General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Painted and put on eyebrows today

AfterEyebrows-Night.jpg?t=1309155999
Old 06-27-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Nice. =o)
Old 06-27-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice...
Old 06-27-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Ooo nice eyebrows. I can't find any for 04-05 headlights.

Today I cleaned the inside of the car. The passenger window was greasy from the steam of some pizzas i picked up about a month ago. Nasty stuff. It was so bad that it was like looking through an aquarium when looking out the passenger side... everything was distorted and fuzzy. Also cleaned up some sticky coke left in the cup holder and armor all'd the dash. There was a crap load of dust. Hadn't cleaned the inside for about 4 months. Feels great sitting in a spotless car now
Old 06-27-2011
Registered!!

marccayen is an unknown quantity at this point

Gutted the trunk of all upholsery and spare tire etc to find a mysterious leak. I have a feeling its coming from some bad sealer against the middle back of the trunk (Kinda were the hitch would sit if i had one)
Old 06-27-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

knock sensor came loose...waiting engine to cool down to get under and tighten it...
reminds me to not to tighten stuff like a chicken would...
Old 06-27-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

PICKED IT UP FROM THE MECHANIC!! Oh how I missed it so.

Here's a pic of what it looked like when I turned the corner into my mechanics plaza:

Name:  Civicnewrims1.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  102.6 KB

More pics and info in my build thread! (See Sig)

Last edited by Shift-E; 06-27-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-27-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks good

Did nothing to my car for the past 3 days, didn't even drive it
Did plug it into the battery maintainer today though...
Old 06-27-2011
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

washed the civic and put in my ep3 steering wheel
Old 06-27-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

you guys are all awesome, those eye brows look great. I drove my civic today and starred at it for about 30 minutes around 2 oclock.
Old 06-27-2011
Real McCoy Tattoo

kwiks93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Started on the body work, getting the few very small rust spots coated with Por-15. Also installed F-1 aluminum pedals.
Old 06-27-2011
Registered!!

2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about

changed spark plugs with nkg ix first time so im a little bit proud, she sounds way better at idle <3 hahaha
Old 06-27-2011
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

Came very very close to totaling it haha
Old 06-28-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rjones7755
Came very very close to totaling it haha
live life in the fast lane, atta be.
Old 06-28-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Locked myself out of my car today

I really have to invest in a spare key ... the guy was really nice about it and $60 was half of the $110 i had to pay last time, yeah the guy told me it would cost $40 to open +$5 service charge which could increase depending on your car. Thinking that i wouldn't be paying more than $5 extra because i had a civic and not a mercedes i went with them, after doing the work the guy tells me it'll cost $70 ontop of the already $40 to open it because our civic are "special".

Oh and i took this: (My friends 6th gen besid me, eyebrows look so nice!).

Ottawa-20110627-00009.jpg?t=1309292866
Old 06-28-2011

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
Locked myself out of my car today
You're actually retarded lol. This is like the 3rd time isn't it?
Old 06-28-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the guy was referring to the civic when he said "special"
-hint hint nudge nudge-
Old 06-28-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Still want to paint my drums but mine are rusted to hell and taking a wire brush would take forever and a lot of elbow grease to get it all off. Anyone know of a rust spray that can get it off a lot faster?

Either that or I buy another set of new unpainted drums for $80. I bought the paint already, glossy black.

Was tempted to go dark red but friend said not too and itd look dumb and too hideous.
Old 06-28-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Shift-E
You're actually retarded lol. This is like the 3rd time isn't it?
2nd actually, and it never would have happened if i wasn't so lazy and fixed mhy driver side actuator i guess i got to up that on my list to make sure this doesn't happen again lol

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
I don't think the guy was referring to the civic when he said "special"
-hint hint nudge nudge-
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 06-28-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I broke a wheel stud on my civic today lol
Old 06-28-2011
EM2ti

maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Bummer. Hope it was due to high Gs on a curve. ARP studs, a torque wrench and anti-seize, this should never happen again. Went through three OEM sets before I learned my lesson.
Old 06-29-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie
Still want to paint my drums but mine are rusted to hell and taking a wire brush would take forever and a lot of elbow grease to get it all off. Anyone know of a rust spray that can get it off a lot faster?

Either that or I buy another set of new unpainted drums for $80. I bought the paint already, glossy black.

Was tempted to go dark red but friend said not too and itd look dumb and too hideous.
There's this aerosol spray, I forgot what it's called, converts rust to primer
Old 06-29-2011

There's this aerosol spray, I forgot what it's called, converts rust to primer
I think you're referring to witchcraft and black magic
Old 06-29-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Originally Posted by Shift-E
I think you're referring to witchcraft and black magic
I think you meant "Alchemy" haha XD

It's called One Step by Mar Hyde, rust converter spray
Old 06-29-2011

I think you meant "Alchemy" haha XD

It's called One Step by Mar Hyde, rust converter spray
Whatever you say Harry Potter....
Old 06-29-2011
Registered!!

jameslinkinpark will become famous soon enoughjameslinkinpark will become famous soon enough

I got her 4 new tires and an alignment to fix her shaking steering wheel and bumpy ride....old tires were destroyed from the roads around here.. nice to finally have a smooth ride.
Old 06-30-2011
Registered!!

civx is an unknown quantity at this point

just installed neuspeed front strut bar!
Old 06-30-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MindBomber
so the temp fix was actually really temp fix?

myself, i got a new overflow tank cap... they have a tendency to make the disappearing act... "disparato"!
Old 06-30-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

^It was definitely a temp fix, I repaired the threads enough to thread a lug nut on and that's about it. I meant to replace shortly after the repair but I got lazy, I learned my lesson, driving home on two wheel studs was scary..

Max, I'm replacing them with oem studs for now because they didn't have arp in stock anywhere near where I live and I have no spare vehicle. I have a full set of arps in the mail though. Replacing these things suck..
Old 06-30-2011
EM2ti

MindBomber - Sucks, for sure. Are you going to cheat with the OEMs (grind a side off), then do it right with the ARPs? Pulling the hub once is bad enough, but to do it twice, back to back? You've got more patience (fill in the appropriate adjective here) than I would.

Picked up a set of 215/35-19 Yokohama Parada Spec 2s - a few months earlier than I thought I would have to. I was talking to a buddy about new tires, because I could feel it squirm around more than usual on take-offs and vibrate more than a compartment of female sailors on a 8-month deployment, while cruising on the freeway. Finally got enough guts to actually look at my tires today to survey the sad state of my tires. I really shouldn't have. Ignorance is bliss. I am running on the inside steel belts. Damn Camber!

Damage wasn't too bad, thankfully. $99 a pop, from Tire Rack. $455 total, shipped from Reno, NV. Hopefully I can make it till Tuesday. Of course, it had to be a long weekend/Independence Day on Monday.

Anyone ever run the Spec 2s? Had a choice between these, Direzza DZ101s and Falken 452s. The Dunlops and Falkens were $580 OTD, at my local Discount Tire. Good thing I can mount my own tires for free on the military base.

Last edited by maxtierney; 06-30-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?