Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

fixed up the ride a bit

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: fixed up the ride a bit

I'd be pretty stocked to see your car, especially your headlights...

I actually hate my cheap rims too, but people always compliment me on them, so I can't justify a new set. Oh well, I only paid $100 for all four with new tires anyway..

Originally Posted by gearbox
i dont know why ppl are so interested in my car lol. everyone always commenting ooh so clean and they love my $90 konig rims and those craptastic fuzion tires. i dont get it with the tires! i hate them so much and everyone else loves em. just yesterday body shop guy comments "wow those are really aggressive looking tires" im thinking in my head, um no they barely grip dry road. i should just throw em away. and i think another one has a slow leak now too. the curse continues lol.
Old 12-17-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gearbox
did you see all his recent post on hidplanet? enjoying his bmw with clear lens swaps
link please!
Old 12-17-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...enon-projector
Old 12-19-2010
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold

Not my BMW. It's my sister's, technically, since she is paying it off lol
Old 04-06-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

finally got around to fixing some stuff thats been waiting a long time

-new sun visors to replace the torn and broken old ones. the new piece has a small poke from shipping but not too noticable. best part is they dont rattle anymore cause they are nice and tight against the headliner.

-new honda 500cca group51 battery. the old one was down to 12.4v and not holding a charge very long. too many weeks not driving last year prolly. it was only $100 from dealer.

-cleaned up engine bay of unneeded wiring and disabled the viper alarm. nothing to steal in the car and i hated accidentally setting the siren off all the time.

-put a fresh piece of carpet in the driver side footwell. old piece was getting nasty.

-replaced some rusty bolts in the engine bay with new ones. also replaced the hood prop and related plastic pieces cause old ones were yellowed and the rod was rusty.

-replaced driver side power window master switch and now my pass side window button works yay (i have the stupid green lit "auto" button im trying to figure out how to get rid of without opening it up).

-replaced driver side door lock actuator assembly. now i can use my key and it will turn the lock! lol. the old piece was done.

-removed all speakers and dynamat over the holes. coming soon radio block plate in metra kit like i had before. i love not having music anymore. im so much better at driving lol and i saved another 10 lbs.

-new exhaust hangers cause old ones were sagging. i only replaced the two holding the muffler and need to do the rest when im under the car.

-redline 5w30 synthetic for summer oil change

-fixed old hacked up ecu wiring from when i had vafcII and never resoldered the connections back to stock.

-new carbon activated cabin filters installed

-new dead pedal and bolt

-reconnected trunk manual release since power trunk doesnt work anymore. and cleaned up old wiring

-new weapon-r SW1 air filter for intake and fixed some old couplers and clamps

-new oil dipstick, ps cap, trans fluid dipstick
Old 04-06-2011
Premium Member

and i need new tires badly. anyone have good experience with michelin harmony? i can get em pretty cheap
Old 04-12-2011
Premium Member

just got my new jet hot coated dc header in today to replace the old one which is showing signs of rust (yes the old one will be for sale at a very reduced price lol). so that will be going in today. I opted for the more expensive extreme sterling this time instead of regular sterling and it practically looks like chrome. cant wait to get that in after work today. also have an oem coupe grill coming today to give the car a more oem look. after that i need to start thinking about the headlight retrofit again and what i need to do to freshen them up next time they come off the car. at least new front lens covers right now.
Old 04-12-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

just don't go clipping the wrong wires again, steve!
Old 04-15-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
depp83 is an unknown quantity at this point

the rear plate light is awesome
check mine thankss
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...ml#post4531723
Old 05-14-2011
Premium Member

new engine bay shot with brand new ignition coils, aem dryflow 3 inch universal filter for intake (made by K&N but not cotton gauze), new DC header with jet coating, oem coupe grill, etc

tycs all fixed up and reinstalled...

8thgen civic oem interior illumination kit blue leds, two pods installed on the side of center console, third pod in the glove box from the top

Old 05-31-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DriftPlease is an unknown quantity at this point

That blue light looks sooo nice!
Old 06-02-2011
Premium Member

Just installed luxer1 led 194 dome light for my 2002 civic ex with moonroof. still waiting on the rear festoon led. These are basically the best pnp led bulbs you can buy (other than piaa/polarg/raybrig that cost triple the price). got two pairs of them on ebay and installed 3 of em so i have a spare. Each bulb has three genuine nichia SMT leds from japan and an outer diffuser cap for increased width. Even the single middle dome led is extremely bright and lights up the whole front of the car and some of the rear. at least as bright as stock and much whiter. they say they are 6000k, but i would describe them as a cool white with tiny purple tint. im very happy with the look also all 3 of the leds are a perfect match as far as the white light goes (no off shades like the cheapo bulbs have). one bulb draws barely 0.25w of power making them more energy efficient as well.

Name:  luxer1cvc02-4.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  30.2 KB

Old 06-03-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

ur tyc are retroed right? looks good man.
Old 06-03-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I am routinely amazed by how much you know about automotive lighting, steve.
Old 06-03-2011
Premium Member

yeah valeo d2s xenons with clear lens everything else on them is stock. interior is all leds now, exterior is all filament bulbs lol.

Name:  comprtrocpwfogft-7.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  15.4 KB

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
ur tyc are retroed right? looks good man.
Old 02-26-2012
Premium Member

put all the leds back to filament bulbs (leds just arent bright enough) and installed new osram silverstar d2s hid bulbs in the retrofit. TRS is the only place you can find these bulbs. same 35w, just more light and longer beam. same color temp basically. also ordered some osram silverstar h1 bulbs for the hi beam.

Name:  tycretrovaleosvs.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  59.8 KB

Name:  valeoxensvscomp2.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  41.7 KB