Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My Anti-Civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anti-civic is an unknown quantity at this point
My Anti-Civic

Okay, for all of you that don't know what this is, it's a 95 NYG (Nitro Yellow Green) MTX, sport coupe, plymouth neon.
for all of you that don't know anything about these beastly machines, it is the source of alot of envy. NYG is a rare color only produced in 95, in only the sport models, and ACR model. for me to have a NYG coupe is an awesome thing, and for it to have the DOHC motor and be a 5 speed, is another awesome thing.
I call it....the anti-civic!
just recently got this car, so bear with it, is still a beast, and paintjob is the next thing on the list.
Name:  HPIM1731-1.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  193.4 KB
Name:  HPIM1732.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  154.0 KB
Name:  HPIM1742.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  178.8 KB
Name:  HPIM1764.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  154.5 KB
after paint, will start building a 2.4 for this, because it's a beautiful beast, and it deserves it.
so please, civic owners, please start the cowering
=)

-Anti-Civic
Old 08-13-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My Anti-Civic

Please tell me you didn't just sign up on a civic forum to troll to say "my neon is better than you"

I'd accept it if you were being "friendly-competitive" and to get constructive criticism from the "other side of the fence"
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Please tell me you didn't just sign up on a civic forum to troll to say "my neon is better than you"

I'd accept it if you were being "friendly-competitive" and to get constructive criticism from the "other side of the fence"
of course it's friendly competition, and constructive criticism is more than welecome.

=)

-Anti-Civic
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

cmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura aboutcmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura about

ok constructive criticism. neon is a girl car.lol done. i only say that cause my girlfriend her mom and grandma all own plymouth neons but if its a rare car i guess its border line guy?lol im just teasin man. a car is a car and a project is a project. but keep us posted i guess
Old 08-13-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough. As long as you're not gonna comment on every civic thread and say "get rid of your japanese crap and go american," I think we'll be just fine..

Are you gonna re-spray it that neon yellow-green color? And what you got planned for making power?

Oh, and for your sub, I'd recommend re-maiking it with 3/4 MDF, and actually mounting it somewhere, rear-firing.. And getting an actual terminal plate for those ghetto-*** looking conenctors. lol
Old 08-13-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by cmiller_01ex
ok constructive criticism. neon is a girl car.lol done.
not gonna lie.. I was thinking it, too.. At least you're not a douchebag Neon SRT-4 owner that claims "ITS NOT A NEON! IT'S AN SRT-4!"
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

Fair enough. As long as you're not gonna comment on every civic thread and say "get rid of your japanese crap and go american," I think we'll be just fine..

Are you gonna re-spray it that neon yellow-green color? And what you got planned for making power?

Oh, and for your sub, I'd recommend re-maiking it with 3/4 MDF, and actually mounting it somewhere, rear-firing.. And getting an actual terminal plate for those ghetto-*** looking conenctors. lol
as for power,
right now has
-3.0 CAI with summit racing filter.
-Bigger throttle body (52mm) half shafted and knifed.
-Maddog STS, 60%-70% redux (came with car, can't remember what the guy said) with aftermarket shifter bushings.
-AC delete.(compressor was shot and was leaking somewhere)

and after paint job,
-2.4 liter Dohc swap. (not an srt-4 swap) completely rebuilt. N/A
-don't know where i'm going from there.

and as for the sub, just got the amp and sub for real cheap, and didn't have a box, so threw one together.

and as for a neon being a "girls car", lets face it, we all are driving small cars with small factory numbers, and there's nothing manly about them, so none of us get our car stock being awesome...or manly for that matter....

and i don't care if your car is an import, i like some imports, just not hondas, nissans, kia's and some others.

i joined because i want to learn more about the other side and have something other than other neons to compare my car to.

-Anti-Neon

Last edited by anti-civic; 08-13-2010 at 10:26 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 08-13-2010
Administrator
Administrator

I guess I'm allowed to pull off the Honda Civic/rice rocket being Filipino and all..

