West Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

Portland

Old 06-18-2009
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Portland

hahah I wish I could detail my car. I need to seriously get into it and give her some deep cleaning and washing. I think I might do it tomorrow gotta try to impress my lady friend on friday :P Good to hear your in good 7thgencivic spirits

I eventually switched back to my stock shift **** cause that thing was annoying me as well. And my aftermarket shift **** kinda sucked anyways lol. I wanted to get this weighted titanium one on ebay. looks pretty slick. I'll keep an eye out for a strut bar fo yaz Triz. Let me know if you guys find anyone wanting to part with a dc header for trades only. I'm ****in broke lol

Oh yeah bought a battery at walmart the other day and i'm hoping that'll fix my not starting up problem. If I can't get it to start up tomorrow I will be so pissed lol.
Old 06-20-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
You actually bought that? I went and got an o-ring from Vatozone and slipped it under to keep it from sagging. Works like a charm.
Yeah dude, I totaly got owned on it too. I got it yesterday, opened up the envelope and this little aluminum POS slides out with a zip tie. I looked at it like WTF, thats 30 bucks? I totally got jacked. But whatevers. It looks pimp as **** now with my ARC ****.

Those are some cell phone pics I just ran out n took... my phone is crap for the record. I think I need to readjust the shift boot now that I have a short shifter, its too baggy now. Another day.

Megga, did it start upp??? I hope so man. Keep an eye out for that bar, for surreeee, I need it damnit. What kinda dc header, the regular one of the race version?

And anyone got RSX seats in their car, or EP3 seats?? I'm thinking I might get some, but thats only like a 35% chance I will. Tryna see what they look like. Ima go to honda and get all the hardware I've lost for **** over the years. Like screws n **** to hold the center console in and all that... ya know .
Old 06-21-2009

yeah my car starts up now. When I bought the battery I put it in then the next morning it was raining and it wouldnt kick over. Didnt wanna call for a jump so I just push started and it worked out fine. Now that the battery has had time to settle in its working like a charm.

Looking for the regular DC sports header Triz. I'd prefer to stay legal so I wont have to worry about it later. I want to get the greddy exhaust but i'd prefer to get the TI-C. I like the tip and it sounds a little better imo but thats all through youtube lol.

Spent some time with my baby and gave her a nice through cleaning. Vacuumed and everything. One thing I want to know is what is a good product to use on the dash and doors? I was thinking of buying armor all but I've heard mixed **** about that stuff. Oh yeah also my trunk floor board thing broke a long time ago and now its just pissing me off even more so I took it out and just put the carpet back in its kinda funny lol. What do you think it'd cost to get another board like that?

Also, after I finish the exhaust portion I seriously want to spend some time on the power window and lock function for my car but I will need some serious help on that. So if any of you guys wanna help me out with that it'd be much appreciated. Who knows if I can find a good deal on the power windows and locks I might just skip the exhaust and go straight to that. Cause after that Triz you can help me out with the suedeing of my door panels

Triz I like the shifter and **** very slick. What'd the shifter cost yah? I really want to get this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-A...Q5fAccessories
but its soo expensive and I don't really see a way to keep the shift boot up to the ****. Oh yeah where'd you get the shift boot done at?

and Triz I don't think any of us have rsx or ep3 seats. Only one might be Dads. I've seen these in a few pics here online. I might get them since they'll be new and bolt right in. But that wont be till way down the line. Cause I wanna get the interior to match cause my back seats are kinda faded.
http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...844/index.html
Old 06-21-2009
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

I use armor all on my dash every now and then. But I make sure and wash it down before hand, with a wet towel soaked in soapy water.

Also got rid of my stock trunk board. Went to Lowe's and got a piece of MDF cut to fit for 5 bucks, i think...Been a few years ago, can't remember.
Old 06-21-2009

Alrighty I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks Honder. Did you have lowes cut it out for you? I don't think they'll be able to get a solid read off of my old board cause its hella warped and broken.
Old 06-21-2009

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Yeah, the bitches at Lowes can only cut MDF for some reason. Tried to get them to cut a damn 2x4 one time and said they couldn't do it. If it helps I can measure mine for you.

