Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My EM2 - EX SE Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PearlVic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My EM2 - EX SE Build

that is the whole thing... me and my girlfriend just had our 2 year anniversary... you know of dating not married yet or nothing, but yeah, one she doesnt like me doing stuff to my car.. and 2, even though she has a job.. i still pay for everything, plus my cell phone bill, car insurance, gas, and food lol, that aint cheap, i make $400 every two weeks haha, MINIMUM WAGE, NOT ftw..
Old 04-18-2012
Registered!!

hey man i got my new catback system on... to be cheap ebay.. its the best sounding ive heard, guess cause its 3 inches.. but you said yours was loud, we have the exact same catback but mine is just a half-inch bigger in diameter and what i took of my car was WAY louder surprisingly lol, just thought id let you know
Old 04-18-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PearlVic
hey man i got my new catback system on... to be cheap ebay.. its the best sounding ive heard, guess cause its 3 inches.. but you said yours was loud, we have the exact same catback but mine is just a half-inch bigger in diameter and what i took of my car was WAY louder surprisingly lol, just thought id let you know
Loud compared to most cars I'd say. You're custom shop system is definitely gonna be more brutal. So how do you like the new exhaust? I think it's pretty good for the price. A bit droney sounding, but not at all bad.
Old 04-18-2012
Registered!!

i love it... lol sadly embarasses shops exhaust considering that guy knows how to make a car sound good, but idt he is too good with civics.. and mine doesnt sound really droney, its deep, and actually sounds powerful when i get into hard even though im not going very fast haha
Old 04-18-2012

krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

I think part of my droning problem is thanks to the 4 speed auto that has a mind of its own. Going up hills with no torque in the wrong gear is bit irritating...haha... but otherwise I love it! Hopefully it will last!
Old 04-18-2012
Registered!!

that is most def your problem lol, my tacoma was auto, if it wouldve been manual, dear god i wouldve loved to hear that truck EVERYDAY lol
but my car instead of just hearing it, i LOVE driving a manual, even though the d17 is hella slow lol
Old 04-30-2012

Some new goodies waiting to be installed...
Have yet to put in OEM fogs, new front lip, and TEIN Street Basis coilovers.
I will post an intital review for the TEINs after the installation.

Also added Megan header and Mugen oil cap to the Wanted List.
Old 04-30-2012
Registered!!

paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point

omg i cant wait for your review lol im pumped about getting a good brand thats cheap im probably getting mine end of summerish
Old 04-30-2012
CO&CA

TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough

put those things in already! I wanna see !!!!!.... FYI it took me a full day to install my coil overs. Install was EASY.... getting the preload and height was the time consuming part. Here I have 2 months later and I FINALLY finished and got it where I wanted. My drop ended up being 2.75 in the rear and 3.25ish in the front.
Old 04-30-2012

Originally Posted by TFMEX
put those things in already! I wanna see !!!!!.... FYI it took me a full day to install my coil overs. Install was EASY.... getting the preload and height was the time consuming part. Here I have 2 months later and I FINALLY finished and got it where I wanted. My drop ended up being 2.75 in the rear and 3.25ish in the front.
I wish I could get them in now... there's a car show coming up in 2 weeks and I don't want to enter it at stock ride height It might take 2 weeks before I can get a weekend off from work.
Old 04-30-2012
Slow and Low

05EXSE is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you get a rear camber kit? Save yourself the pain of doing it wrong the first time and get them before you go for the install on the Teins. Congrats on them btw. My D2s are satisfactory after owning them for a month, but wishing i paid the extra buck!
Old 04-30-2012
2008 Civic Coupe EX-L

Ryan EXL is an unknown quantity at this point

Very clean, looks very good!
Old 05-01-2012

Originally Posted by 05EXSE
Did you get a rear camber kit? Save yourself the pain of doing it wrong the first time and get them before you go for the install on the Teins. Congrats on them btw. My D2s are satisfactory after owning them for a month, but wishing i paid the extra buck!
Yep, I got an Ingalls rear camber kit for only $60, slightly used thanks to mindbomber finding me a great deal on the RSX forums.

@Ryan EXL - Thanks! It's still a very early work in progress though...
Old 05-01-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
Yep, I got an Ingalls rear camber kit for only $60, slightly used thanks to mindbomber finding me a great deal on the RSX forums.

@Ryan EXL - Thanks! It's still a very early work in progress though...

