Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My Anti-Civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jsmithe2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: My Anti-Civic

u drive that thing and sure is gonna raise a few eyeblows but won't get u any dates, and your neighbors will complaint ur driving the real estate$ down. ^)
Old 08-14-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anti-civic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jsmithe2010
u drive that thing and sure is gonna raise a few eyeblows but won't get u any dates, and your neighbors will complaint ur driving the real estate$ down. ^)
are you making a comment on the resale value of my car? i didn't know neons had a resale value! lol
how about this, you spend $2000 on a civic+mods, and i'll spend $2000 on a neon+mods, and we can see who has a faster, better looking, (and probably more reliable) car! not saying that civics aren't reliable, just sayin that a $2000 civic seems shifty, and wouldn't trust it.
Old 08-14-2010
Low and slow!

02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by anti-civic
are you making a comment on the resale value of my car? i didn't know neons had a resale value! lol
how about this, you spend $2000 on a civic+mods, and i'll spend $2000 on a neon+mods, and we can see who has a faster, better looking, (and probably more reliable) car! not saying that civics aren't reliable, just sayin that a $2000 civic seems shifty, and wouldn't trust it.
Old 08-14-2010
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Stop feeding the troll.
Old 08-14-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Stop feeding the troll.
sorry don't mean to keep trolling, just a little on opening post, but that's over, now i'm just making civic/neon realted conversation.
Old 08-14-2010
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

the civic is a hell of a lot more reliable then a neon and the styling a civic is way better to
Old 08-14-2010
Low and slow!

Originally Posted by Muirsy
the civic is a hell of a lot more reliable then a neon and the styling a civic is way better to
Lol this is true, and most of the neons I see around have hug body kits and straight piped fart cans.
Old 08-14-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 02civicsi02
Lol this is true, and most of the neons I see around have hug body kits and straight piped fart cans.
those aren't real neon people, those are just ricers.
a real neon person drives a 1st gen, and most of the time keeps a stock muffler (stock muffler on the DOHC's is performance muffler factory). and for the most part, will not use a body kit, at most they get a lip kit. and if you see a neon with a fog light bumper, but no fog lights, that's a good thing, that means it's an ACR.

and in the right hands, an neon is very reliable. not as reliable as a civic, but still extremely reliable.
Old 08-14-2010
Low and slow!

They seem like neon people to me. And there are alot of cars that have performance mufflers stock. Hell mine had one on it but I upgraded mine to a better one.
Old 08-14-2010
Registered!!

no, real neon people wouldn't ruin a 1st gen with a huge body kit.
and i see your sig 02civicsi02, and i'm curious as to what mods you have. (not being a smart *** or anything.)
do you have a project log or anything?
Old 08-14-2010
Low and slow!

That number is bout to change lol. I am buying my motor swap in october or november and swaping it in. I will be running over 210 whp and 200 trq on a stock motor. Here is the link to my members ride.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...civicsi02.html
Old 08-14-2010
Registered!!

That number is bout to change lol. I am buying my motor swap in october or november and swaping it in. I will be running over 210 whp and 200 trq on a stock motor. Here is the link to my members ride.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...civicsi02.html
good job, not ricey.
just curious, what do you civic people do for turboing? cause with the neons, we have to do a full stand alone to controll afr and spark stuff.

and what's the bolt pattern for the wheels?
Old 08-14-2010
Low and slow!

Of course its not ricey, I am not into that. And some of the motors in the civics like the k series you just bolt it up and get kpro ecu and get a good tune and thats it. Some people can run theres without a tune and be fine. But all that is on low psi. If we want more psi we have to build the head and maybe the block. The motor that I am getting I can run 15 psi on stock internals and everything but just a have a good tune on it.

My bolt pattern on my car is 4x100.
Old 08-14-2010
Registered!!

even with a mopar performance ecu or afx racing we still can't just slap on a turbo, even with low psi.
and with the stand alone, you can easily tune your car with every little mod you do.

do any people do all motor builds with their civics?
what kind of numbers do civics get with all motor builds?
Old 08-14-2010
Low and slow!

It depends on what motor they are building. I know someone on ephatch that has a k24a2 frankenstien that put down 355 whp and 311 trq i think or close to that.
Old 08-14-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

even a k20 with basic boltons and kpro can get some pretty high numbers for not alot of money.
Old 08-14-2010
Low and slow!

Originally Posted by gearbox
even a k20 with basic boltons and kpro can get some pretty high numbers for not alot of money.
Ya the k20a2 and k20z3 can make bout 215 whp with just bolt ons and bout 230 whp with kpro. So ya those are some pretty decent numbers. But I wish the torque was better on the k20's like the k24's.
Old 08-14-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

First off, anything made by chrysler is poop!

