Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Problems with new instrument cluster

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sgt snazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Problems with new instrument cluster

Today I installed a new instrument cluster for my '97 CX Hatchback, I was looking for a cluster with a tachometer. The old cluster's speedometer wasn't working so I assumed it was either the speed sensor or the speedometer itself. The good news is I now have a working tachometer, the bad news is my speedo still isn't working and now my blinkers don't either! I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I also installed a new windshield wiper switch (as the previous owner broke off the stalk). I'm trying to troubleshoot the problem with the speedometer right now. As for the blinkers I have no idea.
Old 06-03-2018
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
99stockcivic will become famous soon enough
Re: Problems with new instrument cluster

Originally Posted by sgt snazzy
Today I installed a new instrument cluster for my '97 CX Hatchback, I was looking for a cluster with a tachometer. The old cluster's speedometer wasn't working so I assumed it was either the speed sensor or the speedometer itself. The good news is I now have a working tachometer, the bad news is my speedo still isn't working and now my blinkers don't either! I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I also installed a new windshield wiper switch (as the previous owner broke off the stalk). I'm trying to troubleshoot the problem with the speedometer right now. As for the blinkers I have no idea.

Any way you could have just not put the connectors back in tightly? Speedometer, if it's not the plug, can you check the codes and see if there is anything, because I would think a speed sensor would be my guess on that one, and it needs to be replaced. The blinkers make me think you should check the flasher relay.

This is to replace the speed sensor