Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

*CivicChick2001's Build/Car Thread*

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough
Re: *CivicChick2001's Build/Car Thread*

Originally Posted by kyle_l88
5% in the back is freakin sweet. In the front windows maybe not as smart but that sucks that you guys get booked hard for it. I mean i ran around with Smoked out tail lights for a year here in Toronto and never got bugged once lol
Smoked tails aren't illegal in Ontario. Law here is you need at least 3 tail lights that work, with at least one being amber in colour. So the third brake light (in the rear window or on the spoiler) is all you need to be amber and the other two can be whatever.
Old 07-29-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

just had a question about the claybar for ur car.. first off, which one should i get? Mothers or Meguiars? ive seen both kits, and for just about the same price, the Meguiars comes with another bottle of spray on wax i believe, in addition to the spray you need for the claybar.. i dunno which is better though..

and is this the correct order as far as when to use it...?

rinse car
wash car
rinse car
dry off
claybar
rinse car
wax car
buff car
?

i dont know if i dry it after i wash it.. or if i rinse it after i claybar it.. and how long do u wait to do the wax after its claybar-ed. lol

(if ya cant tell.. im not a fan of startin stuff that i dont know jack about. so, anyone who uses/used a claybar, please let me know) thanks
Old 07-29-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

best clay kit ive used is "claymagic" from autozone. there is a lil blue clay man on the front lol. the other stuff doesnt even compare. for the clay lube, it comes with stuff but you can use any quick detailer product you want. wash the car like normal, dry it off but doesnt have to be perfect. now one panel at a time, spray generous amounts of lube/detailer on the paint and the claybar. start sliding the clay back and forth over the surface. it helps to rip off a smaller piece of clay that is easier to move. you need to experiment with the pressure so its not dragging too much. you want to basically wipe the contaminants off the paint. if you see the clay bar turning dark, its working. when youre done, spray the panel again with the detailer and buff to a dry shine. feel the paint with back of your hand. it should be smooth as glass. if not, try the clay process again. once youre done, wax the panel like normal. you may want to clay the whole car first and then wax after its all done.you will need quite a few microfiber towels for this process. walmart has a 5 pack (blue/white) for $5 which is the best you will find. if you drop a piece of clay on the ground, throw it away.
Old 07-29-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Meguiars comes with a sample of the cleaner wax, which is like $5 for the regular sized cleaner wax anyways, not that expensive.

But get either one, they both work great.

This is my process:
Wash
Dry
Clay
Wash
Dry
Wax

You can wax right after you clay, as long as the surface is clean and dry.
You can even skip the second wash if you want, but id just rather not rub all the crap i removed from my car, back into the car.

If you want, after you clay, you can get the Meguiars cleaner wax (The sample is not gonna be enough anyways)
And use cleaner wax
wipe off
wax with NXT Gen 2.0
wait overnight
wipe off

Your car will glow
Old 07-29-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

sweet, thanks for the help with that guys.. ill definetly be swingin by walmart to pick up some of those towels cuz autozone charges quite a bit for em usually.. and i think after i clay bar it, ill be getting that NXT Gen 2.0 wax.. im done with turtle wax.. and if that NXT stuff will make my paint sparkle like it should, i cant wait to try it out. ill be leaving it on over night too so it can dry good and be buffed out the next morning. does it matter what kind of auto car wash im using? right now im using the new armor-all ultra shine wash and wax stuff.. (the orangle liquid soap)

i got a feeling this clay bar process is gonna take a while to do. lol
Old 07-29-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

The first time i clay barred, i think it took like 3~5 hrs
And that's only because I have white and i'm super OCD about stuff like this

And it shouldnt really matter what brand you use, anything that claims is "High suds" works good (like meguiars, lol sorry, i love meguairs brand)
But right now, i'm using Blue Coral since it was cheap, works fine.
All car soap is about $3~5 and it'll last you pretty much a good year or 2, even with my constant washing every so often, this bottle lasted me a good portion of the year already
Old 07-29-2011
CivicChick2001

i know how ya feel.. im like that with just about everything i do.. sux it takes so much time, but man does it look good when ur done haha

i cant wait to see what it looks (and feels like) after im done with the clay bar.. ive heard some pretty sweet things about it. i saw one dude on youtube who used one on his black mustang, and the paint just looked wet.. like water or somethin.. im hoping mine turns out good.. lol
Old 07-29-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

claybar really doesn't make my car look any different than after a nice wash, but feeling it is completely different. After I wash it, it usually still feels a bit bumpy, but after I claybar, it's smooth as fuuuu. That with a good wax job makes my car happy
Old 07-30-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

you don't leave wax on overnight it dries in about 15-30 minutes plus if its left outside dust and contaminants will settle on it then you buff that onto your car and it can leave scratches . just let it haze up buff it and you can apply even more coats of wax on your car. alse be careful with those microfiber clothes if you apply to much pressure it will leave scratches. and get there new stuff called meguiars ultimate wax its better then the NXT 2.0. if you really want you car to look better then new you should have it wet sanded but you should probably have that professionally done by a detailer.

