Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

I Give Up.. omgwtf Someone Hit My Car!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
Re: I give up...

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
who the **** said i blacked out.. "H.I.D. projector housings". YOUre stupid.. i blacked out my normal OEM headlights.. they are yellow looking (the lens) because of the hazing on the top from whatever reason.. it just looks ugly.
I assumed you had projector housings because it's been discussed many times how dangerous and annoying it is to be driving on the road towards someone that cheaps out on a H.I.D. kit and doesn't use projector housings.

do u really have to pick out every little thing and act liek your helping me not.. because u really arnt and i never asked for advice on what should i do about my lx emblem.
Just trying to help dude.

I did have them pony up the dough... since i dont have insurance for damages on my car, i had to find somewhere to get these things done.. the place i got it for..charged me the 600$ to do so.. and it was a shitty job.. i had them do it again..and it wasnt any better..thats all they could do because apparently SSM paint in florida (because of the sun) can never be matched perfectly.. or so they said and would not do anything about it. i have no more money to do it over..
You should demand that they keep doing it until it's right or pay to have it done at a shop that will actually deliver what they promise. If you pay the money and they don't do it properly, talk to the Better Business Bureau and the media, don't put up with that.

I dont understand why you talk to me like im stupid..who the **** do u think u are??
I didn't mean to give you the impression I thought you were stupid.

i wont be annoyed by the sound.. ive heard it before.. i got a RESONATOR thats worth 160$ alone and a muffler that was about $300...i got them both for $150 brand new in the box... could i pass up a deal like that.. ...ur right.. mufflers dont add any horsepower.. neither does any of the other **** liek intakes and headers that people put on.. but like i said.. CUSTOM PIPING and id have a full catback.. wich i wouldve liked.. and it wouldve been brand new.. u think im that dumb to put JUST a muffler on? please.
Well......you did put something on your engine that melted.

I replied to some of your comments, not to argue with you, but to explain how they were meant more to help you instead of make you feel stupid.....except for the projectors, that's terrible. But the other comments were helpful, a lot of people don't know they can just get the LX emblems off and purchase new ones from the dealership. And if you search you'll probably find a lot of threads asking for tips on how to do it. My advice, if you want it, would be to spend your money finishing jobs you've already started instead of moving on to new ones. If you got some money, install parts you already have instead of buying new ones, the install is most of the fun. And if you really want my advice, which it sounds like you don't, feel free to message or email someone who's been though all of this before and spent countless hours under my car with a flashlight reading through greasy papers I printed off the internet......me. Anyway, take it for what it's worth bro, I wasn't arguing with you.
Old 10-08-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i feel you, i got so pissed every time i modded something and it didnt work, and when i actually got it installed right i didnt even care i was just happy nothing else went wrong. alot of times it gets to the point where you just need to stop and take a break. switch interests, go watch some movies, whatever, make a list of all the crap that bothers you about your car. then slowly, start to fix them one at a time, using cheap means like ebay parts, make friends with body shop guys, etc. i have thrown out hundreds of hours and $ on my car, and you cant just say its a waste just cause nothing ever works, or doesnt go the way you thought. you still know alot more than most people about modding, and this is stuff you can fix. but you also have to know the limit to your abilities. like realizing that changing a cam gear in the parking lot prolly isnt gonna work. do the things youre good at, and let other people do the things youre not. i sure wasnt even gonna try to install new shocks that took the best shop in town two days to do because of problems with bolts, stuck parts, etc. i wouldve thrown a fit if that happened when i was doing it lol. bottom line, cars are problem factories. there is so much that can go wrong that the odds are already against you. so just make a list, put stars by the most important things, and take care of them over time. almost nobody here has tons of money, heck i dont have more than a couple hundred in the bank at any given time. most of us got where we were over time, doing one thing at a time, selling old stuff, getting new stuff, and seeing what works.

