General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

did you take a pic of the shredded paper? we wanna see

Sooo, you opened the windows and drove at 70MPH to empty the car?
Old 06-18-2011
02 coupe DX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SilkyCivic
Who started this thread? LOL i didn't think it would get this popular...I swapped paint with an Audi at the Gym parking lot.. FML. should be an easy fix. Also installed cold air intake and came out to find that my coworkers had emptied an entire bag of shredded paper throughout my car. Not a good month... ragemode.gif lol

I would probably kill them. make them pick every piece out of this teeth.

PS- removed front mud flaps today (do not have rear ones)
Old 06-18-2011
Registered!!

rrroland13 is an unknown quantity at this point

changed all interior lights, trunk and rear license plate into led bulbs.. I'm scared of the dark.. lol. I just wanted everything to be brighter!!
Old 06-19-2011
Foh Doh!

CivicStan is an unknown quantity at this point

well what i'm GOING to do is clean it out and take it to the car wash..i saw another 2001 civic LX that looked cleaner then mine..i got jealous...
Old 06-19-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Had a little fun today and hit about 7 grand from 2nd-4th. Felt and sounded pretty nice. Gotta treat yourself every once in a while.
Old 06-19-2011
Registered!!

CGaud is an unknown quantity at this point

Went on vacay with my vic. Bugs splatted against the windshield for the entire 6 hr drive. Vegas weather was hot so now it's all baked on! Felt bad so I went on a shopping spree and got the vic some coilovers (BuddyClubN+). Can't wait for them to get here!
Old 06-19-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

changed my trans fluid and tried out some new ramps instead of a jack. turned out to be a bad idea and i bottomed out the bumper coming back down lol. also changed oil on the other car using the ramps and it worked out well other than my oil filter wrench shrinking. went out and got an adjustable one that works for both filters. im glad i only have to do this every 10k miles. what a hassle lol.

going out to wash the car soon when the sun goes away
Old 06-22-2011
Registered!!

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
chozobody is an unknown quantity at this point

I put on my (new to me) Konig rims. Got them off craigslist with 10/32" 94w tires for 300. Only minor curb rash. These will work fine until I powder coat them in a few weeks.
Old 06-22-2011
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

put on my new grill and resealed my leaky headlight
Old 06-22-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

It seems like you all have so much time to work on your car lol, i can't even find time to paint my eyebrows xD
Old 06-22-2011
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

Washed and waxed it
Old 06-22-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MelJ
Had a little fun today and hit about 7 grand from 2nd-4th. Felt and sounded pretty nice. Gotta treat yourself every once in a while.
You need to treat yourself a little more often. Drive it like you stole it!

I bump the rev limiter every time I get on the freeway, waiting on the metering light. Kinda have to do that in SOCAL to merge into 75-80mph traffic to get past all the SUVs and Prius Commandos.
Old 06-22-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Got my Xpel Headlamp Film installed at SD Tint (I know, there isn't a lot of love for headlight film, but I don't garage my car. It's exposed to the elements 24/7. Doesn't help that I wash my car, maybe, once a year. My car never sees wax or polish either, so I had to do something to protect the lights from hazing. Don't get me wrong, I do rinse it off once a week with a hose and my interior is immaculate, but I believe cars are meant to be driven, not trailer queened and coddled.). Just waiting for the alcohol/water application haze to clear in a few days.
Old 06-23-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maxtierney
I bump the rev limiter every time I get on the freeway, waiting on the metering light. Kinda have to do that in SOCAL to merge into 75-80mph traffic to get past all the SUVs and Prius Commandos.
You can get past prius's?

I usually throw angry fists at them passing me in the carpool lane
like:
"STUPID PRIUS AND YOUR STUPID FREE CARPOOL STICKER"
Old 06-23-2011
02 coupe DX

New sway links today! check the build thread :P
Old 06-23-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Buddy drove it to Vermont and back today. She hit 141k and I didn't get to see it.

Last edited by MelJ; 06-23-2011 at 07:29 AM. Reason: whoops!
Old 06-25-2011
Registered!!

produo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Washed my tires/rims today.
Old 06-25-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't do nothing to my civic today. The agenda for tommorow, nothing =)
Old 06-25-2011
Trance Addict

^Haha. Word. I feel ya on that. I got all my stuff for next week ready....except my bumper clips which I forgot to purchase. This 4th of July weekend I'm getting my hands dirty. It's been a while.

Originally Posted by maxtierney
You need to treat yourself a little more often. Drive it like you stole it!

I know, dude. I know . There aren't many places I get to open it up during my commute though. Plus the cops around here are looking for a reason to get you this time of year. I need to take it back to that mountain I went to last year. I can seriously say that that was the best driving experience I've ever had.
Old 06-26-2011
02 coupe DX

wish we had mountains around here...
Old 06-26-2011
Trance Addict

Old 06-26-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

just fired it up the first time after all the work.
forgot to tighten the throttle cable and it threw a P1259 code in the meantime... tightened, re-checked the work, waiting for it to cool to see the oil level and then out again to test the car.
Old 06-26-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Forgot to mention it here before, but on thursday I gave my car to my mech for an oil change and timing belt. We figured as long as we're in there we might as well do all the belts (timing, alternator, power steering) and an atf change. Also bought a set of 6th gen SiR rims off his son that he painted bronze. Should be getting it back tomorrow
Old 06-26-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

^ where is the stage1 in the list?!?
Old 06-26-2011

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
^ where is the stage1 in the list?!?
I WISH! But i have an LX and can't afford an ex head swap </3 Not to mention an auto tranny :'(
Old 06-26-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

ouch! pardonned
Old 06-26-2011

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
ouch! pardonned
If my next car is a manual EX Em2, then a Stage 1 is a definite mod lol. A man can dream lol. I noticed your other post in the Stage 1 thread. Are you enjoying it?
Old 06-26-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by Shift-E
If my next car is a manual EX Em2, then a Stage 1 is a definite mod lol. A man can dream lol. I noticed your other post in the Stage 1 thread. Are you enjoying it?
Huhn, like said, i have the miata, which overpowers the vic, but the gains are really the most i ever had in the vic, so i think it is worth the price, and revs much better (in gear, not neutral )
Old 06-26-2011
02 coupe DX

Originally Posted by Shift-E
Forgot to mention it here before, but on thursday I gave my car to my mech for an oil change and timing belt. We figured as long as we're in there we might as well do all the belts (timing, alternator, power steering) and an atf change. Also bought a set of 6th gen SiR rims off his son that he painted bronze. Should be getting it back tomorrow
you KNOW I wanna see those rims... in person after i get my suspension in?
Old 06-26-2011

Originally Posted by Lopes101
you KNOW I wanna see those rims... in person after i get my suspension in?
Will do I didn't feel my car was worthy of taking to meets till i got rid of those steelies lol

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?