Every girl that I've been with loves my car, even after their initial reaction to the "I drive a hooked-up Honda Civic" is "*roll eyes* ugh.."

Feel free to lemme know what you think of my car
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...s-welcome.html
Old 08-13-2010
Im a Senior Member. Take that Noobs!!

Foffie has a spectacular aura aboutFoffie has a spectacular aura about

that makes sense why its rare cause i've never seen an actual neon neon

Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

I guess I'm allowed to pull off the Honda Civic/rice rocket being Filipino and all..

Every girl that I've been with loves my car, even after their initial reaction to the "I drive a hooked-up Honda Civic" is "*roll eyes* ugh.."

Feel free to lemme know what you think of my car
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...s-welcome.html
it's clean and not too ricey, please tell me that you don't have a fart can on it???
racing seats might be a little over board...but it's your car....
oh, and what would make that engine bay look ALOT better, is some removal, take out ac, and egr, and thats a start. relocate battery, and a tucked harnes, and you have a beautiful engine bay.
less is more.
here's an example
Name:  002-13.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  80.7 KB
good job, and that's comming from a neon guy.

also, all of my interior lights are bright green leds (i'm a beast when i get my led on)
Name:  HPIM1712.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  128.5 KB
Name:  HPIM1679.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  101.4 KB
Name:  HPIM1682.jpg
Size:  77.8 KB
Name:  HPIM1697.jpg
Size:  73.7 KB

now, a few questions for you civic guys.
what are the vtecs? 2.0 dohc's?
how much does an average stock coupe weigh?

and yes, will get original NYG paint, because it is rare, and it's baddass

Last edited by anti-civic; 08-13-2010 at 10:44 PM. Reason: ?
Old 08-13-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

thats gonna look pretty nice with some new paint and replace the rusty bolts and stuff.
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Your a ***
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	79001  
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
thats gonna look pretty nice with some new paint and replace the rusty bolts and stuff.
new paint coming up within the next couple months, then after that, i start my 2.4 build, and hopefully have it done by the end of the year.
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 04 Honda Civic
Your a ***
and it looks like i'm making new friends already!
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i hope your not keeping the paint color stock.
Old 08-13-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

@Anti-Civic.

There are a few different motor options in the 7th gen Vic..

The DX/LX had the D17a1 engine; Its a SOHC 1.7L,Non-VTEC, with 110hp.
The EX/Canadian Si had the D17a2 engine; Its a SOHC 1.7L VTEC, with 127hp.
The Si/Canadian Sir had the K20a3; Its DOHC 2.0L i-VTECe, with 160hp.

Last edited by MindBomber; 08-14-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
i hope your not keeping the paint color stock.
of course i am, read the first post. this is a rare car.
and the color isn't that pale. it's brighter.
look at the bumpers and spoiler.
Old 08-13-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

After checkin out the spoiler, thats actually a pretty rad color.
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by anti-civic
..and the color isn't that pale. it's brighter.look at the bumpers and spoiler.
This is true. I've seen this color and it sticks out like a sore thumb.
Old 08-13-2010
Administrator
Administrator

it's clean and not too ricey, please tell me that you don't have a fart can on it???
racing seats might be a little over board...but it's your car....
oh, and what would make that engine bay look ALOT better, is some removal, take out ac, and egr, and thats a start. relocate battery, and a tucked harnes, and you have a beautiful engine bay.
less is more.
I actually did research before I put together that exhaust setup. It's a 2.25" cat-back system with a chambered muffler. It doesn't have that raspy "angry bees" sound to it. As for removing the A/C, that's not gonna happen. Living in Vegas, it's more of a necessity than a parasitic commodity. I've been looking into tucking my bay, too.. Just gotta find a couple weeks where I can actually have my car inoperable, and that's not any time soon. Oh, and the racing seats. At first, I bought them with the ricer mentailty, but really, I found it to be a great purchase. They're comfy, they hold your *** still, which really came in handy while taking spirited drives around WA state when I was stationed up there. Plus, they're lighter than the stock seats, so there's some function for ya. A lot of people see them, scoff and ask "why the hell", then immediately take back everything bad they said about them when they actually sit in them.

