Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

fixed up the ride a bit

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: fixed up the ride a bit

okay, first i was able to aim my lights to near perfect, the problem was the hotspots were merging together in the middle at 25+ft so i was able to fix that. now the beams point straight out and it looks like i have two mini flashlights for headlights ahaha

but WOW the turn signal drls with the polarg lens type bulbs in them are insanely bright. i have a feeling even in sunlight they will be visible. in the garage, the amber turn drl was brighter than my hi beams and when the park lights are on at night and i use the turn signal, the brightness is very very noticable. it hurts my eyes to look at. i also put a small led pnp bulb for the sidemarker that has four 5mm amber leds its also very bright from the side.

the retrofit made me feel bad, because i was blinding the crap out of people on a nightly basis.

um that ebay led, NO. you would need a heatsink the size of a brick. a 1w led is plenty, its roughly 35 lumens and puts out the same light as a normal 168 bulb (except its colored light). the one i got was 1w dorado from superbrightleds.com and the driver was the 1w 350ma from besthongkong.com and since the led is only 1w, a small heatsink is all you need. the driver makes sure it gets the right amount of power. the Vf is the forward voltage of the led. its the max amount of voltage you can give it for normal operation. so if you feed it 12v hooking it straight to the car, it will blow up in a second. as a general rule, 1w+ leds need constant current drivers. the standard resistors only work for 5mm leds and the square superflux style leds that run between 20ma-80ma each. still low enough that resistors (and a voltage regulator if you want) will be fine.

Last edited by gearbox; 02-10-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-10-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

haha i was just kidding with the 1000lm led though...

hahah but i WAS thinking of getting some 260LM cree(sp) led for my reverse and retroing them on.....because i cant really see at night when i reverse (stupid led reverse lights)
Old 02-10-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

get some raybrig hyper clear bulbs for reverse if you use 7440, its 2x brighter than stock. oh wait you have a coupe i think.
Old 02-10-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maverick_1337 will become famous soon enoughMaverick_1337 will become famous soon enough

where did you get the door sills? i cant find them anywhere...
Old 02-10-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

steve, ur the man.....just incase you didnt know that....

but yea, i have a coupe....
Old 02-11-2009
Premium Member

door sills are from overseas, indonesia honda-access dealer i think. its oem honda part for sedan only. a friend from these forums brought em back for me a long time ago.
Old 02-11-2009
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

hey steve you dont happen to have a part number for the door sills do you? thanks
Old 02-11-2009
Premium Member

no sorry it was on the package and i never kept it. theres a chance i have the instructions but prolly not. lemme dig... nope.
Old 02-12-2009
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

well thanks for checking steve!
Old 04-16-2009
Premium Member

bump bump. just painted my muffler back to its original non rusted appearance! using rustoleum 2000F hi temp flat black (looks more like grey, which is how the exhaust was when new). didnt bother with the piping for now. also sprayed around the sway bar area and rusted parts of the frame which covered up nicely

also just put on my JDM honda black emblem on the tezza grill. I got one more of the same size if anyone wants for $15 shipped. comes in original honda packaging. just cut off the pins in the back and it has double sided tape in the back. i think i like it, the grill doesnt look so bare now.

Last edited by gearbox; 06-19-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-16-2009
Premium Member

fixed some imperfections in the paint here and there, then freshly waxed with 3M performance finish

also cleaned up the engine bay (dusted stuff, redid some rusty ground connections, polished header, new air filter)

Name:  enginebaycleannew-01.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  60.0 KB
Old 04-16-2009
Registered!!

sethro is an unknown quantity at this point

Gear you ride looks clean especially like the color job on the muffler. BTW what the wires connecting the spark plug fasteners do?
Old 04-16-2009
Premium Member

ignition coil ground wires i copied the idea from similar products like the weapon-r ignition equalizer and sun auto systems. basically adding good grounds to the coil packs so that extra charge doesnt build up. idk if it does anything or not, but it couldnt hurt.

