Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

fixed up the ride a bit

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m3Lo1523 will become famous soon enoughm3Lo1523 will become famous soon enough
Re: fixed up the ride a bit

Originally Posted by RyuNyte
Yeah there arent any for our cars, you can do the Hp race header to hi flow cat to greddy evo2 exhaust, HONCIV02 did that set up.
Yo serious? hmm... i'll look into that thanks y'all!
Old 02-04-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

DC makes race header too that fits better.
Old 02-04-2009
Registered!!

DC does... sweet!! what kind is it?
Old 02-04-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ceramic i believe. full race header that replaces the cat for EX only. i dont think they have lx. for lx, you want kamikaze.

http://www.dezod.com/pd_dc_sports_421_2.cfm
Old 02-05-2009
Registered!!

will that work with me putting in a Greddy Evo2 Cat?
Old 02-05-2009
Registered!!

Do you know if they would have Greddy Evo 2 cat for the lx? seems like the only ones i've found are for EXs!
Old 02-05-2009
Premium Member

well race header hooks directly to the catback piping. will not work with cat. im pretty sure nobody makes a different cat for the lx cause the stock one is built into the header.
Old 02-05-2009
Registered!!

You serious? hmm... guess there ain't no header for the lx then huh? Thanks for everything though Gearbox! clarified a lot of stuff...
Old 02-05-2009
Premium Member

well theres kamikaze header for lx, but it deletes the cat.
Old 02-05-2009
Premium Member

sooo... i was doing some unrelated stuff in my car and noticed one of my dash leds (defrost icon) seems brighter than the rest. i guess i just never noticed til i looked at them from the middle. i ended up pulling the dash and the button and putting a piece of paper behind it to block some light and it worked great now it matches the other two buttons. then when i had the middle dash out, i found all sorts of terrible stuff going on with my radio. alot of the wiring i did many years ago and i didnt know how to wrap tape very well, and i noticed my tweeter wiring about to come apart. so i ended up spending a good hour fixing all the connections and taping everything up. i even fixed one of circuit citys mistakes from when my car was almost new, looks like they tapped the remote amp wire to the power antenna! and i never noticed til now. so fixed the wires there, put everything back and tested, found one of my rear speakers was off. played with the wires nearly and i guess it got loose again. i had this problem before too idk what else to do. i rewrapped the wire around the speaker terminal and so far its back to normal. did quite a bit of cleanup i think was worth it.
Old 02-05-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Your just taping wires? Why no solder?
Old 02-05-2009
Premium Member

too lazy, but ive never had problems *recently* with the way i twist wires and tape. before i used some cheap stuff and didnt wrap it tight enough and it pretty much started falling off. now its all nice again. i did some weird stuff in my old ricer days. some of the connections were only wire wrapped around a spade terminal lol. it was about to just slip off.

i actually tried to solder the rear speaker wires to the speaker but it wouldnt stick to the terminals. i got some on there and it feels pretty solid so maybe at least they stay in place this time. amazing how much one speaker affects the sound (esp bass).
Old 02-06-2009
Registered!!

Maple50175 is an unknown quantity at this point

must be nice to live in nice weather and not snow, shitty roads and yeah
Old 02-06-2009
Premium Member

orange glow cluster mod should i leave it like this or add glow to the other two rings?

Old 02-06-2009
Registered!!

cornd0g is an unknown quantity at this point

looks sick! id say add glow to even it out. looks great though.
Old 02-06-2009
Premium Member

i think i may leave it like that. if i add more its gonna look overdone. right now its not too bright and balances the glow with the dash.

my amber 0.25W map lights just came in from www.ledlight.com yay! They match the dome light which is the old 1W amber dorado hi power led. both map lights together are about half as bright as the dome, perfect for having some light to see but not too much. i had to paint it white lol. yellow didnt look too great

Old 02-06-2009
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

damn steve that looks tight... both the cluster and the map lights
Old 02-07-2009
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

looks dope
Old 02-08-2009
Registered!!

sethro is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Gearbox

Can you tell me where you got those brake lights bulbs?

Also I have a question for you, when I'm driving at night the amber turn signal are dim with all lights on. Is it possible to have them only come on when I engage the turn signal?

