Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

*CivicChick2001's Build/Car Thread*

Old 07-24-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *CivicChick2001's Build/Car Thread*

yeah pretty much, i think mainly because hids are wider whereas halogens just have a bright blob in the center and very little to the sides. they both look bright head on, but hid looks brighter to the sides under the cutoff. its still stupid how most ppl dont realize when the car is pointing up in the sky, so are the headlights. i think maybe only 5% of oem hid equipped cars have auto level projectors that shoot down when you go up a hill or over a bump. its a pretty cool feature tho.
Old 07-24-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Gotta love those adaptive headlights

But they're expensive as SHIIIIIIT to repair/replace...
Old 07-24-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

i know someone has posted these on here already, but i just love these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-03...Q5fAccessories

they basically give you that clean stock look, but cleaner. and i think a little amber bulb for the blinkers or whatever would look aight too.
Old 07-24-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

its so easy to do that to your stock lights tho. just open em up and pull out the amber corner piece thats clipped in. then reseal and youre ready to go.
Old 07-24-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Are they really clipped on?
I haven't really looked into it, suppose I should. I do want them out, and maybe I'll be a ricer and shove some audi lights in there while i'm at it

And "supposedly" the crystals dont oxidize, or so i hear
Old 07-24-2011
Premium Member

i found the perfect sticker for your car

Old 07-24-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gearbox
its so easy to do that to your stock lights tho. just open em up and pull out the amber corner piece thats clipped in. then reseal and youre ready to go.
knowing me though, i'd screw something up.. im guessing thats part of the whole stick em in the oven deal.. to heat up the edges, then open them up and get that piece out? is it really just clipped in though? is there a diy anywhere of how to open ur headlights up and do this? cuz this is somethin i'd like.. i love how it looks without that piece in there.
Old 07-24-2011
Premium Member

yeah its one of the first diys we had here. bumper comes off, headlights come off, then you can either use a heatgun to slowly open em or use the over for 5-10 mins on the lowest heat setting. once open, the chrome trim detatches from the front lens with one screw, and the amber piece can be poked out from the back (it has 3 lil tabs that clip into the chrome piece). then put it back in reverse order. you prolly should get some butyl window sealer like 3m windoweld ribbon or the stuff at napa. its soft and squishy stuff on a roll and you use some of that to fill in the gaps before sealing it back together. otherwise it could leak if you put it together with only the factory sealer. it will not completely seal in some places. the most important part is not to touch the chrome or you will ruin it with fingerprints. same goes for the inside part of the clear front lens.
Old 07-24-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, well, guess i wont be doing it than.
The clips under my front bumper are caked on, and cannot be removed.

Tried to take em out and broke some of em without getting any progress, only bent the bumper forward to change my grill lol.
Old 07-25-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Lol, well, guess i wont be doing it than.
The clips under my front bumper are caked on, and cannot be removed.

Tried to take em out and broke some of em without getting any progress, only bent the bumper forward to change my grill lol.
bahahaha that sucks. I couldn't imagine changing my grille with the bumper not coming off
Old 07-25-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

zip ties ???
Old 07-26-2011
Registered!!

kyle_l88 will become famous soon enoughkyle_l88 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by civicchick2001
yeah. here's the covo with cop.. while i was living in GA..

"well little lady, them there windows are lookin a little dark"

was i speeding? or doing something wrong?

"nope, you drove by me and i couldnt see through, so i thought i'd stop you and check them there windows out!"

oh. ok, well yeah, they are tinted, i bought this car with them tinted and i thought they lifted the law about window tinting.. ?

"nope, came back in effect a few months ago little lady"

well that's great, if i would have known that, i would have had the tint changed to the legal amount.

"well hang on, I'm gonna go get my tool to check it".. he goes to his car, comes back with a odd lookin thing and puts it on my window and says.. "well little lady, this here is what you call liimmo tint, ya know the kind where u caint see nuthin threw?"

yeah, it's pretty dark, but like i said, i had no clue it was illegal again.