Small current is charged on the iron core of direct coil, slight leakage also occurs. Consequently, the direct coils are not performing as it is originally designed. D-Spark eliminates charging of current and leakage at the iron core. It stabilizes the difference of potential among each coil and maximizes the original performance. As a result it brings stronger spark. Installation: Just tighten with the bolt of fixing the coil, then affix the wire at a grounding point such as engine head and connect the other end with the battery negative terminal.

Old 04-17-2009
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

car is looking clean! and that does not look flat black at all. I was actually thinking of doing that to the underside of my car too... rust ftl..
Old 04-17-2009
Registered!!

civex03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Beautiful car Gear. I can't wait till the weather here in Indiana gets nicer so that I can do more work on my ride. Work as in cleaning it up in the ways that you have w/ yours. I am a detailed person as well and if I see the slightest imperfection somewhere, I want it fixed so it doesn't catch my eye anymore.

Great job again.
Old 04-17-2009
Registered!!

EezurpaiN is an unknown quantity at this point

You got yourself a new filter? Are you keeping the other as a backup?
Old 04-17-2009
Premium Member

yeah i have two of those weapon-R SW1 filters now. makes cleaning alot easier cause i dont have to wait all night for it to dry after rinse. just oiled the new one and popped it on, then cleaned the old one and put it away for next time.
Old 04-17-2009
Registered!!

EezurpaiN is an unknown quantity at this point

I hear ya. How much did you have to spend on the new one?
Old 04-17-2009
Premium Member

around $65 i think. got it from racinglab.com but these filters are so good they will last forever almost. its a dense foam material that you need a special cleaning kit for with sticky oil. and the design is the best, has a built in velocity stack to move the air faster than a pipe with no filter on it. filtration is really good too, i never find any dust in the pipe. it collects so much dirt that i have to clean it every 6 months cause performance starts to go down.
Old 04-20-2009
Registered!!

car's looking great gear...
Old 04-20-2009
Premium Member

took off the grill H emblem. it just wasnt looking right. i got some more parts ordered to fix up the interior coming soon.
Old 04-20-2009
Registered!!

sethro is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not take the stock emblem off your OEM grill and dremel some holes into your new grill then bolt it on. I'm pretty bad at any custom work but it might look good if done properly.
Old 04-20-2009
Premium Member

i tried but it didnt look good seeing the grill mesh from behind the emblem. maybe if there was a mount like on the si grill it may look better, but i think plain grill is cleaner.
Old 04-21-2009
Registered!!

amexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of lightamexicancarguy is a glorious beacon of light

I love your car!

How'd did you get your turn signals like that on the first page?
Old 04-21-2009
Premium Member

you can open up the headlights and remove the amber plastic inside so they are all chrome. then i added an orange bulb.
Old 04-21-2009
Premium Member

finally finished painting the rest of the exhaust and downpipe, then changed the oil (the filter almost wouldnt come off lol). drove around and took some pics.

Name:  02civspr09-4.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  54.1 KB

Name:  02civspr09-2.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  45.8 KB

Name:  02civspr09-7.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  50.3 KB

Last edited by gearbox; 04-21-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-22-2009
Registered!!

nice bro!
Old 04-23-2009
Premium Member

installed ES motor mount inserts (front mount only), then did oil and trans fluid change. car drives so smooth. the mount was torn so i think the bushings worked in fixing it. the exhaust no longer rattles and shivers and the car has a bit better acceleration from a stop. it does vibrate a tad at idle, but goes away as soon as you get moving (or put in neutral lol). a great mod overall.
Old 04-23-2009
Registered!!

thats great to know bro!
Old 04-24-2009
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

alot of nice work done gearbox. I''ve been contemplating putting the Honda emblem back on my car since i just replaced my regular grill for the altezza grill but im unsure of how it will look. Did you have any pics of your car with it attached at a distance?

Quick Reply: fixed up the ride a bit