General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CGaud is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Originally Posted by rjones7755
I restored the headlights with the turtle wax kit and some plastx....looks pretty much brand new for only 12 dollars
This is on the to do list... Was it scary sanding away at your headlights?

I installed a base Rsx sway on my EM2 tonight... this is just temporary for now. I want to get a better feel for a larger sway when I finally get my coilovers on. The ride is sweet! can't wait to get a 22mm one (from MaxT).
I must admit that this job got the best of me. PB Blaster def helped with stubborn endlinks. I hate alan wrench w/ box wrench applications.

Last edited by CGaud; 07-04-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Old 07-04-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SilkyCivic
I sold mine. You all will be missed. Going to buy a 2010 Mustang GT. I can't pass up the deal. Fully modded for only 22k, blue books at 29,775 stock.
don't worry, many sold theirs but are still in here
drop by from time to time
Old 07-04-2011
Kustom Painter

Mr.Entabulator is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as the headlights go, you can wetsand them with 600 grit to knock off all the scratches and then 1200 grit to kill the 600 grit scratches and then clear coat your headlights. They will look brand new and never haze over again because you'll have a uv protected barrier. I threw some black base coat in my clear so I tinted mine ever so slightly.
Old 07-04-2011
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by CGaud
This is on the to do list... Was it scary sanding away at your headlights?
Nah it wasn't bad....i was a little afraid they would come out effed up. The only thing i recommend is if your going to buy the turtle wax kit, get plastX too...the headlight polish they give you sucks. I was gonna do this
diy but couldnt find a high enough grit to do it.
Old 07-04-2011
Registered!!

Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Brian1037
38k... nice. Hope the odo wasn't rolled back tho... but very nice
I don't think so. The carfax was good and there's not enough to wear and tear on the car for that to be the case.
Old 07-04-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Bored.. Shes getting up there in kms!

Name:  IMG00302-20110628-0552.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  51.0 KB
Old 07-04-2011
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

wet sanded my hood and did an oil change
Old 07-04-2011
Registered!!

marccayen is an unknown quantity at this point

Brought the car in a shop for a buff and polish looks great. Then I drove her to the honda dealership and jumped in a 2012 si and brought that for a ride ahahahah.
Old 07-04-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

I VHT'd my tails last night and bout a rear lip / side skirts, planning on putting those on soon

I know some of you dont like tinted tails but i really do and figured they would look good with my black / silver theme and my blacked out headlights. They look dark in the pic but the light shines through very easily, 2 coats of VHT and one coat of acrylic enamel, i wanted to keep my reverse lights but i was having too much trouble getting the shape so i just painted over them and surprisingly they still light things up well. Here they are:

Name:  Ottawa-20110704-00029.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  102.7 KB
Old 07-10-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Name:  7b419c85.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  124.5 KB

Gloss black'ed my heat shield and cleaned my intake filter
Waiting for this to dry up to clear the front and back (no paint on inside, just clearing it)

Snapped the bottom bolt that holds the heat shield in place, it was too seized up.

Question now is:
Take the header out and drill out the bolt, then buy a new bolt? $1
Or
Buy a new header off ebay? $50

...Either way, I'm going to have to remove the header
Old 07-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Installed es motor mount bushings and painted the mounts silver.

My car is buzzing now lol
Old 07-10-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
I VHT'd my tails last night and bout a rear lip / side skirts, planning on putting those on soon

I know some of you dont like tinted tails but i really do and figured they would look good with my black / silver theme and my blacked out headlights. They look dark in the pic but the light shines through very easily, 2 coats of VHT and one coat of acrylic enamel, i wanted to keep my reverse lights but i was having too much trouble getting the shape so i just painted over them and surprisingly they still light things up well. Here they are:

Nice lights. I like tinted too but not that dark unless it's a black car. If you're bored, wanna take a night time shot of how the light looks going through the tint?
Old 07-10-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice lights. I like tinted too but not that dark unless it's a black car. If you're bored, wanna take a night time shot of how the light looks going through the tint?
I can take a shot for you sometime soon. Ill put it in here so you can find it easy.

Washed, polished, vacuumed, armoralled, window cleaned the whole car today. She looked beautiful.
Old 07-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I painted my coilovers john deere green, they look brand new now and the colour is much nicer than tein green to be honest. I'm glad I didn't waste money on a custom tinted spray can.
Old 07-10-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

^ Pics please?
Old 07-10-2011
Registered!!

Ckutch02EX is an unknown quantity at this point

Washed it and used Mother's cleaner wax. I didn't realize how "tan" my car had become. Nice and shiny white now.
Old 07-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I'll post up some pics tomorrow.. feelin lazy tonight

I found a diy of someone who polished their stock rear lcas, I might try that tomorrow, from a distance they look really nice.
Old 07-10-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

I'll tell you right now that i'm getting a very good amount of light through them and at night you can't even tell that they're tinted. I'll take a night shot if you want, but i'm out of town till Saturday so u'd have to wait :P
Old 07-10-2011
Registered!!

CGaud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rjones7755
Nah it wasn't bad....i was a little afraid they would come out effed up. The only thing i recommend is if your going to buy the turtle wax kit, get plastX too...the headlight polish they give you sucks.
Cool. I have the PlastX on hand just looking for the time and a buddy with a buffer!

Overhauling coilovers... going with blue w/ metallic flakes (springs) gonna be
Old 07-11-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I painted my coilovers john deere green, they look brand new now and the colour is much nicer than tein green to be honest. I'm glad I didn't waste money on a custom tinted spray can.
Nice.
Can't wait for the pics. I have one of mine. It is a nice green.
Old 07-11-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

Does it feel more like a tractor now? heheh
Old 07-11-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maxtierney
Nice.
Can't wait for the pics. I have one of mine. It is a nice green.
That makes me wanna clean the **** out of then slap a coat of paint on my coilovers.. Find a nice light metallic green and spray them down with that, then a coat or two of DupliColor's clear engine enamel to protect the paint
Old 07-11-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Impulse bought an Alpine iDA-X100 for $180... New it cost $399. Plus the dude had it on a 05 civic so he had the wiring harness with soldered connections. Perfect swap in! All manuals and original receipt for $463 included.

Now I have my Pioneer DEH-P3100UB sitting in my room... It WAS waiting to get installed, now I don't know what to do with it! Also have a radio wiring harness I ordered off ebay with it too..
Old 07-11-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

here ya go:

REGULAR

Name:  IMG00247-20110711-2143.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  28.9 KB

BRAKES

Name:  IMG00248-20110711-2143.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  36.3 KB

REVERSE

Name:  IMG00249-20110711-2143.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  38.4 KB
Old 07-12-2011
Registered!!

civx is an unknown quantity at this point

just installed rear strut bar

oh yeah and DC5R momo wheel!!

Last edited by civx; 07-12-2011 at 10:58 AM. Reason: bad code
Old 07-12-2011
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

got an alignment today now my car is ready for the trip down to nashville for IA
Old 07-12-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i finally put on my VIS hood its been in my closest for a year lol. now i just need to install my hood pins.
Old 07-12-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Lol lowlife.. I'm glad I'm not the only one who lets parts sit in a closet for a year before installing them
Old 07-12-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Old 07-12-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^if you insist

took everything off today.

Name:  61e48f8f.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  162.0 KB

Name:  32fe8592.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  173.5 KB

Name:  0e5cde41.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  123.8 KB

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?