"well, it IS illegal and you ARE gettin a ticket"

goes to his car, comes back, hands me a frikkin ticket for like $78 and tells me to have my tint changed. i say, okay! will do! and he ends it with a "well ok little lady, you have a good rest of your day!"

needless to say, i was pissed! wasnt speeding. i was wearing my seat belt. all i was doing was driving home and this moron pulls a U-turn in the middle of the street when he goes by me and pulls me over for tint.

so - im not dealin with any more problems with tint - i got the back done and im good with that for now. im still ticked at that ticket though if ya cant tell. "little lady" ugh
I know im a little late on the tint but man that sucks. Im near Toronto in canada and I have my back 5% and my front 35%. I have never been bothered or was it the front that he had an issue with?
Old 07-26-2011
Registered!!

i had those before and had a body shop paint em to match the car. did not affect light output since it does not shine that high to be covered. and you can use 3m double sided mounting tape to attach em.

some pics of the headlight bulbs in 01-03 civic h4 housing.
Hey Gearbox where did you get the Phillips XP ones ? I was looking for some
Old 07-26-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by kyle_l88
I know im a little late on the tint but man that sucks. Im near Toronto in canada and I have my back 5% and my front 35%. I have never been bothered or was it the front that he had an issue with?
i dont know what his deal was! he wasnt even behind me.. i was just driving home from somewhere and i passed him and he pulls a u-ey as if i was speeding and pulls me over. for TINT! i still cant believe it.. like really dude. u were THAT bored?

but whatever, they were all tinted 7% or 5%, and when i passed him, my windows were up, so i guess he just saw black windows and decided to pull me over. im sure he thought he was about to get some punk (with the kind of car i had), but when i put the window down, he looked like he felt bad lol..

im not 100% to blame though, the law did change and go back into effect without me knowing it. thats why i was so shocked when he pulled me over and thats why i also questioned him about it. but none the less, he gave me a ticket.

Old 07-26-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by kyle_l88
Hey Gearbox where did you get the Phillips XP ones ? I was looking for some
(didnt know if u wanted to wait, but he gave me this site)

www.powerbulbs.com

Old 07-26-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

5% tint in the front is ridiciously dark
Old 07-26-2011
Premium Member

civicchick, if you are interested i may have some headlights for you. i found my old backup set i was keeping in case the new ones didnt work out, but ive had em for over a year and they seem fine. i dont think i have any more use for the stockers. pretty much they started out as oem honda sedan headlights (01-03 civic) that i opened up and popped the amber pieces out of, but kept the clear reflector in. i then completely resealed the seams with the 3m butyl compound for a perfect oem weatherproof seal. they will never leak water at all. i need to open the box and see what exactly i have, im guessing i should be able to dig up the sockets for 7443 and 168 bulbs. and im pretty sure there are a set of philips ECO H4 bulbs inside with the boots. and a pair of natural amber glass 7443 bulbs. these can only be found from ebay seller "autopartshouse" and are the best you can get. its not amber coating that falls off but actual amber colored glass that never fades or flakes. if you are interested, i can pull them out and see what i have. I was looking to get around $100 shipped for em since shipping alone is like $25 for the huge box. also when i had them open, i swapped on brand new front lens covers. so they are perfectly new with no scratches or pits or yellowing. they look super nice with the exception of a tiny factory defect on one of the chrome shrouds. there is like a dull silvery patch around the park light area that didnt get sprayed chrome or something. its hardly noticable but i will take pics of the damage.
Old 07-26-2011
Premium Member

some pics. you will get both headlamps fully sealed (guaranteed never to leak), pair of new 7443 natural amber bulbs and sockets for signal, pair of new w5w bulbs and sockets for park light, philips ECO H4 bulbs with rubber dust boots, and if you want i can try to see if the amber pieces can be put in the box also. just remove the bumper, the old lights, swap the metal brackets from old lights to new lights (one bolt), and put them in. aiming may be necessary after install, just use a star screwdriver and turn the aiming adjustment bolt. if the amber bulb doesnt look good, you can always swap for a clear one.

passenger side is perfect

driver side has a small defect in the chrome trim. i took a closeup of the silver hazy area. its near the top of the park light reflector, so it shouldnt be noticable.

and the whole light mint except the small defect

Old 07-26-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Wow, that's pretty sexy, if i wasnt saving for a drop first, id pick those up
Old 07-26-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

lol at complaining about a $78 tint ticket, if you know it's illegal you should just expect it.