Thanks for the complements, though. I'm glad I was able to get an actual opinion from a domestic owner/modder that I don't know personally.
Old 08-13-2010
Registered!!

just curious, does anyone know stock 1/4 times for a 2010 with a vtec? (please excuse my honda noobness)
and aproximate weight?
and tranny ratio?
do any new models come with sway bars? rear disks?

Last edited by anti-civic; 08-14-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-13-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

He drives the girl car and I drive the egg lol.

Originally Posted by MindBomber
@Anti-Civic.

There are a few different motor options in the 7th gen Vic..

The DX/LX had the D17a1 engine; Its a SOHC 1.7L,Non-VTEC, with 110hp.
The EX/Canadian Si had the D17a2 engine; Its a SOHC 1.7L VTEC, with 127hp.
The Si/Canadian Sir had the K20a3; Its DOHC 2.0L i-VTECe, with 160hp.
Fixed.

The si/sir have the k20a3 with the economy ivtec.
He can also be talking bout the new si motor to though. It is the k20z3 (DOHC ivtec 2.0l) at 197 hp at the crank.
Old 08-14-2010
Registered!!

I actually did research before I put together that exhaust setup. It's a 2.25" cat-back system with a chambered muffler. It doesn't have that raspy "angry bees" sound to it. As for removing the A/C, that's not gonna happen. Living in Vegas, it's more of a necessity than a parasitic commodity. I've been looking into tucking my bay, too.. Just gotta find a couple weeks where I can actually have my car inoperable, and that's not any time soon. Oh, and the racing seats. At first, I bought them with the ricer mentailty, but really, I found it to be a great purchase. They're comfy, they hold your *** still, which really came in handy while taking spirited drives around WA state when I was stationed up there. Plus, they're lighter than the stock seats, so there's some function for ya. A lot of people see them, scoff and ask "why the hell", then immediately take back everything bad they said about them when they actually sit in them.

Thanks for the complements, though. I'm glad I was able to get an actual opinion from a domestic owner/modder that I don't know personally.
so vegas? i guess egr delete is out of the question then? don't have emmisions here, many of my friends just roll with straight pipes.
and ever since i've gotten my car the ac hasn't worked, so i just took all of it out today. (saved 25 lbs in stuff from engine bay alone).
Old 08-14-2010
Administrator
Administrator

so vegas? i guess egr delete is out of the question then? don't have emmisions here, many of my friends just roll with straight pipes.
and ever since i've gotten my car the ac hasn't worked, so i just took all of it out today. (saved 25 lbs in stuff from engine bay alone).
Hah, yea. Yearly smog checks required. I'm fine with it though. People are still surprised that my little 1.7L SOHC Civic has more ***** than they expect
Old 08-14-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

@02Civicsi02: That was a typo, thanks for the edit!
Old 08-14-2010
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

and i don't care if your car is an import, i like some imports, just not hondas, nissans, kia's and some others.
Go away troll.
Old 08-14-2010
Low and slow!

02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Go away troll.
Lol ya he likes imports like kias but doesnt like hondas . The only kias I see running around modded are riced to crap.
Old 08-14-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i would be to embarrassed to drive that thing around i would rather take the bus and save up for a moped.
Old 08-14-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
i would be to embarrassed to drive that thing around i would rather take the bus and save up for a moped.

Actually, I love driving my car. My friends love driving my car. My mom had to drive it once, and she loves it.
Its an eyesore, sure. But like I said, paint is the first thing on the list.

And it's not that I don't like the Honda in general, they just don't make a car that I like. If they did, I would have no problem driving it.
Old 08-14-2010
Registered!!

White02CivicSi has a spectacular aura aboutWhite02CivicSi has a spectacular aura about

WTF is that POS!!!
I wish you luck with your project! LOL

Quick Reply: My Anti-Civic