Last edited by lowlife9; 07-30-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-30-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by lowlife9
you don't leave wax on overnight it dries in about 15-30 minutes plus if its left outside dust and contaminants will settle on it then you buff that onto your car and it can leave scratches . just let it haze up buff it and you can apply even more coats of wax on your car. alse be careful with those microfiber clothes if you apply to much pressure it will leave scratches. and get there new stuff called meguiars ultimate wax its better then the NXT 2.0. if you really want you car to look better then new you should have it wet sanded but you should probably have that professionally done by a detailer.
what if it sits in a garage over night? is that still bad? the only time it'll be outside is when its gettin washed, otherwise, garage is where it'll be..
Old 07-30-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
claybar really doesn't make my car look any different than after a nice wash, but feeling it is completely different. After I wash it, it usually still feels a bit bumpy, but after I claybar, it's smooth as fuuuu. That with a good wax job makes my car happy
cant wait to feeeeel the difference then i hate when its all washed and nice lookin, but feels like yuck. and with this claybar thing, when u use it in an area, and then u "kneed" it and go to another area, what happens to all that junk u just got up and off ur car? is it sittin inside the clay? wouldnt that kinda cause an issue? especially towards the end of the job? i just got to thinkin about that.. its kinda like waxing.. yeah u have a nice clean towell to buff out the wax, but u dont use that same towell all the way through.. u get different ones when needed. kinda odd u would use one little bar..

Old 07-30-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

even still you don't leave it on overnight it dries and hazes in like 15-30 minutes. then you ad a second or evan third coat if you wanted leaving on overnight is completely pointless especially if you get it on any black plastic getting it off will be strenuous. trust me i use to detail professionally.
Old 07-30-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Garage is fine for overnight

And dont freak out...detailing is not a hard job, yes, it'll stay in the clay, it'll work.
Just go out and do it :3

Dont turn this into a carnoobie thread :X
Old 07-30-2011
Kenny the Ricer

^ you can do it lowlife's way, too

Either way, works
But after you claybar + wax in the same day, you'll want to leave it over night, as your arms will fall off if you try to wipe it off

Eh, overnight works for me, especially if u see the condition my paint is in...
(rock chips excluded)
Old 07-30-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Garage is fine for overnight

And dont freak out...detailing is not a hard job, yes, it'll stay in the clay, it'll work.
Just go out and do it :3

Dont turn this into a carnoobie thread :X
lol.. oh i have detailed my cars before, ive just never used this clay bar thing before now.. i used to just disappear on the weekends, drive over to my dads where i had all my stuff (when he was gone) and just spend all day detailing my car. i just loved doing it too.. and not to mention, i used to make some $ doing it for others who saw how good mine looked.. so its not a new thing to me.. but learning about products that work for you guys is really helpin me for not just now, but for every time after this. i was known for always havin a sexy ride, and if u even went near it, i flipped out. i kinda was heart broken after i sold my spyder eclipse, and im just tryin to love my civic as much as i did that car.

but thanks for all the advice u guys give me.. i honestly do appreciate it
Old 07-30-2011
CivicChick2001

i know this is a civic forum, but this was my baby that i sold when i moved..

i kept her clean 24/7 and i miss her SO much. i keep tellin myself if i end up back in GA, im gonna find her and buy her back.

but my civic is my baby now, and im just tryin to get back in the groove of all of this again. been 'out of the game' i guess u could say for just about 4 years now.

but this is what i have been talkin about here and there.. just thought i'd share
Old 07-30-2011
Kenny the Ricer

It looked good.
Was never a fan of the older model eclipses, i kinda liked the 09+ ones though :3
Old 07-30-2011
Registered!!

id say about 90% of the times i see eclipse's theres a chick driving it.
Old 07-30-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

ya for sure, I have noticed the unusual amount of them as well.
Old 07-30-2011
CivicChick2001

It looked good.
Was never a fan of the older model eclipses, i kinda liked the 09+ ones though :3
thank ya

and u crazy.. lol.. this was my fav model eclipse.. i dunno what they were thinkin when they came out with the ones after this model, but they recovered with the 09's and on.. they're not bad, and i'd love to have one of those..
Old 07-30-2011
CivicChick2001

thats cuz its a sexy car and chicks look good drivin em

Old 07-30-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Lol, i see more chicks in cali driving stangs than eclipses
Old 07-30-2011
CivicChick2001

Lol, i see more chicks in cali driving stangs than eclipses
lol i believe that.. my mama drives a stang.. she loves that thing too.. shes thinkin about gettin a new camaro though. i told her to get the new convertible one
Old 07-30-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Originally Posted by civicchick2001
lol i believe that.. my mama drives a stang.. she loves that thing too.. shes thinkin about gettin a new camaro though. i told her to get the new convertible one
If you do, get the V6, trust me. It's better

I test drove both, the V8 is way too heavy
Old 07-30-2011
CivicChick2001

she's a muscle car woman and i highly doubt she'd ever choose a v6 over a v8.. heavy and loud is all good with her lol
Old 07-30-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Not that much louder...
and the acceleration sucks compared to the V6 lol
Old 07-30-2011
Registered!!

the V6 is like 300HP with 35 40 mpg but i wouldn't by a new mustang or camaro id go 60s maybe the new Z06 those can actually go around corners lol
Old 07-30-2011
Kenny the Ricer

I drove the Z06 the same day as the camero, and my god, what a machine

The camero's got NOTHING on the vette. Vette is really a dream machine
But it is a little tail happy on the turns
Old 07-30-2011
CivicChick2001

i'd love to get my hands on a brand new nissan GT-R.. my lord those things are amazing. i saw one drivin around here for the first time like a month ago, and dang. if only i had $100,000 lol.. i'd get the black edition one they have.. whew.. love it
Old 07-30-2011
Registered!!

as far *** looks the GT-R is not very attractive looking you could say its fugly.