Oh yeah, I finally invested in an aluminium racing jack...Best investment ever. I can jack it up on the front side jacking points and it lifts up the rear Took me 20 minutes to rotate my tires
Old 06-21-2009
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Originally Posted by m3gach33zy
yeah my car starts up now. When I bought the battery I put it in then the next morning it was raining and it wouldnt kick over. Didnt wanna call for a jump so I just push started and it worked out fine. Now that the battery has had time to settle in its working like a charm.

Looking for the regular DC sports header Triz. I'd prefer to stay legal so I wont have to worry about it later. I want to get the greddy exhaust but i'd prefer to get the TI-C. I like the tip and it sounds a little better imo but thats all through youtube lol.

Spent some time with my baby and gave her a nice through cleaning. Vacuumed and everything. One thing I want to know is what is a good product to use on the dash and doors? I was thinking of buying armor all but I've heard mixed **** about that stuff. Oh yeah also my trunk floor board thing broke a long time ago and now its just pissing me off even more so I took it out and just put the carpet back in its kinda funny lol. What do you think it'd cost to get another board like that?

Also, after I finish the exhaust portion I seriously want to spend some time on the power window and lock function for my car but I will need some serious help on that. So if any of you guys wanna help me out with that it'd be much appreciated. Who knows if I can find a good deal on the power windows and locks I might just skip the exhaust and go straight to that. Cause after that Triz you can help me out with the suedeing of my door panels

Triz I like the shifter and **** very slick. What'd the shifter cost yah? I really want to get this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-A...Q5fAccessories
but its soo expensive and I don't really see a way to keep the shift boot up to the ****. Oh yeah where'd you get the shift boot done at?

and Triz I don't think any of us have rsx or ep3 seats. Only one might be Dads. I've seen these in a few pics here online. I might get them since they'll be new and bolt right in. But that wont be till way down the line. Cause I wanna get the interior to match cause my back seats are kinda faded.
http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...844/index.html
That is actually the shift **** that I have. ARC is pretty dope.

I got my shift boot at a local shop on TV highway. I cant remember the name but its between murray and 185th on the south side just over the tracks. Its next to a window tinting place and another auto shop kinda hidden. Its OEM honda for an EX- I just took the aluminum triangle base off and retro'd it for my em2's shifter trim. It was pretty easy. I could help ya out if you wanna do it.

Those seats look pretty nice and affordable. Too bad there isnt a place that has them so I could test them out. Buy them and I'll check them out =)

As for your battery I know autozone and Napa charge batteries in 30 minutes, for free. (I believe)

Lowes couldnt cut it? I know the location off 217 had their saw broken a few weeks ago, maybe that was it??

Pull a board from a wrecked vic. Should be pretty cheap but MDF will be stronger yet heavier.
Old 06-21-2009

Oh lol didnt notice that yours was the ARC **** as well. Colors look off in the pics lol. How big is it actually? In pics it looks like its pretty big but I guess its smaller than it looks?

What'd it cost ya for the entire shift boot set up? Like 40 bucks? I wanna get the **** then the shift boot then the seats done. I really wanna know what it'd cost me to take my rear seats out and get them reupholstered black with red stitching. Would be very sick to get it matching those front seats there.

I do plan on buying those seats someday Triz. Just that 300+ is a little steep for me right now or i'd totally buy them. I'm too undecisive on what the hell I wanna do to my car. Too many things to do xD

Yeah they charged up my old battery for me for an hour for free. Worked fine after that but when I drove up to seattle no start so I had to buy a battery. Now its settled in and working nicely.

