Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

I Give Up.. omgwtf Someone Hit My Car!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I Give Up.. omgwtf Someone Hit My Car!!

sorry man, that really sucks. how bad is the damage? you do seem to have all of the worst s!ht happen to you. maybe you should give a few days, buy a lottery ticket, and see if you luck turns around. if it does, then you will be one happy SOB, but if it doesn't you are only out a buck or two.
Old 11-29-2007
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

that sucks man.. **** happens just gotta keep ur head up!
Old 11-29-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

im starting to wonder if you should just leave the car alone lol. bad stuff seems to be attracted to it.
Old 11-29-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

me......too.
Old 11-29-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

this is the same thing that happened to my old car. it got window broken, stereo stolen, they pulled out the speaker wires from the whole car, i got hit while driving, while at work and it was parked, bumper was held up with wire ties after that, paint kept coming off for no reason, and the windshield looked like it was hit by a sand storm. drove around 3yrs in that pos and when i first got it i was excited to get it fixed up, but one thing after another happened and i decided to just let it go. every time i would fix something, like get a new taillight, something else would get broken.
Old 11-29-2007
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

yea i think some cars have bad luck.. when i first got my car, there was a scratch on the passenger side, a scratch on the glove compartment, and the arm rest would not close. dealer fixed it all but should've know it was just the start. 2 weeks later, someone leaves a big *** dent in my front bumper. i just popped it out but the paint was chipping. the next year a guy cuts into my lane and ****s up my passenger side fender, front bumper, and headlights. left it lilke that. then a couple of months after that, i get rear ended and sandwiched inbetween two cars. gave me back problems and the guy was underinsured! some of the repair bill came out of my own wallet. had to take it to somewhere cheap. the paint job is horrible, already starting to chip, and the trunk isnt aligned right. then the other day an old woman coming out of a cvs rams right into me, as if i wasnt there! if i hadnt acclerated and swerved onto the oncoming lane, it wouldve been much worse.

tranny is dying. a rock shatterred the drivers side window... imagine if i had my window down..and there were so many instances where if i hadnt sped up or hit the brakes hard, i wouldve been slammed into a wall. it seems like they're after me!

so i know how u feel. i wanna get rid of my car. anytakers?
Old 11-29-2007
Premium Member

yea ive had my fair share of close calls, due to people having no clue how to drive. its like their brain flies away for a while. the best was in my civic, i was going to home depot to buy a heat gun for my dynamat install, i was kinda in a hurry which didnt matter, but i came up to a red light and went to the right turn lane, then stopped to wait for cross traffic. i look behind me and this old pos car comes up behind me and also stops. next thing i know a few seconds later, bang, she hits my car. wtf. shes like oh i didnt see you there! haha. blind maybe? and last night some douchetard cuts in front of me as im getting into the turn lane. he had already stopped in the straight lane, then decides oh wait im gonna turn here, who cares if someone else behind me is too.
Old 11-29-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

you want to know whats worse...

right now im in the process of re-instating my insurance policy, so as of right now and until the end of the week, I have no insurance. So I cant file as a hit-and-run. And even if I did have insurance, I wouldnt be able to file anything, because I dont have full coverage. I have liability and bodily injury.. So either way its out of my damn pocket.... sdjgahsdg

It never stops man.. and I was in the works of talking to the dealership about trading it in.. FINALLY! Do you think they want the car in this condition now? Do u know how much damage this is?? Its un-be-****ing-lievable!!!

Pics of disaster:

Old 11-29-2007
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

How the hell did that go down? I bet some dumbass in a pickup/suv that had a retarded bumper/brush guard did that. That really sucks man. I hope **** works out.
Old 11-29-2007
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

holy ****. i can't believe someone would drive away after doing something like that. sorry man.
Old 11-29-2007
Premium Member

wtf its cause nobody cares anymore. they just run away
Old 11-29-2007
This is Myspace

yea..people don't understand. I was at school today talking to the guys at lunch about it and i'm like man.. I cant believe they just left like that. no name, no number, not even an im sorry note.. they just took off after that and look how ****ed up it is.. and u know wat they all said..

"****.. i wouldve left too, f*** that..."

people suck.. whatever though.. im going to have to deal with it.. I dont have 2000 bucks saved for paint and body work somewhere.. im going to try n see if i can borrow money from my rents to fix all this crap..and even that wont be till income tax time.. whatever... Im just going to wait till I can borrow some money and get the whole car fixed and repainted all at one time.. No other choice..
Old 11-29-2007
Registered!!

slowwhitecivic will become famous soon enough

i think u and me have the same bad luck wit our cars lol...**** just happen one after another
Old 11-29-2007
Registered!!

