Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   My Anti-Civic (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/331120-my-anti-civic.html)

anti-civic 08-13-2010 10:00 PM

My Anti-Civic

4 Attachment(s)
Okay, for all of you that don't know what this is, it's a 95 NYG (Nitro Yellow Green) MTX, sport coupe, plymouth neon.
for all of you that don't know anything about these beastly machines, it is the source of alot of envy. NYG is a rare color only produced in 95, in only the sport models, and ACR model. for me to have a NYG coupe is an awesome thing, and for it to have the DOHC motor and be a 5 speed, is another awesome thing.:_bow:
I call it....the anti-civic!
just recently got this car, so bear with it, is still a beast, and paintjob is the next thing on the list.
Attachment 104980
Attachment 104981
Attachment 104982
Attachment 104983
after paint, will start building a 2.4 for this, because it's a beautiful beast, and it deserves it.:_bow:
so please, civic owners, please start the cowering
=)

-Anti-Civic

xRiCeBoYx 08-13-2010 10:03 PM

Re: My Anti-Civic

Please tell me you didn't just sign up on a civic forum to troll to say "my neon is better than you"

I'd accept it if you were being "friendly-competitive" and to get constructive criticism from the "other side of the fence"

anti-civic 08-13-2010 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx (Post 4483885)
Please tell me you didn't just sign up on a civic forum to troll to say "my neon is better than you"

I'd accept it if you were being "friendly-competitive" and to get constructive criticism from the "other side of the fence"

of course it's friendly competition, and constructive criticism is more than welecome.

=)

-Anti-Civic

cmiller_01ex 08-13-2010 10:09 PM

ok constructive criticism. neon is a girl car.lol done. i only say that cause my girlfriend her mom and grandma all own plymouth neons but if its a rare car i guess its border line guy?lol im just teasin man. a car is a car and a project is a project. but keep us posted i guess

xRiCeBoYx 08-13-2010 10:12 PM

Fair enough. As long as you're not gonna comment on every civic thread and say "get rid of your japanese crap and go american," I think we'll be just fine.. :lol:

Are you gonna re-spray it that neon yellow-green color? And what you got planned for making power?

Oh, and for your sub, I'd recommend re-maiking it with 3/4 MDF, and actually mounting it somewhere, rear-firing.. And getting an actual terminal plate for those ghetto-ass looking conenctors. lol

xRiCeBoYx 08-13-2010 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by cmiller_01ex (Post 4483890)
ok constructive criticism. neon is a girl car.lol done.

:lol: not gonna lie.. I was thinking it, too.. At least you're not a douchebag Neon SRT-4 owner that claims "ITS NOT A NEON! IT'S AN SRT-4!"

anti-civic 08-13-2010 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx (Post 4483891)
Fair enough. As long as you're not gonna comment on every civic thread and say "get rid of your japanese crap and go american," I think we'll be just fine.. :lol:

Are you gonna re-spray it that neon yellow-green color? And what you got planned for making power?

Oh, and for your sub, I'd recommend re-maiking it with 3/4 MDF, and actually mounting it somewhere, rear-firing.. And getting an actual terminal plate for those ghetto-ass looking conenctors. lol

as for power,
right now has
-3.0 CAI with summit racing filter.
-Bigger throttle body (52mm) half shafted and knifed.
-Maddog STS, 60%-70% redux (came with car, can't remember what the guy said) with aftermarket shifter bushings.
-AC delete.(compressor was shot and was leaking somewhere)

and after paint job,
-2.4 liter Dohc swap. (not an srt-4 swap) completely rebuilt. N/A
-don't know where i'm going from there.

and as for the sub, just got the amp and sub for real cheap, and didn't have a box, so threw one together.

and as for a neon being a "girls car", lets face it, we all are driving small cars with small factory numbers, and there's nothing manly about them, so none of us get our car stock being awesome...or manly for that matter....

and i don't care if your car is an import, i like some imports, just not hondas, nissans, kia's and some others.

i joined because i want to learn more about the other side and have something other than other neons to compare my car to.