Honder I will probably have to get the dimensions from you sometime so I can get that done. I dont remember if there was a lowes by your place or not but yeah maybe we can meet up there sometime just take the board to them. I looked up MDF material and it sounds nice. What'd it cost you at lowes? and is it a drastic difference in weight?
Old 06-21-2009

lol I wish I would have gotten a jackstand set from Joe's when they were liquidating. I have just that shitty little crank OEM jack. I dont think i've ever rotated my tires now that I think about it... I might have to get some time and do it lol.
Old 06-22-2009
Premium Member

Sissor jacks can work, if you have more then one of them. I would barrow the one from my moms camry when I did any work in my driveway. I ended up buying two bottle jacks and two jack stands. Then my buddy bought two other jack stands and two floor jacks. We have all our stuff in his garage and do all our work there, which totally works out kuz my driveway is super slanted and cant pull any cars in the garage.
Old 06-22-2009

Well I guess the 2 jacks would work my sister had the 05 sedan lol. I'll eventually have to buy my own tools for my car lol hate having to ask around for **** I didn't have lol
Old 06-22-2009
Premium Member

Yeah, a mechanics set from seats does a good job of covering your for ANY wrench or socket and a lot of other weird tools you dont think you'd ever need but eventually do end up needing. Get some jack stands, a floor jack... then your pretty set. A torque wrench is a good add too even tho the nice ones get kinda pricey. Oh and a hammer. Those are the tools I think you can get by with. And also buy a shop light. With that your pretty much set.

Shitty weather for the second official day of summer in PDX huh?
Old 06-22-2009

I'll have to look around sometime my dad has a lot but really hates letting me borrow any of his tools. Also, was thinking of doing the DIY tail light tinting. Looks like a cheap mod and simple as well.
Old 06-22-2009
Premium Member

Well ****... http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51643 Thats got me thinking now...
Old 06-23-2009

I'm fairly certain my motor's on it's way out...So when that happens, It's K24 time for me as well
Old 06-23-2009

dang looks like a good deal. My motor has a whole lifetime left I'm like a little over 50k now how bout you guys?
Old 06-23-2009

I haven't done the math in a while....Somewhere around 130K
Old 06-23-2009

Icic. Well I'm hoping by the time that I have to do some sort of engine swap to keep my car alive I could get a k20 or the k24 for fairly cheap.
Old 06-23-2009

lol did you guys know sniperscout has his own spread in clubcivic.com? Just read it kinda interesting to see other sites appreciate ones work.

http://www.clubcivic.com/index.php?pageid=sniperscout
Old 06-23-2009
Premium Member

I saw that a couple days ago. Those HDR images of his are pretty dope. He def has the car hooked up. I rather focus on my motor to have some get up and go, then the exterior style ATM, but he def has both under control.
Old 06-23-2009

for sure. I really like his work that hes done very nice. I'm workin on the motor last cause if i need to swap out for some unforseen reason then I wont have to cry over parts I paid for the stock engine.
Old 06-23-2009

Oh yeah would you guys know like a good way to clean the carpets in the vic? It's annoying me now that I vaccumed and stuff in the car but it still looks like **** cause theres stuff deep in the carpets.
Old 06-23-2009

Get some of that carpet cleaner in a can from anywhere that sells auto care products. Something that comes with one of those plastic brushes. Blue Crown is the brand I used, I think
Old 06-23-2009

alright thanks honder i'll have to lookit up.
Old 06-24-2009
Premium Member

I used a can of wollite on mine, and it made the car reek for about a month. But it did make them clean.
Old 06-24-2009

lol nice Triz. If I can't get anything to work from an auto store I'll try some woolite lol
Old 06-24-2009

hey honder found somewhere in oregon that can do some mandrel bending:
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/1226396364.html

I haven't checked it out yet but I'll let you know if I find anything out.
Old 06-24-2009

Also I found a DC sports header on CL for 70 bucks.... but he says theres a nice dent at the bottom where the mandel bend is at and has no leaks. You guys think I should try to pick this up?
Old 06-25-2009

Well he said it'll fit any 1.6 and 1.5 motor or any D series so he has me a little confused. Heres a pic of the damage to the header:

Name:  damagedheadfer.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  48.0 KB
Old 06-25-2009

Don't know if it'll fit...but even if it did, i wouldn't want it...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Portland