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...1%7C240%3A1318

IDK if that's what it really is, but I like the look of it. I wanted the BC N1 sideskirts, but they're like $250 dollars/pair. No thanks
Old 10-25-2008
Premium Member

Thanks kinda hot, I havent seen that one before. I'd be interested to see how it exactly lines up with the wheel well at the back of the rear tires. It says 04-05, you have an 01 right?
Old 10-25-2008

Technically yes. But I have the 04-05 front end on the car now, along with an 04-05 rear bumper. Pretty much the only thing on my car that isn't 04-05 is the center console.
Old 10-26-2008
Premium Member

Shooot yo. Where u work honder? Its downtown right- what street?
Old 10-26-2008

I live and work on McLoughlin Blvd at Officemax
Old 10-26-2008
Premium Member

Word. If I get this job... I'll be on 5th downtown, somewhere near jefferson. Which will be doope. I was wondering if we'd cross paths in our commutes, ha
Old 10-26-2008

lol Triz I'd meet you in Eugene since I'm in Corvallis lol. I'm hoping by the time of the new years I'll have my header and exhaust changed. I'm thinkin of pickin up the DC sports header and exhaust system. Or I might have my drop done by then I hope. How complicated would you guys say putting a new clutch in is? Mines basically dead lol
Old 10-26-2008
Premium Member

^ my car looks like **** down here, it needs a wash sooo bad. Its kinda good it looks shitty tho, kuz no1 messes with it- when I do wash it I get too much attention.

Replacing a clutch... you gotta crack the transmission from the block to change it right? Sounds hard. Tranny fluid might become a problem... I have no idea, I've never done it. I want a new flywheel and clutch even though mine have lots of life left in them.

We all should get together and help eachother with their cars, like a tech day.
Old 10-26-2008

lol icic. My car just got hella scratched a while back on the driver side rear so now my car looks ugly

Yeah sounds a little too difficult for me to try I guess I'll just have to take it to a shop to get it done. What would you guys suggest for a new clutch?
Old 10-27-2008

hey triz you should pick up some nice bronze rims from portland CL here:

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/pts/891372946.html

I think they look nice and on your rally red would look good too maybe.
Old 11-09-2008

Re: 01-03 to 04-05 Gauge Cluster Swap: DONE! Pics inside w/ Pin removing FAQ & Video

omg honder i totally forgot that your an Oregonian! But yeah thanks I'll be waiting for your input on my installation. and if all else does fail maybe a meet would be a good idea . I guess I'll just re attach the bezel and just guess my gas limit for the time being. Your in Portland or somewhere else?
Old 11-09-2008

Re: 01-03 to 04-05 Gauge Cluster Swap: DONE! Pics inside w/ Pin removing FAQ & Video

I'm in Milwaukie, so about 5 minutes from PDX. I just got back, so I'll take a look and see if I can come up with anything
Old 11-10-2008
Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
Hey man, I'm about to leave my house, but I'll take a look at this when I get home. If all else fails and I can't see why you're having a problem, Maybe sometime between now and Thanskgiving we can meet up and I can take a look at it in person
Meet! I'm down. Sheiiiit.
Old 11-10-2008

lol we should have a part party! We can install my cluster, black out head lights, suede our doors! that'd be tight lol. And then I could help install stuff for you guys too. :P
Old 11-11-2008

lol, the only thing I really need installed is a clutch - and I haven't even bought it yet. A meet sounds good....Any ideas as to where?
Old 11-11-2008

lol I need a new clutch mines all messed up. Do you know how to install it? I probably need a new fly wheel too while i'm at it lol. Not sure where to meet at xD. If we're goin to do installing stuff we should go to someones garage lol
Old 11-11-2008
Premium Member

Originally Posted by m3gach33zy
lol I need a new clutch mines all messed up. Do you know how to install it? I probably need a new fly wheel too while i'm at it lol. Not sure where to meet at xD. If we're goin to do installing stuff we should go to someones garage lol
I want a new flywheel and might as well change the clutch while I'm at it. You gotta crack the transmission open- which I think, for a change, might be more than I'm willing to do myself. Lets move this to the portland thread.
Old 11-11-2008

I saw a DYI somewhere on here for a clutch and flywheel replacement. It didn't look all that hard... but this would be my first time working on the engine :P. I'm not sure what kinda clutch or flywheel I need to get though.
Old 11-11-2008
Premium Member

Originally Posted by m3gach33zy
I saw a DYI somewhere on here for a clutch and flywheel replacement. It didn't look all that hard... but this would be my first time working on the engine :P. I'm not sure what kinda clutch or flywheel I need to get though.
Clutch info- what to get:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...explained.html

How to change clutch:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...y-section.html
Old 11-11-2008

If we had a garage to work in, I'm pretty sure we could figure it out.
Old 11-11-2008
Premium Member

My place back at home has a garage, but there is no way you can get a car in there, my sister moved her little business into there- sewing **** and everything, ridiculous. Slanted driveway outside isnt good for jacking cars up.

****... I totally dont want to be in class right now, **** is crazy boring- I have **** I need to be doing, falling asleep in class isnt at the top of the list!!

Quick Reply: Portland