Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

*CivicChick2001's Build/Car Thread*

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011
CivicChick2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all
Re: *CivicChick2001's Build/Car Thread*

are you done?
Old 07-15-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,199 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Speedownzone, calm down, buddy
she IS listening to you, you see (or reading, for the sake of grammar :P)

civicchick, yes, i do have the amzo headlight (bought them before i was active in here, thinking they projectors would be better... - they were not...)
search for gearbox's mini morimoto retofit thread - there is a lot of good info in there on how to DIY. also some good info on the light cutout that speedownzone is talking about and the poor choice of using the HID's for compensating the lack of output (which ends up causing glare and blinding other drivers while not improving your vision much either...)

being able to see is a large part of driving, so be careful ondoing the headlights. I was actually lucky, light output is not too bad on the amzo's and they did not fog for 3 years. I finally wired the halos a year ago so i could use them as DRL's in canada, they still light up.
keep doing the good work. Just be sure to not to reduce safety for looks. (speedwonzone had a bad encounter with an unresponsible driver and does not have his civic anymore, so please consider this when he gets upset for the safety part )
Cheers, guys!
Old 07-15-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
Speedownzone, calm down, buddy
she IS listening to you, you see (or reading, for the sake of grammar :P)

civicchick, yes, i do have the amzo headlight (bought them before i was active in here, thinking they projectors would be better... - they were not...)
search for gearbox's mini morimoto retofit thread - there is a lot of good info in there on how to DIY. also some good info on the light cutout that speedownzone is talking about and the poor choice of using the HID's for compensating the lack of output (which ends up causing glare and blinding other drivers while not improving your vision much either...)

being able to see is a large part of driving, so be careful ondoing the headlights. I was actually lucky, light output is not too bad on the amzo's and they did not fog for 3 years. I finally wired the halos a year ago so i could use them as DRL's in canada, they still light up.
keep doing the good work. Just be sure to not to reduce safety for looks. (speedwonzone had a bad encounter with an unresponsible driver and does not have his civic anymore, so please consider this when he gets upset for the safety part )
Cheers, guys!
oh i understand completly about safety. im all about safety. and i wouldnt put anything on my car that was unsafe. the entire reason for asking why ebay headlights suck to begin with is to clarify how to make them better if they are so bad. like when i said, do they come with bulbs? or can you buy different ones? meaning.. if its light output, can i buy different bulbs to make them brighter? i know a lot of people have ebay headlights here.. and they have also tweaked them to make them better.. rather that be fixing the cut off, or the brightness or whatever. but just because someone doesnt like the look or style of something, that has nothing to do with the question. and like i said, i havent decided on any headlights for my car, but i would really like to get the last ones i posted a link to. and if people say they "suck" because of the light output, because they blind people if your behind em, because they will blow out, then i will either 1. figure out who has fixed headlights to make them better (the ones i am gettin in particular) or 2. say forget it, and find another set. it's not a difficult thing, but i will get defensive if you straight up start bashin things i like. just like those rims i was talkin about.. i said i liked those, lowlife said he liked his, i said im not a huge fan of the ones he liked, but i also said "BUT that's just me. if that kind is what you like, then by all means, that's cool " and then we jokingly put up lame rim pictures and that was that.. never once did either one of us say "THOSE ARE FUGLY. EVERYONE AND THEIR MOM HAS THOSE. THEY'RE STUPID".. none of that is needed.. i understand people have opinions about everything, but there is a way to handle em.

anyways, im done with this whole issue. and i am sorry that he got into an encounter with another driver. i understand safety, and this:

"search for gearbox's mini morimoto retofit thread - there is a lot of good info in there on how to DIY. also some good info on the light cutout that speedownzone is talking about and the poor choice of using the HID's for compensating the lack of output (which ends up causing glare and blinding other drivers while not improving your vision much either...)"

is exactly what kind of info i was looking for when i asked that question to begin with. THIS tells me what to do and how to do it to fix the "suck" issue of the whole ebay headlight problem. so thank you for that.

and when you said yes, i do have the amzo headlight (bought them before i was active in here, thinking they projectors would be better... - they were not...) , did you end up fixing these to make them better? or did you just do away with them all together?
Old 07-15-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SpeedDownZone
Let's just be friends.
Dude tried to make it right! Unfortunately for him, once you get on the bad side of a female they'll never forgive you...
Old 07-15-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by Shift-E
Unfortunately for him, once you get on the bad side of a female they'll never forgive you...
oh that cracks me up.. lol
Old 07-15-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

oh, no, they are enough for me to drive around, but they are less than the stock ones (although mine were pretty bad already when i took them out.

