General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Old 04-21-2012
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Originally Posted by gearbox
im curious how the stock civics without ps do it. there is no fluid or lines that i can see so im guessing the rack is completely different. as usual i cant find the pic, but its a mostly stock civic with no ps hardware at all. it has abs, and the a/c lines are routed differently, and the master cylinder is on the passenger side. i wonder if certain models came with electric power steering. or if the hybrid EPS can be modded to our civics. then you get all the benefits of ps and no power loss from the engine.
The EP3 rack would work for a swap, here's a writeup from ClubRSX on how to wire/install it:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=606165
Old 04-21-2012
iLLeSt

jhowald93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well...........
....I washed it
Old 04-21-2012
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

wow thats a ton of work for the eps lol. prolly will skip that one for now.
Old 04-21-2012

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

If your engine is still in the car, yeah. Would definitely have to remove the intake manifold, but from there it looks pretty straightforward. I was so tempted to pick up the EPS system from the wrecked EP3 I got my seats/rear discs from, but I didn't know about the existence of this DIY at the time, which is why I didn't do it. But I know of two EP3's at wrecking yards in Portland that have the EPS system, so I can bide my time if I really want
Old 04-22-2012
Registered!!

ibanez6686 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a lot done today!!!!! I got in an accident about a month ago and got my car back from the shop on Friday so today was destined to be focused on the car. Changed my oil over to synthetic. It runs so much smoother than it did with conventional oil!!! Washed and waxed it for the first time in a month. I didn't want to wash it before it went into the shop because it would just sit there. Then I filled my tires. Very uneventful, but very satisfying at the same time
Old 04-22-2012
Registered!!

paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ibanez6686
Got a lot done today!!!!! I got in an accident about a month ago and got my car back from the shop on Friday so today was destined to be focused on the car. Changed my oil over to synthetic. It runs so much smoother than it did with conventional oil!!! Washed and waxed it for the first time in a month. I didn't want to wash it before it went into the shop because it would just sit there. Then I filled my tires. Very uneventful, but very satisfying at the same time
sometimes just washing her feels as good as putting an exhaust on or new wheels
Old 04-22-2012
Registered!!

n8marsh is an unknown quantity at this point

Workin on a trunk makeover. I wanna set up some dividers or something. I use my car like a car and spirited driving tends to send groceries and cargo all over the place.

My next idea is some d-rings and bungees. Any other ideas? I want to be able to accommodate different cargo but at the same time want nothing taking up space if I need the whole trunk.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(1).jpg
Views:	84
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	83177  
Old 04-22-2012

Just got done giving my car a full wash and interior detail...Haven't seen it look this good in ages! Finally a nice weekend in Portland, 75 degrees yesterday and almost 80 today. Gotta enjoy it, because it sure as **** won't last
Old 04-22-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by n8marsh
Workin on a trunk makeover. I wanna set up some dividers or something. I use my car like a car and spirited driving tends to send groceries and cargo all over the place.

My next idea is some d-rings and bungees. Any other ideas? I want to be able to accommodate different cargo but at the same time want nothing taking up space if I need the whole trunk.
galapogos green FTW!
Old 04-23-2012
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
If your engine is still in the car, yeah. Would definitely have to remove the intake manifold, but from there it looks pretty straightforward. I was so tempted to pick up the EPS system from the wrecked EP3 I got my seats/rear discs from, but I didn't know about the existence of this DIY at the time, which is why I didn't do it. But I know of two EP3's at wrecking yards in Portland that have the EPS system, so I can bide my time if I really want
Thought about EPS, but the feel is artificial. Worse than hydraulic.
Originally Posted by n8marsh

I used a zippered container from IKEA, the kind that fits under a bed. Perfect fit. Used various sized drawer organizer containers to hold my tools, fluids, etc. All black nylon material. Looks OEM. Everything costs less than $40.
Old 04-23-2012
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

trying to finish up this led brake retro i started a while back. did the tails but just now getting around to the middle 3rd brake. i carved out the trunk metal so i could remove the lamp from the bottom without taking out the deck lid lol. should be done in a few days since i had to ruin the used housing for test fitting. i get a new one tomorrow i get to cut up for the final model. this one uses the same 5w ELEF red led bulb as the tail brakes for a perfect match.

Name:  elef3rdbrake1.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  93.3 KB

Name:  elef3rdbrake2.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  80.7 KB
Old 04-23-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Went back and painted my brakes again with a glossier black like I said I would but this time it didn't turn out so well. Even with fine sanding and several coats of primer underneath, the glossier paint looks awfully pitted and slimey...
So I said screw it, I'm savin' for a disc conversion and some Brembos.
Old 04-23-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
Went back and painted my brakes again with a glossier black like I said I would but this time it didn't turn out so well. Even with fine sanding and several coats of primer underneath, the glossier paint looks awfully pitted and slimey...
So I said screw it, I'm savin' for a disc conversion and some Brembos.
Go for it. There's a full brake and suspension Type-R conversion for sale on CRSX right now for $850. I've seen those deals come up a few times, it's a great mod.
Old 04-24-2012

krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Go for it. There's a full brake and suspension Type-R conversion for sale on CRSX right now for $850. I've seen those deals come up a few times, it's a great mod.
I wish I had the money to blow right now, but I just ordered my coilovers today, haha
Old 04-24-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I wish I had the money to blow right now, but I just ordered my coilovers today, haha
My advice to you, sign up for 5-10 credit cards all at the same time, then max them all out on car parts.

