Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Blue's Kind-a Build Thread, 5 lug EM2.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CGaud is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Blue's Kind-a Build Thread, 5 lug EM2.

Luckily for me I have both the EP3 and the DC5 e-brake cables. I started with the EP3 cables and found that they are a bit short. The driver's side EP3 cable had a different front bracket and the line was too short to get it to mount up so I just removed it (line is still fairly taught so I found no need to zip tie it). On the passenger side I found the EP3 cable about one or two inches short although every bracket lined up perfectly. I decided to try the DC5 cable on the passenger side and ended up just removing the the extra bracket that it had. The DC5 cable seemed longer than our EM2 cables but I feel like everything should work fine.

I think you're correct in saying the EL e-brake cables are the best match.

EDIT: One EP3 cable and one DC5 cable is a bad combo... DO NOT USE! I ended up just putting EP3 cables on both sides bc I couldn't get the passenger side to fully engage bc I had two different lengths of cables. I just zip tied one of the brackets so it wouldn't dangle.

Last edited by CGaud; 06-20-2013 at 02:31 AM.