BTW, you definitely deserved the rep point i gave you! good going!
SpeedDownZone, you are a buddy too! just don't get too hot! We know you have a short temper :P but the buddies are here fer that
Old 07-15-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SpeedDownZone
Lol how do you figure blue and purple hid colors are for girls. Again don't have anything against you I don't even know you. Let's just be friends
Purple hids are most certainly not just for girls, I replaced all my climate control bulbs with purple leds. I might put purple hids in my foglights since I don't really need the light output when driving, but it would be fun to have them at night for photoshoots.
Old 07-15-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

^ you don't need to declare yourself in here, in front of everyone, about your preferences fer purple :P bwaaaaahahahaha! "bad dog, sandro, baaaad dog!"
Old 07-15-2011
CivicChick2001

oh, no, they are enough for me to drive around, but they are less than the stock ones (although mine were pretty bad already when i took them out.

so what is the difference between the ones you have, and the ones that i put a link to? and also, are the kind i put up a pain in the butt to hook up? i have seen headlights hooked up, but never actually done it myself. i guess what im askin is.. what is the difference between hooking up a stock headlight and a projector headlight? is it more wiring? or is it a straight shot?

BTW, you definitely deserved the rep point i gave you! good going!

thanks! <-- love that dude. and that's how i feel with my shiney new rep point. hehehe
Old 07-15-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sorry, cannot tell... I only had my stock ones (an 01 and the beaten up 02's) and the ones i have now, which are not bad (maybe luck of the draw, though)
I'm more of a suspension guy with other stuff's knowledge, but i read a lot around.

BTW, sorry, it would have been easier to search for "TYC retrofit" posted by gearbox.

here it goes:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...it-2010-a.html
Shift-E and darksouljour might have some inputs on these too. They are better lightning guys than me.
Old 07-15-2011

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Shift-E and darksouljour might have some inputs on these too. They are better lightning guys than me.
Anything i learned was from gearbox. I also refused to do anything he told me till I understood why lol. I spent countless moments just staring at his relay harness diagram just trying to figure out what did what lol.

I've never done a retro aside from the Morimoto Mini, which is plug and play basically. Retrofitting another projector and I'd be lost lol
Old 07-15-2011
CivicChick2001

sorry, cannot tell... I only had my stock ones (an 01 and the beaten up 02's) and the ones i have now, which are not bad (maybe luck of the draw, though)
I'm more of a suspension guy with other stuff's knowledge, but i read a lot around.

BTW, sorry, it would have been easier to search for "TYC retrofit" posted by gearbox.

here it goes:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...it-2010-a.html
thanks for gettin that thread for me .. i tried lookin for the other one and couldnt find it.. lol

so when i decide to lower my car, should i come to you and ask about it before i do it/get it done? i dont think there is any way for me to do that myself. i'd end up taking it to a garage and have them do it most likely.

but that's farrrr down the road. ill cross that bridge when i get to it.

how hard is it to hook these lights up? should i just get someone in a shop to do it? it's seeming harder and harder the more we talk about it.. lol
Old 07-15-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

non! wiring headlights are pretty easy if you keep to the basics of wiring (heat shrink connectors, keeping the minimum length of wires, etc - mechanical engineer here, not electrical, so...) making them work good is not so much, requiring some oven baking as well - read in the thread
fer suspension stuff, i have them in my signature :P
Old 07-15-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Gearbox is awesome at answering HID and headlight questions, those are his real expertise and he's really patient with explaining things.

^ you don't need to declare yourself in here, in front of everyone, about your preferences fer purple :P bwaaaaahahahaha! "bad dog, sandro, baaaad dog!"
Thanks Sandro

I like pink and purple has been my favourite colour since I was eight, i could care less if it's perceived as a girly colour.
Old 07-16-2011

I just did a quick search and most of those headlights are all plug and play. They've done all the wiring work for you. The only thing is, if you want halo's then you're going to need to play with some wires.