-Anti-Neon

xRiCeBoYx 08-13-2010 10:28 PM

I guess I'm allowed to pull off the Honda Civic/rice rocket being Filipino and all.. :lol:

Every girl that I've been with loves my car, even after their initial reaction to the "I drive a hooked-up Honda Civic" is "*roll eyes* ugh.."

Feel free to lemme know what you think of my car
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...s-welcome.html

Foffie 08-13-2010 10:34 PM

that makes sense why its rare cause i've never seen an actual neon neon

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx (Post 4483891)

anti-civic 08-13-2010 10:43 PM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx (Post 4483895)
I guess I'm allowed to pull off the Honda Civic/rice rocket being Filipino and all.. :lol:

Every girl that I've been with loves my car, even after their initial reaction to the "I drive a hooked-up Honda Civic" is "*roll eyes* ugh.."

Feel free to lemme know what you think of my car
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...s-welcome.html

it's clean and not too ricey, please tell me that you don't have a fart can on it???
racing seats might be a little over board...but it's your car....
oh, and what would make that engine bay look ALOT better, is some removal, take out ac, and egr, and thats a start. relocate battery, and a tucked harnes, and you have a beautiful engine bay.
less is more.
here's an example
Attachment 104975
good job, and that's comming from a neon guy.

also, all of my interior lights are bright green leds (i'm a beast when i get my led on)
Attachment 104976
Attachment 104977
Attachment 104978
Attachment 104979

now, a few questions for you civic guys.
what are the vtecs? 2.0 dohc's?
how much does an average stock coupe weigh?

and yes, will get original NYG paint, because it is rare, and it's baddass

gearbox 08-13-2010 10:49 PM

thats gonna look pretty nice with some new paint and replace the rusty bolts and stuff.

04 Honda Civic 08-13-2010 10:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Your a fag

anti-civic 08-13-2010 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox (Post 4483903)
thats gonna look pretty nice with some new paint and replace the rusty bolts and stuff.

new paint coming up within the next couple months, then after that, i start my 2.4 build, and hopefully have it done by the end of the year.

anti-civic 08-13-2010 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by 04 Honda Civic (Post 4483906)
Your a fag

and it looks like i'm making new friends already!:)

lowlife9 08-13-2010 11:11 PM

i hope your not keeping the paint color stock.

MindBomber 08-13-2010 11:11 PM

@Anti-Civic.

There are a few different motor options in the 7th gen Vic..

The DX/LX had the D17a1 engine; Its a SOHC 1.7L,Non-VTEC, with 110hp.
The EX/Canadian Si had the D17a2 engine; Its a SOHC 1.7L VTEC, with 127hp.
The Si/Canadian Sir had the K20a3; Its DOHC 2.0L i-VTECe, with 160hp.

anti-civic 08-13-2010 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by lowlife9 (Post 4483911)
i hope your not keeping the paint color stock.

of course i am, read the first post. this is a rare car.
and the color isn't that pale. it's brighter.
look at the bumpers and spoiler.

MindBomber 08-13-2010 11:35 PM

After checkin out the spoiler, thats actually a pretty rad color.

lazlong 08-13-2010 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by anti-civic (Post 4483915)
..and the color isn't that pale. it's brighter.look at the bumpers and spoiler.

This is true. I've seen this color and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

xRiCeBoYx 08-13-2010 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by anti-civic (Post 4483900)
it's clean and not too ricey, please tell me that you don't have a fart can on it???
racing seats might be a little over board...but it's your car....
oh, and what would make that engine bay look ALOT better, is some removal, take out ac, and egr, and thats a start. relocate battery, and a tucked harnes, and you have a beautiful engine bay.
less is more.

I actually did research before I put together that exhaust setup. It's a 2.25" cat-back system with a chambered muffler. It doesn't have that raspy "angry bees" sound to it. As for removing the A/C, that's not gonna happen. Living in Vegas, it's more of a necessity than a parasitic commodity. I've been looking into tucking my bay, too.. Just gotta find a couple weeks where I can actually have my car inoperable, and that's not any time soon. Oh, and the racing seats. At first, I bought them with the ricer mentailty, but really, I found it to be a great purchase. They're comfy, they hold your ass still, which really came in handy while taking spirited drives around WA state when I was stationed up there. Plus, they're lighter than the stock seats, so there's some function for ya. A lot of people see them, scoff and ask "why the hell", then immediately take back everything bad they said about them when they actually sit in them.