d5685090 is an unknown quantity at this point

...ur right.. mufflers dont add any horsepower.. neither does any of the other **** liek intakes and headers that people put on.. [quote] headers dont produce power but they do take away alot of back pressure at higher revs and thus lets u pull faster at high speeds, remember the engine already has a set amount of power, all u have to do is let it out.
Old 11-29-2007
Premium Member

this is why ive given up when stuff like this happens, like the hail damage all over the top of my car, hood got the worst dents all over, some on the roof, and the trunk which i paid so much to get all shaved and clean. but who knows, what if i get it all fixed, and then it hails again. screw it.
Old 11-29-2007
This is Myspace

talked to my mum n she askd mew how much fixing ALL the exterior stuff and painting the car would cost... anybody know? i guessed around 2500..
Old 11-29-2007
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Is it just me or does it look like they hit your car twice? Cuz if it was one there would be just one swipe of damage....But it looks like were backing out, and they hit it first on the door handle, and then pulled forward to try again, and then ****ed up the rest of it. Damn that's gotta hurt.
Old 11-29-2007
Premium Member

a quality paint job can cost 5-6k, cheap job around 1-2k but prolly fine for a civic. just make sure its a reputable body shop and then go get an estimate. it will never be like factory paint tho, idk. it will look similar but its alot harder to damage like if you drop a tool it will scrape all the paint off instead of just scratching it. but idk, go get some estimates is the only way to know.
Old 11-29-2007
This is Myspace

5-6k what... i think my heart just stopped working for a sec..

hold on..

ok.....well thats great news. what should i do guys.. my only solution at this point is to stop and wait.. im seriously just.. done.. just stopped and waiting.. i have no idea wat to do..
Old 11-30-2007
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

My advice is if you want a good paint job, you best learns you some body work. That and the prep work for a paintjob is the bulk of what you'd be paying.
Old 11-30-2007
Premium Member

how about pay the shop to fix the dents, then prep and paint the car yourself? like that one guy did here. all you do is sand it down, primer it, paint, and clear coat. just make sure you find a good area to do it at and buy some professional quality clear coat, the kind you have to mix first. or since your car is accident prone, make it maaco for $500 lol. i think if you prep the car first yourself, it may actually turn out pretty nice. theyre just lazy there and dont do much prepping which is why it sucks.
Old 11-30-2007
This is Myspace

i cant paint a car.. I have no idea where to even start with that. I have no experience at all. The most ive painted were my headlights.. but a whole car!? I dont know the first thing to do when it comes to painting a car.. and I really dont want to go to macco..
Old 11-30-2007
Premium Member

my dad painted my brothers car once, but it turned out terrible because we didnt do any prep work except wash the car lol. so if you do all the hard work like sanding and primer, then you can take it to maaco and have them spray the paint and clear. i think it would hold up well. they know how to spray, just not how to prep.
Old 11-30-2007
This is Myspace

...hm.. u think so.. i talked to a kid today at school who knows how to paint.. he painted his old school impalla before and it came out gorgeous..
Old 12-01-2007
Look at me im a supporting member

civicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nice

ask him how much he would charge
Old 12-01-2007
Registered!!

civicarina will become famous soon enoughcivicarina will become famous soon enough

Damn .. sorry to hear abt that bro !

I say sell the car man ... get another one .. if u can afford payments get something nicer ... if not get something older with lower mileage... like a 99 Si or something ....
Old 12-02-2007
Premium Member

why so it gets stolen instead of banged up?
Old 12-02-2007
7th gen old timer.

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute

yea thats the worst idea ever... i had to get rid of my gsr after the countless theft attempts. and shortly after it was stolen and crashed. oh well...
Old 12-02-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Chin up man. This sucks but a little elbow grease and some Bondo can see you through this. I'm not going to lie though. The damage is bad given the creases and location of it. You may be able to salvage the door, and you may not.

You'll have to get behind the door skin and massage the skin back out as close as you can to the stock line. This will mean disassembling pretty much the whole door (trim, glass, etc..) and it will probably be best to work from inside the car so the you have some leverage against the closed door. You should be able to get the body lines and handle close to their stock location.

Same thing with that rear quarter panel. Honda body panels are thin and will flex back to their stock shape (close to it anyway). IMO, do not/not use a dent puller if at all possible. Work from the back side pushing the metal back to its proper shape. Use either a body spoon or if all else fails the round head of a small crowbar. No banging, just using the tool to try and massage it back into shape.

From here, get some good body putty, a tin of finishing skimmer, some paint stripper and a bunch of sand paper (120-1600 grit), some Rustoleum primer, masking tape and trash bags, some Honda SSM-flavored spray paint and some clear coat.

Apply the stripper to the area where you will need to use the Bondo. You need all the paint gone from this area. Then smooth out the transition areas from the stripped so you can primer that area and feather the surrounding factory paint. Apply your Bondo, let it set up for about 30 minutes and then use the 120 grit to get the lines and shape right. Once you get that done (it may take a few applications), use the skimming putty to fill the pinholes. Prime the are you repaired, sand it, prime again, sand, then paint with color, sand (wet 1600 grit), paint, sand, paint, sand, clear, sand, clear, sand, clear.

Probably take you two days, outside, in decent (+60 degrees) weather. It won't be perfect but it's a damn sight better than rolling busted like that or taking out a loan to fix it right now.
Old 12-02-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

clint to the rescue, some good info, u should make a diy

Quick Reply: I Give Up.. omgwtf Someone Hit My Car!!