Caliper Painting Party

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004
Ask me about your mom.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
ToFast: kewl, sounds good, you can help as well.

but, Pharoh warned you hehehe

--

So I think the turbo will be shipped out today or tomorrow morning. It'll be a while before it gets into my hands, cuz I had to ship it to a friend in NY.

I only have the turbo, and an uppipe/downpipe. I'll be collecting the parts over the next few months. My main concern is the fuel management system. If I figure that out, I'm golden.

for the intercooler, I'm going to buy a 19x9x2.75" front mount. I'll just fabricate all the piping myself, with the exception of the turbo manifold. that I'll try to buy.

how much the did the turbo + uppipe + downpipe end up costing me? $230 CAD. Pretty sweet considering it has the flanges ready for easy installation
Old 02-25-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
^^sounds like a sweet deal!!!
what size turbo did u get? Also im pretty sure u can buy the sf turbo manifold, or the kms one which is log style!

okay guys and gals we need to get a date rollin'!!! I can feel the warmth comming, and we best be ready!!
so this question is for anyone who is gunn install something. When will all the parts and such be ready to install? Like what is the earliest we can have it.
Pharoh:so can we forshure use ur dads place?
Old 02-25-2004
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Big Baller L

Pharoh:so can we forshure use ur dads place?
Gonna ask him. I don't think he would mind at all. Just as long as he's not out of town or anything. He'd probably get a kick out of it.
Old 02-25-2004
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough
Sweet! I say some time around the last week of April, I'll have all the stuff by then, and I'm sure everyone will as well. The same day we would do the installs, I could goto Frisby after and get the rims thrown on and get the alignment done.

man I can't wait!!!
Old 02-25-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
last week of april!!! REALLY!!!
i guess maybe i was a bit to optimistic....i was thinking like beginning of april, end of march!!
Im so excited i cant even contain myself...i really wanna get my lip kit on!!
well what does everyone else think....im feelin early april, but maybe thats to soon!?
Old 02-25-2004

^ don't you remember what happened last April (late) we got dumped on real bad... (snow) I don't wanna take that chance again, plus I need to go into Honda for an oil change mid April, and while I'm there I'll get them to check out my struts, make sure they are still ok before I put the springs on.

don't want to take any chances!

but don't hold back the install on my behalf, if we need to do it sooner, than so be it.
Old 02-25-2004

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
baller dont u go to school dood, arpil is finals. i have exams till the 28th, but i guess i can spare a day to help. but yeah anytime before that would be a bit early, i think
Old 02-26-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

dna:ur struts are fine yo....im pretty sure ud notice if there was i problem. Just check if there is any oil comming out from the top insode the engine bay...i think thats how u can check to see if they are messed.
player:yeah yeah finals!! But for me im soo excited to do this stuff...so to me if the weather is all clear and its ncie outside im gunna wanna put **** on! Remember im prolly leaving soon after exams to go visit my dad and i wanna get in as much time with the ride as possible. But i do wanna wait and do it together with you guys so i guess we will see what happens
Old 02-26-2004

Landin, you said you've never had your srtuts replaced??

Got the call from Pearl, my springs are IN and so are my locks/nuts and my silver verdict rim.

WOOOOOOOOO

about 3 more weeks of this nice warm weather and we're SET!!!!!
Old 02-26-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

^SWEET!!! congrats sucka!!! thats soo amazing!! ur luvin it!!!
nope never replaced my struts.
that would be sweet if the weather kept on going this way!!!
so when does everyone wanna have it!!! dont matter too me. We should ask mike cuz its his dads place we might be going. Okay roll call time:
Baller
Pharoh
Gohanix
DNA
Player
Tek
Skiboard
Freddy??
Too Fast/Joe???
Mani???
Array??

who else??