Thanks for the complements, though. I'm glad I was able to get an actual opinion from a domestic owner/modder that I don't know personally.

anti-civic 08-13-2010 11:56 PM

just curious, does anyone know stock 1/4 times for a 2010 with a vtec? (please excuse my honda noobness)
and aproximate weight?
and tranny ratio?
do any new models come with sway bars? rear disks?

02civicsi02 08-13-2010 11:59 PM

He drives the girl car and I drive the egg lol.

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 4483912)
@Anti-Civic.

There are a few different motor options in the 7th gen Vic..

The DX/LX had the D17a1 engine; Its a SOHC 1.7L,Non-VTEC, with 110hp.
The EX/Canadian Si had the D17a2 engine; Its a SOHC 1.7L VTEC, with 127hp.
The Si/Canadian Sir had the K20a3; Its DOHC 2.0L i-VTECe, with 160hp.

Fixed.

The si/sir have the k20a3 with the economy ivtec.
He can also be talking bout the new si motor to though. It is the k20z3 (DOHC ivtec 2.0l) at 197 hp at the crank.

anti-civic 08-14-2010 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx (Post 4483925)
I actually did research before I put together that exhaust setup. It's a 2.25" cat-back system with a chambered muffler. It doesn't have that raspy "angry bees" sound to it. As for removing the A/C, that's not gonna happen. Living in Vegas, it's more of a necessity than a parasitic commodity. I've been looking into tucking my bay, too.. Just gotta find a couple weeks where I can actually have my car inoperable, and that's not any time soon. Oh, and the racing seats. At first, I bought them with the ricer mentailty, but really, I found it to be a great purchase. They're comfy, they hold your ass still, which really came in handy while taking spirited drives around WA state when I was stationed up there. Plus, they're lighter than the stock seats, so there's some function for ya. A lot of people see them, scoff and ask "why the hell", then immediately take back everything bad they said about them when they actually sit in them.

Thanks for the complements, though. I'm glad I was able to get an actual opinion from a domestic owner/modder that I don't know personally.

so vegas? i guess egr delete is out of the question then? don't have emmisions here, many of my friends just roll with straight pipes.
and ever since i've gotten my car the ac hasn't worked, so i just took all of it out today. (saved 25 lbs in stuff from engine bay alone).

xRiCeBoYx 08-14-2010 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by anti-civic (Post 4483931)
so vegas? i guess egr delete is out of the question then? don't have emmisions here, many of my friends just roll with straight pipes.
and ever since i've gotten my car the ac hasn't worked, so i just took all of it out today. (saved 25 lbs in stuff from engine bay alone).

Hah, yea. Yearly smog checks required. I'm fine with it though. People are still surprised that my little 1.7L SOHC Civic has more balls than they expect :lol:

MindBomber 08-14-2010 12:36 AM

@02Civicsi02: That was a typo, thanks for the edit!

lordhelmet 08-14-2010 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by anti-civic (Post 4483894)

and i don't care if your car is an import, i like some imports, just not hondas, nissans, kia's and some others.

Go away troll.

02civicsi02 08-14-2010 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by lordhelmet (Post 4483960)
Go away troll.

Lol ya he likes imports like kias but doesnt like hondas :lol:. The only kias I see running around modded are riced to crap.

lowlife9 08-14-2010 06:04 AM

i would be to embarrassed to drive that thing around i would rather take the bus and save up for a moped.

anti-civic 08-14-2010 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by lowlife9 (Post 4483968)
i would be to embarrassed to drive that thing around i would rather take the bus and save up for a moped.

Actually, I love driving my car. My friends love driving my car. My mom had to drive it once, and she loves it.
Its an eyesore, sure. But like I said, paint is the first thing on the list.

And it's not that I don't like the Honda in general, they just don't make a car that I like. If they did, I would have no problem driving it.

White02CivicSi 08-14-2010 09:18 AM

WTF is that POS!!! :thistop:
I wish you luck with your project! LOL