Glad I could help.
Old 05-01-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

not diggin those rims K, but each to his own. maybe they'll look better when you lower it.
Old 05-01-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

but i am bias, because i effing LOVEEEEEEEEE you SE rims... if u lived any closer, id steal them from you... true story
Old 05-01-2012

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
not diggin those rims K, but each to his own. maybe they'll look better when you lower it.
Lowering will definitely help the appearance and some better photography couldn't hurt. The quick snapshots don't do it justice...not at all...
And I love the SE rims too... just a bit small for my tastes. I will definitely try them again when I lower it to see if I like them better.
Old 05-02-2012
Registered!!

whats a good camber kit for kit for cheap? not to create camber but to correct it so wheels are vertical.... by the way i dont completely understand camber kits i have 0 experience with lowering so any help is appreciated
Old 05-02-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulymcd7
whats a good camber kit for kit for cheap? not to create camber but to correct it so wheels are vertical.... by the way i dont completely understand camber kits i have 0 experience with lowering so any help is appreciated
A good, but cheap, camber kit would be Megan or Wicked Tuning for around $115. The budget camber kits have a lower adjustment range, but they're sufficient for the average user and are aluminium so they won't corrode. Camber kits like SPC and Ingalls have about double the adjustment range as the less expensive models, but they're up around $175 and if you'll never need the additional adjustment there's really no reason to choose one at that price point. If you're a serious suspension *****, J's racing makes a camber kit we can use for $450, but even Max and I can't justify spending that
Old 05-02-2012

If I hadn't of gotten a good deal on Ingalls, I would've gotten thw Wicked Tuning kit or the Megan Racing one. The Wicked is rather new so it's a bit harder to find. I found a good price on Amazon.com for those if you're interested.
http://www.amazon.com/Wicked-Honda-C...8&sr=8-3-fkmr2
Keep in mind that the Megan does not have brackets to mount the ABS brake lines so you'll have to wire-tie them to the camber arm.
A quick explanation for ya: rear camber kits replace the top suspension arms. They are made of two opposite threaded bolts that extend or contract when you turn the adjustment nut. Changing the length of the arm alters the angle of your hub assembly. As for front camber kits, I'm not positive how they work, but I know on our cars it's just a few bolts. It's not really necessary for a mild drop either.

And UPDATE:
Will be installing my coilovers on May 18th!
Yeah.. I know... that's as soon as I could get a day off work...

Last edited by krudmuphin; 05-02-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-02-2012
Registered!!

awesome thanks it wont always be slammed i'll only slam it for meets and such in that case will i have to adjust the camber arms each time i adjust the coils?
Old 05-02-2012

awesome thanks it wont always be slammed i'll only slam it for meets and such in that case will i have to adjust the camber arms each time i adjust the coils?
Not necessarily, but if you slam it every time you go to a show, your gonna throw your suspension out of alignment. Unless you're willing to pay $80 for an alignment every time you make a big change, then you'd be better off dropping it really low in the first place.

Last edited by krudmuphin; 05-03-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-02-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Not necessarily, but if you slam it every time you go to a show, your gonna throw your suspension out of alignment. Unless your willing to pay $80 for an alignment every time you make a big change, then you'd be better off dropping it really low in the first place.
Correct. Some places offer lifetime alignment packages, so if you could find one of them routine height changes wouldn't break the bank.
Old 05-03-2012
Registered!!

right forgot about the alignment lol
Old 05-08-2012

Took a good last pic of my car before lowering it. Just for the memories or riding high~~~

Old 05-11-2012

Hey guys, quick question!
I'm wondering what performance part to buy next...
I've narrowed it down to two things:

Megan Racing 4-1 Header
or
DC5 Rear Sway bar

Which one should I do next? both are about the same price.
Old 05-11-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Easy, the swaybar.

Megan header achieves no real performance gains, but swaybar makes a big difference.
Old 05-11-2012

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Easy, the swaybar.

Megan header achieves no real performance gains, but swaybar makes a big difference.
Thanks man! I found an '06 Type S part out and the guy's willing to give me a rear sway assembly for $75
Old 05-11-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Old 05-11-2012
CO&CA

TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough

Thanks man! I found an '06 Type S part out and the guy's willing to give me a rear sway assembly for $75
I noticed a huge difference with mine and the front upper strut bar. Urethane bushings made a big difference too. I got lucky and got mine for 35$ from a salvage yard.

very good upgrade

Quick Reply: My EM2 - EX SE Build