Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Day 4 of Install (pg 7)- Speedfoos' Turbo Install

Thanks Travis, like I said - this is fun! And for the record. I am not painting anything on my car purple. Nothing.

Had to order some more stuff tonight. A 45 degree silicone bend for that problem pipe, a 3" to 2.5" reducer for my intake pipe and some more clamps. Add another $40 to the total!
Old 08-06-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

looks good bro! cant wait to see the final!
Old 08-06-2007
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Day 2 of Install (pg 5)- Speedfoos' Turbo Install

Originally Posted by speedfoos
xRiceboyx, if you think I'm doing this again on purpose, you're crazy! Or, well, maybe you've figured out that I'm Honda a nut and love working on these cars! Or maybe I really like beer......
i just figured since you're military (and a warrant at that) you could catch a cheap *** MAC flight out and stay at the $10 a night accomodations at this navy base

lookin good tho can't wait to see the finished product
Old 08-06-2007

Woohoo! Just picked up some SRT-4 injectors (all four) on Ebay for $47 shipped! Gotta love it when people don't know what they have! OK, gotta go to bed now. I gots faucets big enough to fuel more boost than 5 psi now!
Old 08-06-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Yep, thats how I made my intercooler piping fit. Cut bend test. Cut bend test. cut bend test!!!! Keep going you'll get it. You're piping looks alittle bit better than mine tho!! PS. How did you get that intercooler mounted foos? I have two huge bolts right through the bumper support. You don;t look like you have any???

oh & incase your wondering the bottom radiator hose I put under the bottom intercooler piping. When I put it over the top it squished it too much. Works fine under the piping, no cooling probelms!!

Watch the intercooler mounting taps too. They crack easy!!!

Last edited by FoSho; 08-06-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-07-2007

I put two holes in the intercooler tabs and mounted them on the bottom on the bumper, where it curves up before the hollow portion in back. I'll post some pics when I get home tonight. I haven't rechecked my radiator hoses, better do that tonight too...
Old 08-07-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

i started my project yesterday. pulled the motor, installed my new flutch and clywheel. and swapped on the vtec head. gotta pop on the manifolds, set timing and drop it back in the car, install the kpro and run some wires for vtec before im done today. good luck with your project foos.
Old 08-07-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

I am just ready to tune the car.
Old 08-07-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

looks good foos, i always enjoy your update..
Old 08-07-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

ull get it eventually. looks good tho.. that IC is lookin super sleeperish..and i duno man i think that thing does have a touch of purple in it lol
Old 08-07-2007

Chris, check your PM - sorry for the length!

Ya'll are crazy. There is NO purple on this car. Period.

Good stuff on your re-build Edwin, what clutch and FW setup to you end up going with?

Tonight is test fitting. Bumper, radiator and strut bar. I've got some college courses to catch up on so minimal wrenching will be done tonight. Pics of the bumper fitment though in a bit though, since I'm curious to see how/if it all fits.
Old 08-07-2007

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

the exedy stage 1 and lighter one piece flywheel.
Old 08-07-2007

Good stuff. That's the same setup I'm running. I rike it a rot!

Finished my test fitting and whatnot. Par for the course, had to do some cuttin' again. Just on the bumper cover though. Pics after I eat dinner!
Old 08-07-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-07-2007

Re: Day 5 of Install (pg 8)- Speedfoos' Turbo Install

Buh bye.

Old 08-07-2007

lucky you, the only thing holding me back right now is a stupid hondata cam gear that was supposed to be here yesterday..
Old 08-07-2007

That sux. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow man. The only thing holding me back is time at this point. I've got more couplers en route, but those will probably arrive before I'm ready to turn the beast over. Trying to balance the Army, a family, upkeep on the house, college, and a raving addiction to Hondas is hard work!
Old 08-07-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

I KNEW that megan bar wouldnt clear...
Old 08-07-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

oh ok so you mounted it just like mine just with smaller bolts got it!!!
I got lazy I drilled two holes in the support! Mounting the intercooler was probably one of the easiest things to do!

P.S Have you figured out your oil line set up? I had a **** load of the timing using the stock pressore sensor port. None of my fittings or even the stock pressure sender would clear the intake manifold. I had to make a little 3 inch stainless steel hose then to a set of tee's for my turbo feed,stockpsi, & oil pressure gauge sensor.

I wish my camera was up & going!!! Damn girlfriend broke it!!!
Old 08-07-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

its coming along very well...when will you be finished?
Old 08-07-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Day 5

Did the test fitting tonight. And we're par for the course. Although I was hoping to avoid cutting the bumper, it had to be done. I slapped the bumper cover on there, and made it fit.

But you can see it bowing out at the bottom where the IC is hitting it. I'm glad I didn't mount it front of the bumper. 50/50 chance of screwing it up and I got it right!! Woohoo! Score one for 'foos!

I tried cutting the little fins off on the underside of the bumper cover, like this.

But it didn't work. In the end I had to cut a piece out of the bumper to clear the IC. I'm not particularly happy with it right now, but it does give me an excuse to buy a lip kit! Like I need more reasons to spend money....

Lookee here. Plastic is for suckas.

Yes I know, the cut is all ragged and crappified and its still a little bowed. I took some more plastic off after this photo and it doesn't bow out anymore. I'll clean it up later, plus the lip I end up ordering will hide it anyway.

FoSho, here's how I mounted the IC to the bumper. You're looking at the backside. This way I didn't have put those long *** bolts through the bumper to reach the other side.

Simply put, the damn thing doesnt fit. Its 9" tall, and there's 7.5 under the bumper. If you trim the bumper to make it clear, it hangs out the bottom pretty bad. Thats why I got rid of it.
Get a shorter one made.
Old 08-08-2007

Buh bye.

Old 08-08-2007
Registered!!

Ya i got my bumper on last night, had to cut the **** out of it. oh and yes the intercooler still doesn't fit, hangs out. So I put that black little rubber spoiler on & you can't see a thing You can either do that or lip kit I suppose?
Old 08-08-2007
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of

tagged, so I get updates
Old 08-08-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-08-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-08-2007
This is Myspace

Re: Day 6 of Install (pg 8)- Speedfoos' Turbo Install

nice... that block looks like crap.. what did i miss?? did u just buy that from someone or did u send it off to get something worked on it. it looks very..um used..
Old 08-08-2007

No I bought it off someone in April and it arrived today. It is used, but it will be the foundation that I'm building my stage 2 setup on.

Last edited by speedfoos; 08-08-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-08-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

hey right here,
what exactly am i seeing here, like i see the injectors but what are they attached too?? the fuel rail?? maybe, i honestly do not know, so y not ask
Old 08-08-2007

You bet Travis, that's the fuel rail. Its got a vacuum line attached to it (what the rubber hose is attached to) and of course the fuel line.

Quick Reply: Gonzo.