Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

I Give Up.. omgwtf Someone Hit My Car!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: I give up...

Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d
i think an oem trade-in or sale by owner, and i cant say i blame u for quitting, i have been there so many times, like when i did my timing belt, and the car sat on jack stands for a week cuz i broke a bracket and sensor.... but u just gotta keep at it, but i can understand, it is frustrating... if u do trade in what are u gonna get in its place?
yea it sucked. I almost threw in the towel, you know? I dont have the money or patience or time to screw things up but I realize thats a part of modding. I sat back after a while and thought long and hard what to do you know? I have a game plan now. And man I have nooo idea what i'd trade it in for.. maybe ill get the same car but a 4-door? Maybe ill stray away from Honda.. or the whole import theme completely? maybe a lifted deisel truck lol.. i seriously have no clue. Id like to get a manual.. I guess I like feeling a little more in control of the car.. and automatic gets boring.. really fast. I duno yet.. Im on a budget thats for sure.. and im still making payments on my vic.. thats another thing.. so whatever I trade it in for, id like to keep the payments im paying now in the same range..
Old 11-18-2007
Registered!!

slowwhitecivic will become famous soon enough

i kinda giggle when i was reading through but i kinda feel the same way lol...but i didnt get it as bad as u lol
Old 11-18-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

lol gee thanks.. you make me feel all fuzzy inside
Old 11-18-2007
Registered!!

slowwhitecivic will become famous soon enough

i know right lol...i wish i can redo my car all over from scratch cuz i went through all kind of **** tryin to put it together lol
Old 11-18-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
yea it sucked. I almost threw in the towel, you know? I dont have the money or patience or time to screw things up but I realize thats a part of modding. I sat back after a while and thought long and hard what to do you know? I have a game plan now. And man I have nooo idea what i'd trade it in for.. maybe ill get the same car but a 4-door? Maybe ill stray away from Honda.. or the whole import theme completely? maybe a lifted deisel truck lol.. i seriously have no clue. Id like to get a manual.. I guess I like feeling a little more in control of the car.. and automatic gets boring.. really fast. I duno yet.. Im on a budget thats for sure.. and im still making payments on my vic.. thats another thing.. so whatever I trade it in for, id like to keep the payments im paying now in the same range..
i feel ya, i really do, but i just love my car so much, maybe its cuz its a manual, or maybe its cus i have 2, i dunno... i love my sedan, i really do, its fun, practical, and most of all, the back seats are usable when nessecary. however, turbo diesels are really fun, specially the new ford 6.4 twin turbo(i got a dually sideways with that motor) but i know what its like being on a budget, i dont make a lot of money, i mean i get by, i have two cars and a house to pay for each month, so its pretty much save up everytime i want something for my baby, either that or wait for birthdays/holidays.. i know our cars arent super modifiable, but i love it nonetheless. if ur trading in, it will be difficult to keep your payments the same, especially if ur car is worth less than what u owe on it... which sucks, but dont let the dealer screw you on value, honda's are highly desirable, so they are worth more than what they want to give u, if u trade, tell them u want a rediculous amount for it, they will likely offer you more for it... trust me i know, i work for a ford dealership(they bought a pos tiburon with a horrible body kit, and are asking 10k for it). dont stray from honda, they are just too reliable, and hold their value better than 95% of other cars on the road, but maybe im just biased
Old 11-18-2007
This is Myspace

thats another thing. my car is reliable and overall a decent car. Good on gas and what not, and it doesnt look that bad. I just feel like its missing something. Im paying for rent, and my car, insurance, food and other random bills.. plus school.. soo its not like i have that much to put into my car.. i havnt even had the chance to buy wheels and ive owned the car for 3 years now almost. but now.. we'll see.. im sure i can handle it now. i just need to chill..
Old 11-18-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Old 11-18-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

yep, just take things one day at a time, put away a couple dollars here and there, and ull have rims in no time, its what we all have to do, i love modding my car, and ull grow to love it too, a few snags are to be expected, otherwise it wouldnt be fun, just ask clint, hell tell u all about snags
Old 11-18-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

Triz....where do you find that **** man! lmao!
Old 11-19-2007
Registered!!

colourwolf will become famous soon enough

ok...want to hear my story?

so far i have 2 mods...(kinda) AEM SRI and REVO SS

Took 3 people and 8 hrs to install a god damn SRI....all because the bolts are either strip or rust.

Revo SS.. stuipd bolts again.....4 bolts are holding the stock shifter on the floor, they are all stucked and i tried to force it out and one of the bolt slap.....and i still cant get it out....the SS have been in my trunk for half year now.....

just want to say, if you like modding ur car, then dont give up, **** happens, but it will get better and beterr cuz you learn from ur mistakes.
Old 11-19-2007
Registered!!

blackonblack has a spectacular aura aboutblackonblack has a spectacular aura about

air tools FTMW!
Old 11-19-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Jose I have a response that I'll type later. Glad I missed the flame fest. "All we need is love" Everybody now, not just John, Paul, George, and Ringo!!

I don't want much of anything for the stock stuff. Probably just the cost of shipping.
Old 11-19-2007
This is Myspace

pm me and we'll work something out... lemme know what i can help you with or how much ud want..

new day today.. no more flaming.. all we need is love..yayy
Old 11-19-2007
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry bout before man, it was a bit rude on my part, but you still could have had a slightly better handle on things.