I recommend going with TYC because they actually did OEM work on our cars, so they're a little bit more reliable I would think (though I haven't tried them).

They come in Chrome and Black, but no Halo (Don't know how important that is to you)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/TYC-2001-2003-HONDA-CIVIC-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHT-2-4DR-LX-/170666081669?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &fits=Year%3A2001|Make%3AHonda|Model%3ACivic&hash= item27bc7dbd85

http://cgi.ebay.ca/TYC-2001-2003-HONDA-CIVIC-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHT-2-4DR-LX-/170666081669?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &fits=Year%3A2001|Make%3AHonda|Model%3ACivic&hash= item27bc7dbd85

THATS IF YOU DON'T RETRO.
Old 07-16-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Gearbox is awesome at answering HID and headlight questions, those are his real expertise and he's really patient with explaining things.

Thanks Sandro

I like pink and purple has been my favourite colour since I was eight, i could care less if it's perceived as a girly colour.
Old 07-16-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by MindBomber
oh i know this from experience. if it wasnt for him, my door panels would still have the falling apart stock fabric in em.. but thanks to him, he answered every single one of my questions, which was a lot, and i got it done, and they look great. i had no intention of taking anything apart.. or fixing anything.. or changing anything when i stumbled upon this forum. but, from reading here and there, then joining, then asking all the questions i did.. i now not only know how to take door panels off, but i know how to also change the fabric in em. and its ALL thanks to gearbox. you can even look at that thread and there is alot of me saying, theres no way im gonna even try to take em off! lol.. and now i can go out in my garage and take em off in a breeze.

but anyways, ill definetly ask him more about these imparticular. ive asked him about the tyc headlights bc thats the ones he has.. but i would like to know more about the ones in the link for sure, dunno why i like em so much, but i do .
Old 07-16-2011
CivicChick2001

non! wiring headlights are pretty easy if you keep to the basics of wiring (heat shrink connectors, keeping the minimum length of wires, etc - mechanical engineer here, not electrical, so...) making them work good is not so much, requiring some oven baking as well - read in the thread
fer suspension stuff, i have them in my signature :P
k, ill read it

speaking of signatures.. i try to make one all the time and it shows the "preview" of it in the little edit screen, but every time i come back to like a thread or whatever, there is nothing there.. am i doing something wrong? or is that normal?
Old 07-16-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by Shift-E
I just did a quick search and most of those headlights are all plug and play. They've done all the wiring work for you. The only thing is, if you want halo's then you're going to need to play with some wires.

I recommend going with TYC because they actually did OEM work on our cars, so they're a little bit more reliable I would think (though I haven't tried them).

They come in Chrome and Black, but no Halo (Don't know how important that is to you)

THATS IF YOU DON'T RETRO.
pulled this from the site..

Description2001-2003 Honda Civic Halo Projector Headlights. Projector Headlight Kits are manufactured to exact OEM specifications for easy installation and fit. Dramatically improved styling and increased light output with a pair of projector headlights for your Honda Civic.Features & Specs
• Sold in a pair
• Everything needed is included
• Easy Installation. OE Fitment
• DOT / SAE Approved
• Better Light Output

is this all a bunch of BS so you'll buy it? or does it have to be DOT/SAE approved for them to put that on there? as well as the OEM statement up there.. ? im sure those are all key selling statements, i just didnt know if all of em said this or not..
Old 07-16-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i believe TYC headlights are DOT approved but the rest is questionable as for your interior armrest cover check this place they make custom pieces in whatever fabric and stiching you want for very affordable prices http://dcagarage.com/index.php?main_page=products_all
Old 07-16-2011
Registered!!

d0ughbOy81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lowlife9
these mite aid in visibility at night with your ebay headlights.
i want thous in a 4 lug PIMP
Old 07-16-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civicchick2001
pulled this from the site..