Last edited by Big Baller L; 02-26-2004 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-26-2004

skiboard is on a distinguished road
Guess what I picked up today~~

VIS hood, Z3 Fender, R34 Bodykit !!!
it's all in my dad's van. I didnt bother openin up box for the kit cause I am gonna have to drop it off tomorro morning in tha bodyshop
I am sooo happy lol I got so much stuff in my hand rite now,
alarm, sub, bodyparts, grill, still waiting for amp to arrive, and!! 7th gen sticker lol
I am broke as hell tho, credit card maxed out, and have to pay back ppl and stuff
damn, I cant wait to see what it looks like after all those stuff
Old 02-26-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally posted by skiboard
Guess what I picked up today~~

VIS hood, Z3 Fender, R34 Bodykit !!!
it's all in my dad's van. I didnt bother openin up box for the kit cause I am gonna have to drop it off tomorro morning in tha bodyshop
I am sooo happy lol I got so much stuff in my hand rite now,
alarm, sub, bodyparts, grill, still waiting for amp to arrive, and!! 7th gen sticker lol
I am broke as hell tho, credit card maxed out, and have to pay back ppl and stuff
damn, I cant wait to see what it looks like after all those stuff
dayum. you're gonna be busy! That's great mang...can't wait to see it.
Old 02-27-2004

updates from shop after 4hrs of perp work just on the front.
the bodykit wasnt in good shape at all
there are needs of alot of prep work and sht damn
hood looks perfect tho.
it's startin to look good~
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	civ.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	22292  

Last edited by skiboard; 02-27-2004 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-27-2004
Bobaganoosh!

What shop is this again?
Old 02-27-2004

dam that is hot
Old 02-27-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Skiboard: WOWSERS!!! THATS GONNA BE SO SICK!!!!
holy **** even in that pic it looks amazing!!! cant wait to see when everything is finished!! Wow thats gonna be rediculous!!!
I guess u can make the best out of the bad situation!!!
Old 02-27-2004

Pharoh : lol it's the shop you told me, Booth Collision center

since the quality sucks, there are alot of prep works to do.
some cracks and waves were there when I opened the pakage.
I donno what cost it's gonna come up to (I am broke broke broke)
I am just afraid that if it's expensive, I cant really pay them with out owening some money from ppl.
it's gonna take a days to just get the prep work done to paint it, and I am on my rental which I am paying for it as of now.
also my insurance is gonna go high high high up .
It's looking great, just small things that makes me worry
I will upload some more pics later.

btw, they are painting the rad. black so it wont show, is that a good idea? (Grill inserts will be left silver)
Old 02-27-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Originally posted by skiboard

btw, they are painting the rad. black so it wont show, is that a good idea? (Grill inserts will be left silver)
That should be fine.
Old 02-27-2004

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
looks awsome skiboard, I LOVE the hood!
Old 02-28-2004

car's gonna look TIGHT!
Old 02-28-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Going out to my dad's today. nothing to install but I'm gonna clean the car out while I'm there.

SRPING CLEANING Y'ALL!
Old 02-29-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

^^^ lucky!!! I need to clean my ride too, gettin a tad bit dirty!
So any updates on anyones cars?
My stuff is almost ready to hit the paint shop.
I know erik has all his stuff in, and is ready to do everything.
What about everyone else. Player werent u gonna get some springs or something?
And lets try to pick a day so we can get everything organized....so im gonna try this again

WHO IS COMMING?!
Old 02-29-2004

I am in!
Old 02-29-2004

Mike, I guess once we get the ok from your pops we'll have to set a date where everyone can make it... lets plan it soon

Tek. your gonna be able to make it I hope! We have alot of shiat to throw on that SiR!

I'm in for SHURE! we can all meet up somewhere for breakfast then drive down to Perth!
Old 02-29-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

aight so far the list is
Me
Skiboard
Pharoh
Dna
Tek
I think Gohanix wanted to come also.

who else?
Old 02-29-2004

Players mom

jokes man
Old 02-29-2004

man, enough with the mom jokes already.

i will be coming, wll probebly work on sealing my trunk, fatmat and some foam. if by the time this thing happens i have some money i might have some TYC tails.

by the way, Mike and Jim, are any of you selling yur rims (konigs, SIR) if so how much, i gotta get me something cheap and bump the winters.
Old 02-29-2004

what colour TYC tails are u looking for? I might sell mine (black) but I will have to see what it looks like with the rear bumper
Old 02-29-2004

chrome baby
Old 02-29-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

sweet...more stuff to install at the party.
Gohanix??
Lil Joe???
Too fast for me??
Array??
Freddysi??

whats the deal with you guys?

Quick Reply: Caliper Painting Party