By the way, a frustration story of mine

got my suspension, read the DIY, got to work..first strut up front, bolt is stuck. Didnt have a breaker bar (this is why tools are important), went at it with a ratchet. Broke it. Went to the store, got a craftsman one, broke that too. Returned it to the store, got a 3rd, that one snapped as well. I ended up taking the car to a shop and paying 125 to get the work done. I was there from 4 to 10..they got to work at 4:15, and ended up torching the bolt that was stuck for 1.5 hours before it came out. The rest of the stuff was smooth, so yea ive had frustrations too. My discolored rear bumper, input shaft bearing, and so on and so forth. Motor mount inserts took 2 hours to get in because I couldnt get the mount and **** to line up again. My dumbass ebay intake the only braket that actually sort of lined up, it broke in 2 days. I couldnt even pop my hood at shows cause it was all held with zip ties. My car is generally a pain to work on, every time Ive done anything its taken about 2-4x longer than needed, and shops have always had trouble on it as well for the stuff I didnt tackle myself. Plus every time I change the oil, I end up getting hot oil all over my arm cause the filter is in the worst place possible.
Old 11-19-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ultimatetuner10
Motor mount inserts took 2 hours to get in because I couldnt get the mount and **** to line up again. Plus every time I change the oil, I end up getting hot oil all over my arm cause the filter is in the worst place possible.
Dude tell me about it. And 1 hour and 45 minutes of that was spent on the back mount right? As far as the oil goes though, don't wear your skirt when you change the oil...
Old 11-19-2007
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Dude tell me about it. And 1 hour and 45 minutes of that was spent on the back mount right? As far as the oil goes though, don't wear your skirt when you change the oil...
lol, and yes it was the rear mount...thing is so weird shaped and a general pain in the *** to put back in...I had a jack to move the motor up and down, well i was constantly adjusting it from the front of the car, getting back under it, and finding out that i dont have it properly aligned...

that and the bushings wouldnt fit in properly I had to press them in and they kept popping back out every time i went to readjust the jack

edit: the sad thing is the inserts did nothing at all except make my car louder inside, and vibrate like *** when the ac is on
Old 11-19-2007
This is Myspace

no worries..everybody can always handle things better...

that stuff sounds like a PITA... I have a feeling changing my timing belt is going to suck pretty bad. I got my hands on a ton of new tools and a few specialty tools along with a nice box for FREE this past weekend.. so that should help. we'll see what happens..
Old 11-19-2007
Technical Assistant

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
no worries..everybody can always handle things better...

that stuff sounds like a PITA... I have a feeling changing my timing belt is going to suck pretty bad. I got my hands on a ton of new tools and a few specialty tools along with a nice box for FREE this past weekend.. so that should help. we'll see what happens..
Id never do a timing belt on my own...id probbably **** up like 6 things on 20 different levels
Old 11-19-2007
Banned

its really not that hard, its time consuming, but not very hard, no biggie
Old 11-19-2007
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough

Not sure if this was mentioned, I don't feel like reading 8 pages of what appeared to be some ranting. You mentioned the header looking like crap, why not wrap some header tape around it, http://www.aargear.com/index.asp?Pag...PROD&ProdID=72 or http://www.alamomotorsports.com/ther...alexhaust.html It would be semi functional and it wouldn't look all tarnished and what not. Just a suggestion do with it what you will, if this idea was already mentioned then just ignore this.

Later
Old 11-19-2007
This is Myspace

hmm..... you know thats really not that bad of an idea.. im going to try and get the stock intake box thing from speedfoos.. but maybe i should keep the header on? and maybe wrap it with some black exhaust wrap......that really doesnt sound too bad.. any thoughts on this?? thanks joe
Old 11-19-2007
Banned

ive heard mixed things about exhaust wrap, some say its great, some say itll create too much heat on ur header and make it explode(for lack of better term), i really want to do it, but i want to know before i do it
Old 11-19-2007
This is Myspace

yea... well the OBX header I have has held up pretty damn good.. the welds look superb on it.. compared to a few other brands ive seen, and it shows no sign of cracking... but.. i duno. how much heat would the wrap insultate... would it be enough to take the welds and metal past its breaking point??

dont u have a Kamikaze header? that thing is built like a tank.. i doubt the wrap would cause damage to that thing.
Old 11-19-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if you have $120, send it to jet-hot.com, it will pretty much look like this for many years to come. and it keeps heat in like crazy. after driving around, i can put my hand less than an inch away and barely feels warm. and it looks amazing, this is sterling coating. it looks the same after 4 months of driving and i havent even wiped it once.

Last edited by gearbox; 11-19-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-19-2007
This is Myspace

meh.. id rather have it goldish looking..

the only reason mine looks like crap is because of this:

i installed it at school and had the car on a lift, i went to lunch n left it up there. when i came back some kid was scrubbing the floors and hosing them down. i told him i had to finish and he handed me the hose.. i continued washing under the lift and told a friend of mine to turn the car on so i can check for leaks with that shitty donut gasket i had in... then when the car was being lowered back down, i had dropped the dam hose and it sprayed all underneath the car UPWARDS.. going all over the header.. i figured this wasnt a big deal at all.... water.. header? whats the big deal... so i never cleaned it off or anything.. that and driving home in the rain i guess.. put a **** ton of spots all over my header and it eventually got...BRANDED???? and left permanent **** marks all over the header.. so itd be cool fi it was purplish/goldish.. but its spotted and just looks rotten.

yea im an idiot lol but its noted!
Old 11-19-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

have you tried metal polish?
Old 11-19-2007
This is Myspace

queso??

EDIT: that means whats that or cheese.... lol
Old 11-19-2007
Banned

queso just means cheese... que es means whats that
Old 11-19-2007
This is Myspace

you're a clever one... es un yoke homie!!

inside joke with some friends.. thats why i edited
Old 11-19-2007
Banned

ahh, i speak spanish, so i had to throw that in there, im an ***

Quick Reply: I Give Up.. omgwtf Someone Hit My Car!!