Here a tint ticket minimum is $128 and the maximum is over $800, once you receive the ticket you have two weeks to remove it or receive an additional $498 ticket.
Old 07-26-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by MindBomber
lol at complaining about a $78 tint ticket, if you know it's illegal you should just expect it.
lol. i didnt know it was illegal.. i bought the car with it already tinted and at the time, it was legal. then 2 months after i had the car, it became illegal again.. thats why i asked the cop what was going on.. bc i thought it was legal. ugh. sux.

Old 07-26-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick, if you are interested i may have some headlights for you. i found my old backup set i was keeping in case the new ones didnt work out, but ive had em for over a year and they seem fine. i dont think i have any more use for the stockers. pretty much they started out as oem honda sedan headlights (01-03 civic) that i opened up and popped the amber pieces out of, but kept the clear reflector in. i then completely resealed the seams with the 3m butyl compound for a perfect oem weatherproof seal. they will never leak water at all. i need to open the box and see what exactly i have, im guessing i should be able to dig up the sockets for 7443 and 168 bulbs. and im pretty sure there are a set of philips ECO H4 bulbs inside with the boots. and a pair of natural amber glass 7443 bulbs. these can only be found from ebay seller "autopartshouse" and are the best you can get. its not amber coating that falls off but actual amber colored glass that never fades or flakes. if you are interested, i can pull them out and see what i have. I was looking to get around $100 shipped for em since shipping alone is like $25 for the huge box. also when i had them open, i swapped on brand new front lens covers. so they are perfectly new with no scratches or pits or yellowing. they look super nice with the exception of a tiny factory defect on one of the chrome shrouds. there is like a dull silvery patch around the park light area that didnt get sprayed chrome or something. its hardly noticable but i will take pics of the damage.
dang! that's a good deal! ill have to figure out how to come up with the $ in order to get them from you, but thank u for thinkin about me with these! are u sure u dont need em? to keep em or whatever.. im pretty paranoid about that kinda stuff.. like when i changed my stereo out, i kept my old on for like 6 months before i sold the other one. lol..

anyways, i can let u know as soon as i have the money. im sure ur gonna get some offers for em now that they're up on here..

those are very nice though, and i think they'd look amazing on my ride..

Old 07-26-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

lol. i didnt know it was illegal.. i bought the car with it already tinted and at the time, it was legal. then 2 months after i had the car, it became illegal again.. thats why i asked the cop what was going on.. bc i thought it was legal. ugh. sux.

that sucks then, they let everyone go out and pay for tint on the fronts and then make it illegal and expect people to remove it.
Old 07-26-2011
Registered!!

(didnt know if u wanted to wait, but he gave me this site)

www.powerbulbs.com

o sweet thanks! Waaaaaaaaaaoooow free shipping too
Old 07-26-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

there are ways around it say if you get a doctors note stating you are very sensitive to UV light you are allowed dark tint well in my state anyway.
Old 07-26-2011
Kenny the Ricer

There are no medical exceptions in a lot of states, including california :3
Old 07-26-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by MindBomber
that sucks then, they let everyone go out and pay for tint on the fronts and then make it illegal and expect people to remove it.
yep. i mean if i knew, sure, its on me and its my fault. but i honestly didnt, and i couldnt believe it. ugh, still makes me mad. and he made it seem like i was some person like runnin from the law.. passed me, flipped his lights on, sirens blazin, and right on my @ss. and im sittin there like.. w...t...f...? lol

oh well, done and over with.. and that car was sold with the tint on there, so its on them now. no clue if they fixed it or not. but a black car with black 5% tint.. yeah, bound and determined to get noticed again.

crazy system they got goin on, but its bringin in $ on both ends..
Old 07-26-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by lowlife9
there are ways around it say if you get a doctors note stating you are very sensitive to UV light you are allowed dark tint well in my state anyway.
wow. can u go as dark as 5%?
Old 07-26-2011
Registered!!

it varies by state so i couldn't tell you.
Old 07-27-2011
Registered!!

wow. can u go as dark as 5%?
5% in the back is freakin sweet. In the front windows maybe not as smart but that sucks that you guys get booked hard for it. I mean i ran around with Smoked out tail lights for a year here in Toronto and never got bugged once lol

Search this Thread