Second, I also own a CBR and a Bronco so that should outwiegh my riced out girl car.

Thirdm, VTec Changes valve timing at high RPM. All Hondas after 2000 have it. Most cars brands have some version of it they just give it different names like like echo-tech.

Fourth, don't waste your money on that pile of garbage. Front wheel drive four bangers don't go fast. Rear/four wheel are the oly platforms worth investing in!

Last edited by Mad Dog Tannen; 08-14-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 08-14-2010
Registered!!

so does the adjusting cam timing limit you to staying with stock cams?
Old 08-14-2010
J-K
Registered!!

J-K is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope. Crower makes cams for our cars.
Old 08-15-2010
Low and slow!

Originally Posted by anti-civic
so does the adjusting cam timing limit you to staying with stock cams?
No lol. Why would you ask that.
Old 08-15-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I'm still confused why your here dude.

You don't like honda, most of us don't like neons. Its not that its a domestic that makes us not like it either, its that its a neon! One of the ugliest cars ever made. If you posted a nice daytona up here you wouldn't get hated on.
Old 08-15-2010
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I'm still confused why your here dude.

You don't like honda, most of us don't like neons. Its not that its a domestic that makes us not like it either, its that its a neon! One of the ugliest cars ever made. If you posted a nice daytona up here you wouldn't get hated on.
Agreed.I don't hate Neons,but I don't like them either.Just be careful not to get into accidents.Heard Neons have poor safety ratings.
Old 08-15-2010
Registered!!

Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Chrysler makes dookie on wheels!

At least get a Chevy or Ford if you are going domestic. Or you could stick with brand that has had the highest amount of recalls for the past few consecutive years. Chrysler can tongue my rusty sheriffs badge!
Old 08-15-2010
Registered!!

No lol. Why would you ask that.
i don't know cars, i know neons.
i could tell you almost everything about 1st gen neons, but im lost with other cars.
i'm here to learn and share for those of you that ask, but mostly to learn.
i don't care about the domestic forign thing, i don't have a thing against honda, i just don't like the cars they make. if honda made a car that i liked, then cool, but they don't, i'm very picky about my cars, there's very few cars that i do like, and most of them are imports.
neons do have poor saftey ratings.
but have any of you ever drove one? funnest thing you will ever drive, best handling out of all of the vehicals i've driven. easiest to work on out of all vehicals i have helped with.
go drive a buddy's 1st gen neon for a while, and you will fall in love, if you look past the hate for it. =)
Old 08-15-2010
Registered!!

cmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura aboutcmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura about

lol ay man i was just kiddin bout your car and you do make a good point.lol i kinda find the neon to be the american civic. but yea you keep up the good work. well plans cause idk if you have started.lol but yea. i aint hatin on you.
Old 08-15-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by cmiller_01ex
lol ay man i was just kiddin bout your car and you do make a good point.lol i kinda find the neon to be the american civic. but yea you keep up the good work. well plans cause idk if you have started.lol but yea. i aint hatin on you.
well, hopefully sometime either later this month, or earlier next month, i'll have paint started, and then savin up for a 2.4 build.

and by 2.4, i mean one from a stratus, not a srt-4 swap. motors are basically direct fit, and there isn't any downsides to it. it's not interface, you can use your 2.0 dohc stuff, it even has the same exact top end, so i can keep my blank 2.0 dohc valve cover, and keep that sleeper element. gas milage isn't really effected (still get more than 30 mpg). but i'm just gonna get a used 2.4, and completely rebuild top and bottom end with this....
http://www.modernperformance.com/com...hc-p-1605.html
working through school, so it'll be a while because of money being the limiting factor.
along with that rebuild kit, i'm also doing the basics, like mopar performance pcm, unorthadox udp, probably some cheap short tube headers, aluminum flywheel, you get the picture. don't need to worry about catback (unless i'm doing a real big turbo) because neons stock is already like 2.25 or 2.5 (can/t remember off of the top of my head).
so i have a long way to go with this car....but it's gonna happen.
Old 08-15-2010
Registered!!

That looks like a good kit. But imagine if you invested that dough in a V8!
What are your plans for this pile? Turbo or NA? How much hp? Track or Drag or show?
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
That looks like a good kit. But imagine if you invested that dough in a V8!
What are your plans for this pile? Turbo or NA? How much hp? Track or Drag or show?
good luck finding the room to put a v8 in a neon and still retain it's driveability.
i plan on going n/a for now, and possibly turbo in the future, but not too sure really. and this car is going to be my DD for now, i'll probably get another one to work on if i can find one i like.
Old 08-16-2010
Banned

Prodresurgence will become famous soon enough

Wow nice car.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	POS.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	79027  

Quick Reply: My Anti-Civic