Or have them work at full brightness and then just blink BMW style?

BTW your car is probably the nicest one on the forum, no ****

Thanks dude

Last edited by sethro; 02-08-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-08-2009
Premium Member

the polarg lens type bulbs? www.eautoworks.com

im actually going back to stock headlights with amber lens and using the same 7443 bulbs up front for brighter light. but if you dont want the park light park, you can mod the bulb by breaking off two of the metal contacts. i dont know which two tho, you need to test it. having the turn signal bright on at night is illegal, its actually way too bright. i have mine on during the day only. check bestdrls.com
Old 02-08-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gearbox

is that a luxeon led? do u just solder a +/- power onto the ends of those? or do u require some kind of circuit board?
Old 02-08-2009
Premium Member

those are just pnp bulbs from ledlight.com and while they are bright, they are no luxeon. these are only 0.25 watt leds i figured out. now in my middle dome light i have a 1w amber dorado which is a ton brighter. for that i had to mount it on a heatsink and use a constant current driver (that weird circuitboard you see to the left). its twice as bright as both of the pnp bulbs combined, about 30 lumens of light similar to a standard 168 filament bulb. theres no way to safely use a hi power led on a normal bulb base like that, it would burn out in no time.
Old 02-10-2009
Premium Member

look what came in the mail today ebay "oem style" headlamps. im hoping the h4 sockets show up in a few hours in the mail so i can install everything. already got the polarg bulbs for the signals, and i gotta use oem h4 headlight for now til the philips xp get here. these headlamps look EXACTLY like stock in every possible way. excellent sealant all around, has all the oem reflector and amber piece and even the lil collumator/focusing lens for the side of the turn signal. the only difference is these dont say "honda" on the lens. will find out about the light output later tonight and post pics. im not expecting much but i dont care cause they look so good already.

Old 02-10-2009
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

they do look pretty good...
Old 02-10-2009
Premium Member

omg, ebay "oem style" headlamps are installed. they look awesome, but keep reading. the light output is like sealed beams. for comparison, we have moms 92 accord with old and pitted glass oem headlamps with 9006 bulbs, and then we have my 02 civic with brand new "oem style" headlamps with plastic lens and H4 bulb. help me jebus lol. ill be on the lookout for real oem lamps in the future.

doesnt look bad when theyre off

dont mind the uneven cutoffs, the drive way is actually slanting up to the right side lol. and i havent aimed mine yet, they might be a tad high.

my car on left, 92 accord on the right. shameful haha

Last edited by gearbox; 06-19-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-10-2009
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

your car is so damn clean; i am jealous. you are definitely right about the ebay oem-style headlights - the look good when they're off.
Old 02-10-2009
Premium Member

thanks man i try and keep it clean. i cant see anything with these lights at night ha. im gonna have to just get some new oem honda ones in the future.
Old 02-10-2009

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

those are just pnp bulbs from ledlight.com and while they are bright, they are no luxeon. these are only 0.25 watt leds i figured out. now in my middle dome light i have a 1w amber dorado which is a ton brighter. for that i had to mount it on a heatsink and use a constant current driver (that weird circuitboard you see to the left). its twice as bright as both of the pnp bulbs combined, about 30 lumens of light similar to a standard 168 filament bulb. theres no way to safely use a hi power led on a normal bulb base like that, it would burn out in no time.
HAHAHAH i copied the WRONG pix. i meant the middle bulb. the one with the heatsink on it

where did u get the dorado 1w led? and the driver? i have seem people make those drivers out of car-cell phone chargers/plugs

Last edited by sl33pyriceboi; 02-10-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2009

thanks man i try and keep it clean. i cant see anything with these lights at night ha. im gonna have to just get some new oem honda ones in the future.
should have kept ur retrofit.

but then again, if u did, i wouldnt have had some nice 50w ballast.... which i havent even installed yet. so busy during midterms
Old 02-10-2009

http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...m=250368178896

thinking of putting one of these in my dome light...heh..heh...heh...

btw, question for you steve:

when it says "DC Forward Voltage (VF): 3.6 ~ 4.0 Vdc"

that means the LED requires 3.6-4v (DC current ofcorse) going in the led? right?

Quick Reply: fixed up the ride a bit