Description2001-2003 Honda Civic Halo Projector Headlights. Projector Headlight Kits are manufactured to exact OEM specifications for easy installation and fit. Dramatically improved styling and increased light output with a pair of projector headlights for your Honda Civic.Features & Specs
• Sold in a pair
• Everything needed is included
• Easy Installation. OE Fitment
• DOT / SAE Approved
• Better Light Output

is this all a bunch of BS so you'll buy it? or does it have to be DOT/SAE approved for them to put that on there? as well as the OEM statement up there.. ? im sure those are all key selling statements, i just didnt know if all of em said this or not..

I do believe they are DOT approved, and it is OE fitment. Installation is quite easy, and I do remember them including bulbs. Only thing I'd say is bs is the light output bit.. I wish I had pics from the halogen light output, but alls I have is light output shots of when I installed HIDs in 'em

I'm pretty sure you can find 'em cheaper than what Shift-E posted.. They slapped an $85 shipping charge on those links to lure you in. I think the last set I bought came to $130 shipped.
Old 07-16-2011
CivicChick2001

these ones - http://www.slickcar.com/details/3948...headlights.asp - say after everything it would be:

Sub-Total: $136.99
UPS Ground Shipping: $19.10
Grand Total: $156.09

is that a good deal for these types of headlights?
Old 07-16-2011

I posted those links so she could see what I meant by TYC. Some people think the style is called TYC, and don't know thats the company name. Of course, people can always find cheaper if they look for it.
Old 07-16-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by lowlife9
i believe TYC headlights are DOT approved but the rest is questionable as for your interior armrest cover check this place they make custom pieces in whatever fabric and stiching you want for very affordable prices http://dcagarage.com/index.php?main_page=products_all
some of those are tight.. i like the microsuede ones a lot.. thanks for that link btw .. i went to JoAnn's today to take back something and saw a little bit of fabric at the end of the spool's or whatever they call it.. and it was super cheap, and i got some black, looks like pleather, or something and some other blue fabric that i might use for my doors, or somethin else.. i dunno, it was like almost 1.5 yards worth of fabric for like $5.. couldnt pass that up.. i was thinkin of makin and arm rest cover, but i dont know the dimensions of the armrest or anything.. and you cant just measure fabric like you do with hard edged things.. still thinkin about makin one though.. we'll see..

im still workin on my trunk lid liner cover thing, so im gonna try and get that done, or close to it today..
Old 07-16-2011
CivicChick2001

speaking of being out and about today.. after i came out of JoAnn's, i had a sticky note that said "REAR RIGHT TIRE FLAT" on my door.. i went around and sure enough.. flat as can be. i had to walk to a wallgreens and get fix-a-flat, and came back and used it. thank God it worked well enough to get me to a tire place. spent about 2hrs there and they patched up the tire. she's all better now, but dang. that sucked. lol.. could have been worse though, im just glad i dont have to buy a new tire. just thought i'd share the joys of my day so far. lol
Old 07-16-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

yeah that's why i carry a tire repair kit and Fix-A-Flat in my trunk. as for the armrest unless yout really good at cutting and sewing its going to be hard to just wrap a single piece of fabric without it being all wrinkled especially if the fabric has no stretch . that online store also has pre made door inserts,shift boots and basically anything that can be wrapped you can also buy items already wrapped like headliners,sun visors,and pillars or you can send them a part and they will do it for you its a pretty cool site.
Old 07-16-2011
CivicChick2001

dang, that is pretty sweet. speakin of sun visors.. are those able to be taken off? i wanted to paint the mirror cover things on em blue the other day, but i tugged at em, and didnt wanna break em. have you ever taken urs off? or anyone for that matter?

i finished that trunk lid liner thing i was workin on.. gonna make a thread on the 7th gen page and link it back up here..
Old 07-16-2011
Registered!!

yes they can be taken off i have my headliner,sun visors and all of my plastic pillars wrapped in faux suede i got from jo-anns. first you have to unscrew them from the roof there is a plastic cover you remove to get to the screws were it attaches to the roof then the visors open like a clam shell just wedge a flat head in the crease and pry them apart. getting the mirror and trim off is a pain because there like plastic riveted into place you have to drill them out then bond them back together when your done. pics of my headliner and rear pillars.

Last edited by lowlife9; 09-29-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Old 07-16-2011
CivicChick2001

just finished writing up how i did my trunk lid liner.. if you wanna read it/ look at it, here it is:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ml#post4549204