Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My Anti-Civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough
Re: My Anti-Civic

^ Looks better.
Old 08-24-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anti-civic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 02civicsi02
^ Looks better.
hopefully that's what mine will look like in the next month or so, depending on when i get to start this new job. i go tomorrow for a tour and drug screening, then i have the job.

that is the same sub model, body style, motor, transmission, wheels, interior, ect as mine!!!!

but i have a question for civic people!!!

yay or nay for the grey siding?
i don't know yet.
here's an example.
Name:  neon_nygsrtseats.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  36.8 KB
Old 08-24-2010
Low and slow!

Lol oh I thought that was yours repainted. And not to sure bout that siding, kinda like it and kinda dont. But damn those slipstreams look good on that one neon. I think with that color of the neon and those slipstreams with a lower drop and possibly a hood bra if there is one for your car would look good.
Old 08-24-2010
Registered!!

Lol oh I thought that was yours repainted. And not to sure bout that siding, kinda like it and kinda dont. But damn those slipstreams look good on that one neon. I think with that color of the neon and those slipstreams with a lower drop and possibly a hood bra if there is one for your car would look good.
those are very common rims for the nyg's.
and for some reason, any black wheels make the nyg's look like they're sitting like 2 inches higher? wtf?
and i hate hood bra's with a passion.....they make me want to nail a baby in the face.....
here's an example
Name:  nygbra.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  26.2 KB
i wouldn't want to ruin my car with that.
Old 08-24-2010
Low and slow!

I like the hood bras.
Old 08-24-2010
Registered!!

I like the hood bras.
no offense to you. it's your look, go with it, i just wouldn't do that with my car.
i've seen too many cars with "bra rash" as i like to call it.
my friend has a 2006 mustang, it's black, he got it with some factory black package, like all black leather interoir, black wheels, hood scoop, and a bra....
now he complains that he wants to take the bra off, but he needs it to cover up the horrible bra rash....he tried to fix it with tooth paste.lol
Old 08-24-2010
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

ya i was actually going to say to take the trim off but it doesn't look that bad with it on. but i'd vote for taking it off and i agree with no bra's! bra's look better on babe's not car's =D
Old 08-24-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

I like push up bras!

But not on cars.

Last edited by Mad Dog Tannen; 08-25-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-24-2010
Low and slow!

Dont be dissing the hood bras now .

Name:  10.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  37.3 KB

Name:  3618140455_70526f3397.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  50.4 KB

Name:  DSC_6769.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  27.0 KB
Old 08-24-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

no bra for me either lol. and paint all the black molding strips. its a huge pain trying to keep those detailed all the time.
Old 08-25-2010
Registered!!

White02CivicSi has a spectacular aura aboutWhite02CivicSi has a spectacular aura about

Dont be dissing the hood bras now .
I dont really like hood bras but the hood bra on the ep3 is HAWT!!!!
Old 08-25-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by White02CivicSi
I dont really like hood bras but the hood bra on the ep3 is HAWT!!!!
not gonna lie, that does look decent on that car.
Old 08-25-2010

mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

i don't understand how cars can be that low. there's this horrible invention up here called speed bumps. do you guys not have speed bumps in the states or something? up here they're 3 inchs some even 4. does anyone know where i could by something similar to the flexible fabric lips theye bolt on racecars? or at least what they're called so i can ask my shop?
Old 08-25-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Definitely paint the sides.

@mac25- There are a few roads in Langley that are, so bumpy I find it difficult with just a slight lower. IMO function over form is a must in British Columbia.
Old 08-25-2010

mindbomb you're in bc? you should come to the huge show september 19th, it's at the honda way, in the abby automall. every dealership is showing cars. first they show for best 3 of that make, so like best 3 honda's, then those winners enter for best of the automall. i might show if there are no 7thgen civics showing just for fun, even though i won't win a spot against the nsx and s2000's. i really hope the nsx will show up! i've never seen on in real life. i've seen lot's of supercars but the nsx,bugatti veyron and enzo are still on my list.
Old 08-25-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I might come to the show, it depends on how busy I am with school that weekend. I live like 10 minutes from the automall though, so its pretty tempting.

If an NSX shows up that would definitely make it more tempting. I was able to take an NSX for a test drive at a dealership about a year ago, I've driven a lot of cars, but that was my favorite by far.
Old 08-25-2010
Registered!!

20_CiViC_02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mac25
bra's look better on babe's
They look better without bra's imo.
Old 08-25-2010
Registered!!

so, did my wheels in flat black a couple of days ago.
i feel like i did a good job. :grin: :grin:
Name:  HPIM1832.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  171.8 KB
Name:  HPIM1833.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  190.3 KB
what do you guys think?
Old 08-25-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Those rims look sharp with a fresh coat of paint, nice work!

Time to do the brakes now!
Old 08-25-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Those rims look sharp with a fresh coat of paint, nice work!