You need to do it all at the same time and max them out right away, because your credit rating will be about 100 once the credit bureau receives reports from all the different companies.

Old 04-24-2012

My advice to you, sign up for 5-10 credit cards all at the same time, then max them all out on car parts.

You need to do it all at the same time and max them out right away, because your credit rating will be about 100 once the credit bureau receives reports from all the different companies.

Well...yeah, but then I'll be expected to pay that back somehow
Anyways, do you have a link to that sale? That sounds like a legit deal. Maybe I can put coilovers aside and look into the conversion instead.
Old 04-24-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

It includes the Type-R shocks and springs, so it'll lower the car a bit.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=820377

Don't forget, you still need base hubs up front and 5 lug wheels.

My current plans are Brembo 5 lug and prelude SH wheels. Very close to stock look, but awesome performance.
Old 04-24-2012

Truthfully though, my parents would KILL me if I bought that, lol
Old 04-24-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Tell them you ordered caliper covers off ebay, but the seller made a mistake and sent you the real thing!

[autostream]http://autostream.com/ibcivicforums/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=1235& transactionid=1335247383-706922596&posted_by=MindBomber_www.civicforums.com &youtube_video_id=MIuyRKhGPqw[/autostream]
Old 04-24-2012
Premium Member

its a safety item. they want you to be safer while driving right?? that brembo setup is ****
Old 04-24-2012
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Tell them you ordered caliper covers off ebay, but the seller made a mistake and sent you the real thing!

[autostream]http://autostream.com/ibcivicforums/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=1235& transactionid=1335247383-706922596&posted_by=MindBomber_www.civicforums.com &youtube_video_id=MIuyRKhGPqw[/autostream]
ROFL
Old 04-24-2012
Custom User Title

torenxw is an unknown quantity at this point

Today, I tried to buff out my hood. "Tried" being the keyword. After hours with TR-3 and a buffer, it seems all I've managed to accomplish is getting a sunburn. The hood appeared to be a lot better until it started raining, which TR-3 to drip down my hood. Any clue how much it might cost to have this done by a professional? I'm tired of the oxidization.

Last edited by torenxw; 04-24-2012 at 03:39 AM.
Old 04-24-2012
Premium Member

what did you use? you need at least something like meguiars ultimate compound. but if the clear is peeling, nothing will fix short of a strip and repaint.
Old 04-24-2012
Custom User Title

torenxw is an unknown quantity at this point

I used TR-3. It's what the people at O'Reilly's suggested to me. It did seem to be making progress until it rained a few hours later and everything started dripping down my car. I'm hoping the car wash will wipe off the excess stuff (since I apparently couldn't) and that my car will look nice and pretty, but we'll see. I'll probably end up taking it to a professional though.
Old 04-25-2012
CO&CA

TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough

Put in my Revo V2 Short Shifter last night and it makes my 04 EX SO MUCH more fun to drive. shortened it up quite a bit and is very stiff. I used the Aluminum washers to prevent the bushings from wearing out. Very worth while mod and after all the research am glad I went this route.

Today I am putting in my Neuspeed front upper strut bar after waiting 5 weeks with it on back order. cant wait to get out of work!!!!!

She needs a wash and a wax.... depending on the weather this weekend.... I know what I could be doing! Only thing is If I do the Civic .... she will make me do her Lexus
Old 04-25-2012

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

I finished polishing my Civic today....by hand...took 3 weeks...never do that again!
Old 04-25-2012
Registered!!

HateOnEveryone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TFMEX
Put in my Revo V2 Short Shifter last night and it makes my 04 EX SO MUCH more fun to drive. shortened it up quite a bit and is very stiff. I used the Aluminum washers to prevent the bushings from wearing out. Very worth while mod and after all the research am glad I went this route.

Today I am putting in my Neuspeed front upper strut bar after waiting 5 weeks with it on back order. cant wait to get out of work!!!!!

She needs a wash and a wax.... depending on the weather this weekend.... I know what I could be doing! Only thing is If I do the Civic .... she will make me do her Lexus
Ye I love my revo2 it losens up a bit tho dont stay as stil after a while
Old 04-25-2012

Tried the mythical hair-dryer / air duster technique to pop some door dings and hail dents in my car and amazingly... it works! It done't work on creases however, but it did pop the little craters back to original!
Old 04-25-2012
Registered!!

Tried the mythical hair-dryer / air duster technique to pop some door dings and hail dents in my car and amazingly... it works! It done't work on creases however, but it did pop the little craters back to original!
doesnt work on paintball dents though -.- i have a few on the drivers side not that noticeable but when the sun hits it just right i wanna cry lol
Old 04-25-2012
Premium Member

not on hail either lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?