Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

fixed up the ride a bit

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
katzenjammer84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: fixed up the ride a bit

Where'd you get the door garnishes, bud?
Old 12-31-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

honda access dealer overseas, i think singapore or malasia cant remember. a friend picked em up.
Old 01-01-2009
Registered!!

97EK will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gearbox
Try meguiars plastX.

I second that. PlastX cleared up my cloudy/yellowed headlight lenses beautifully. From what I remember, it was no more than 4 or 5 dollars at Wal-Mart.
Old 01-01-2009
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

you get the new front right and left handles with the lock cylinders, and also a new one for the ignition. AND the new key has to be coded to the ecu immobilizer. if your key doesnt turn the outside door lock anymore, i would suggest just getting keyless entry. its gonna cost a ton to get all new locks and flash the key.
oh ok yea i already have keyless entry so i'll just get the interior door handles in graphite black and call it a day. Thanks again Steve!
Old 01-01-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

no prob. i took apart my stereo face today and tried to polish it with scratchX, so far this has helped the most and its doesnt look cloudy anymore, altho its still scratched. i would buy a new piece but theyre discontinued lol. now my plastic plate is held onto the face with a few pieces of scotch tape haha. i dont think it will fall out tho otherwise ill just glue it back from inside. i wanna get a new deck but cant find one that looks normal and doesnt have all sorts of rice lights like blue and green and red all over. so for now ima just keep the one i have.
Old 01-02-2009
Since 2002 Baby!

chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about

nice job, small things, but they make a difference
Old 01-02-2009
Premium Member

icedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really nice

woah, nice touch up work gear.
Old 01-03-2009
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

did u replace the third brake bulb with anything brighter? mine just went out
Old 01-03-2009
Premium Member

i replaced it with the whole new LED piece from 2006+ civic EX coupe. its very bright and has 6 snapleds (red-orange) with focusing lens. but if thats too much trouble, get the raybrig hyper clear 7440 bulb, its almost 2x brighter than stock while using the normal 21w. im using them in my rear signals and reverse lights.

8thgen lamp needs to be glued in place. the shape is the same, but the mounting is different. i just used some silicone on the back side. if you want the clear lensed version with more superflux leds, get the new 06+ hybrid piece. this one is for ex coupe.

and the bulb if you want to keep it stock

Old 01-03-2009
Registered!!

kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

im guessing i cant get that bulb at kragens??
and should i use gloves when I touch that bulb?
Old 01-03-2009
Premium Member

i would always wipe any filament bulb with a cloth prior to installing, since it extends life. you can get the raybrig bulb online if you google it, or ebay too prolly.
Old 01-03-2009
Registered!!

thanks but i'll just get a random one at kragens/autozone cuz i dont wanna get pulled over because of it
Old 01-03-2009
Premium Member

pulled over? thats doubtful for having a brighter and safer bulb. its a clear bulb just brighter. the stock 7440 is one of the dimmest bulbs compared to other american sizes.
Old 01-03-2009
Registered!!

no i meant, pulled over for not having one in the first place, mine blew out
Old 01-03-2009
Premium Member

oh okay lol. its actually the law in almost every state that it reads you can have two or more brake lights. two is enough so i dont think you would get pulled unless one of the side brakelights is out.
Old 01-03-2009
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

agreed, most states wont ticket for no third brake light
Old 02-03-2009
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

hey gear do you know of any differences between the sedan years as far as the inside door handles? cuz i'm on hondaautomotiveparts.com the prices are different for the 01 than the 03 and i just wanted to make sure. thanks.
Old 02-04-2009
Registered!!

m3Lo1523 will become famous soon enoughm3Lo1523 will become famous soon enough

there are some little things ive been meaning to do, and i got most of it done finally. heres a quick story lol.

cleaned up my headlamp lenses, installed stock 168 bulbs and 7443 natural amber. also fixed my turn signal drl wiring.

and the DC jet coated header. im shocked it came back almost like new

Where can I find that DC sports header Gearbox? Cause the only one I can find online is for the EX... Can that fit my LX sedan?
Old 02-04-2009
Premium Member

only if you convert the entire exhaust system to EX (downpipe, cat, and catback, muffler). otherwise no its for ex only.
Old 02-04-2009
Registered!!

elementalchain is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks nice, especially the engine bay. By the way, where did you get the red hose things in your bay?
Old 02-04-2009
Registered!!

Batt2low is an unknown quantity at this point

Yo great looking ride . I was wondering how u cleaned up your headlights, did u replace or buy a lense cleaning kit. If you used a kit whats it called?
Old 02-04-2009
Premium Member

you can use a plastic polish like meguiars plast-x if its not too bad. im getting new headlights in a week so doesnt matter i guess lol.
Old 02-04-2009
Registered!!

m3Lo1523 will become famous soon enoughm3Lo1523 will become famous soon enough

Hey Gearbox... Does Greddy make sports headers for an es2 cause i'm thinking of getting the Evo2 catback!
Old 02-04-2009
Premium Member

pretty sure there are no greddy headers
Old 02-04-2009
Registered!!

RyuNyte has a spectacular aura aboutRyuNyte has a spectacular aura about

Yeah there arent any for our cars, you can do the Hp race header to hi flow cat to greddy evo2 exhaust, HONCIV02 did that set up.
Old 02-04-2009
Premium Member

i guess ill update this thread with more stuff in a week or so.
Old 02-04-2009
Registered!!

Topgeari4 is an unknown quantity at this point

looking good man
what tires do u have ?
Old 02-04-2009
Premium Member

right now fuzion HRi $50 each they suck but not too bad.
Old 02-04-2009
Registered!!

RyuNyte has a spectacular aura aboutRyuNyte has a spectacular aura about

right now fuzion HRi $50 each they suck but not too bad.
Get Yoko yk520 next, good tire =]
Old 02-04-2009
Premium Member

how much and where? are they quiet? thats my main concern, along with good traction.

Quick Reply: fixed up the ride a bit