Time to do the brakes now!
yep, it was just a temporary $10 wheel job.
took work and time though.
and i have a more decent looking set of brakes from my organ donor that i'm going to swap out this weekend.
organ donor=
Name:  HPIM1755.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  229.9 KB
Old 08-25-2010

ya the wheels look way better! not sure if you're into this idea but i painted my calipers and i think they look great, once you get your body paint it mught be cool to have matching calipers rather then rusted ones.
Old 08-26-2010
Registered!!

ya the wheels look way better! not sure if you're into this idea but i painted my calipers and i think they look great, once you get your body paint it mught be cool to have matching calipers rather then rusted ones.
going with flat black with everything except the body. flat black is simple, clean, and doesn't stand out much.
remember, the look im going for here is sleeper, nothing flashy that may make people think im packin. even after my 2.4 build im going to keep the blank valve cover. the valve covers for the neon 2.0's, the N/a eclipse 420's, and the 2.4's are all interchangeable. the one for the neon's 2.0 is just blank. and unless someone really knows their neons, they won't know the signs of a really built engine. i plan on getting what is known as a All Motor Mike intake box, beautiful pieces, made to order.
here's an example.
Name:  ammintake.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  7.6 KB
that's the best pic i can do for now.
Old 08-26-2010
Registered!!

cmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura aboutcmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by anti-civic
hopefully that's what mine will look like in the next month or so, depending on when i get to start this new job. i go tomorrow for a tour and drug screening, then i have the job.

that is the same sub model, body style, motor, transmission, wheels, interior, ect as mine!!!!

but i have a question for civic people!!!

yay or nay for the grey siding?
i don't know yet.
here's an example.
TAKE OFF THE GREY SIDING.lol the green looks so much cleaner with out it. i'd even paint the front grey trim green to just because.lol
Old 08-26-2010
Registered!!

cmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura aboutcmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura about

i don't understand how cars can be that low. there's this horrible invention up here called speed bumps. do you guys not have speed bumps in the states or something? up here they're 3 inchs some even 4. does anyone know where i could by something similar to the flexible fabric lips theye bolt on racecars? or at least what they're called so i can ask my shop?
my car is lowered 3 inches and there is like no room between the wheels and the fender. its just enough to turn. and i havent had problems with speed bumps yet. just that you cant go over them as fast as you used to. and we have the 4 inch ones at school here in tn. so yea.lol besides. its such a better look lowered. sittin on 17's
Old 08-27-2010
Registered!!

well guys, im debating on wheather to skip the paint job for right now, and just going with the 2.4 swap, or doing paint first.
what do you guys think?
the reason i say this is because the motor currently in my car has at least 111,xxx miles.
that's what the odo read when i got it, and the guy that had it before me said that it didn't even work when he got it a year ago.
i know its the original motor that hasn't been rebuilt or anything.
and now its starting to make this weird growling/rattling noise between 1100 and 1500 rpms.
Old 08-27-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

well guys, im debating on wheather to skip the paint job for right now, and just going with the 2.4 swap, or doing paint first.
what do you guys think?
the reason i say this is because the motor currently in my car has at least 111,xxx miles.
that's what the odo read when i got it, and the guy that had it before me said that it didn't even work when he got it a year ago.
i know its the original motor that hasn't been rebuilt or anything.
and now its starting to make this weird growling/rattling noise between 1100 and 1500 rpms.
Have you ruled out old exhaust parts? My Civic had some pretty bad exhaust rot and was falling apart. After a while, it started making a weird noise at certain RPMs because of a leaky resonator or some crap. Got it fixed and the sound was gone. Yours sounds a little more severe, so it might not be that. I'd say go with the rebuild personally. I'd rather have decent transportation than an immobile nicely painted car.

Last edited by MelJ; 08-27-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-27-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MelJ
Have you ruled out old exhaust parts? My Civic had some pretty bad exhaust rot and was falling apart. After a while, it started making a weird noise at certain RPMs because of a leaky resonator or some crap. Got it fixed and the sound was gone. Yours sounds a little more severe, so it might not be that. I'd say go with the rebuild personally. I'd rather have decent transportation than an immobile nicely painted car.
well, i just got the muffler put on last week, and i found a part that they failed to weld, it's a hole about 2mm. could that be it?
its right before the muffler. i thought of that, but it sounds more like its comming from somewhere else....
Old 08-27-2010
Registered!!

well, i just got the muffler put on last week, and i found a part that they failed to weld, it's a hole about 2mm. could that be it?
its right before the muffler. i thought of that, but it sounds more like its comming from somewhere else....
well, i found out my problem, its a kinda common problem with the stock cat, the brick of catilist material breaks off inside, and just kinda shakes from the right vibrations, so my my funny noise is nothing to worry about.
but i've made up my mind about 2.4, or paint job......
Name:  HPIM1839.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  136.2 KB
got it for $65, and the guy just paid $52 to have it cleaned,will be bored .020, it has to be because of minor surface rust.
i have someone with a head (even though the 2.0's have the same head as the 2.4's, i want to have a complete motor to put in this, so i don't have to go through the trouble of not having a car as i build this motor) and crank shaft for $100.
so, a motor ready to be rebuilt for $165?
doesn't sound to bad to me
Old 08-28-2010
Registered!!

crossfire is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ how long has been since the block was cleaned. I see alot of surface rust on that thing. If it was cleaned the block would look a lot fresher.
Old 08-28-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by crossfire
^^^ how long has been since the block was cleaned. I see alot of surface rust on that thing. If it was cleaned the block would look a lot fresher.
it was cleaned for a fact, i can tell.
the only surface rust really is inside of the cylinders. and it's alot less than in the picture. it has to be bored .020 because of the rust.
and if i get enough done today, i'm going to flat black the outside of the block.

Quick Reply: My Anti-Civic