i can already give you some solutions. headlight haze, go get some plastX and some towels, if youre really wanting to get it perfect, goto sears and get a random orbit polisher for $20 and use that with extension cord to shine it up. now you have good headlights again. header, send it to jet-hot.com for $120. well worth it, it will stay new for many years even if you spill oil on it. emblems just take it off. fix your body parts, and get the whole car repainted. it doesnt have to be a super expensive job, but expect to pay at least 1-2k. make friends, maybe they will do it for alot cheaper. you will like it much more and be careful if it looks like a new car again. there was a time when my car was so beat up with crap falling off, big gaps, whatever and i said this needs to get fixed. i still have some mismatch paint, hail damage all over the hood and roof, but you cant have a perfect car. stuff always happens. i couldve had insurance fix the hail damage for $5k, and then a week later it couldve happened again. so some things you just gotta deal with. not all of us are lucky to have garages and money to fix everything that goes wrong.

Last edited by gearbox; 10-08-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-08-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ Werd. Elbow grease and determination only go so far. You gotta have the green sometimes. I need to move back to the states so I can actually help folks instead of just giving advice on what to do.

Chin up brother!
Old 10-08-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

word.. i get what you all are saying.. i guess ive just been frustrate with school and finding a job and what not.. Mralbino ill keep all that in mind... how do ur blacked out heads look? pics? thanks Gearbox i see what you mean as well...

i woke up this morning with my first bruise ever on my palm.. im not complaining that i got a little itty bitty bruise.. but the fact that its actually on my PALM.. i didnt eve know u could get a "bruise" there...and its got like.. red lines going up and down it form the wrench i guess.. and then when i got all the grease off my arms and face and stomach (?) i found all sorts of cuts and gashes and bruises.. im just going to chill and then go back at it next weekend.. i think im going to sell that rear upper strut bar.. i dont think i have use for it..

foos ill ship out that VC as soon as i get a chance.. i will let u know.

im starting to think that if i jack up my car.. wouldnt that take off stress from the sway bar? maybe that has somehting to do with that nut coming loose.. i just need to break it loose.. ill shove the allen key in there once i crack it.. but up until then.. NOTHING is working.. its soaked in pb blaster and wd-40 AND liquid wrench...ive used my wratchet wrench (craftsman) and a regular ratchet and socket WITH pipe at the end for leverage and it feels like im tightening it or somerthing cuz it is NOT budging.. not even a little.. its more like im just moving it.. u can see the whole endlink move a little.. its crazy! and i know its lefty-loosey righty-tighty so.. im about 110% sure im not tightening it... any more ideas?!
Old 10-08-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

In addition to jacking up the rear have you tried jacking up both rear wheels it might also help relieve tension Idk.
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

mugenpower89 can only hope to improve
Smile Re: I give up...

dude...get sum brake fluid on a rag and gently wipe the leb=nse it will clear up the hazing..or buy angel eye projectors and solve the problem completely..and yes any big muffler thing sounds like crap on an auto..headers do add power an d so do intakes but not those crappy wal-mart type items u seem to have..sell the muffler and res can, fix ur headlights, and sell ur springs save a bit more money and paint the damn thing..n i dont think im God with hondas im just tryen 2 help since ive had 4 and work on them for a living..
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

another thing..get rid of the emblems all 2gether just say ur debadging it if any1 asks, and my front lips always crack whether its from rocks, animals, or just bad parking..anyways just have patience man and make friends like other ppl have sed..
Old 10-08-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mugenpower89
dude...get sum brake fluid on a rag and gently wipe the leb=nse it will clear up the hazing..or buy angel eye projectors and solve the problem completely..and yes any big muffler thing sounds like crap on an auto..headers do add power an d so do intakes but not those crappy wal-mart type items u seem to have..sell the muffler and res can, fix ur headlights, and sell ur springs save a bit more money and paint the damn thing..n i dont think im God with hondas im just tryen 2 help since ive had 4 and work on them for a living..
yea buy angel eye projectors and have shitty yellow lighting.. thats right.. no ill stick with oem.. ill get a new set whenever the money comes around.. blacked out heads > black angel eye projectors anyday. any big muffler thing sounds like crap on an auto? its not any big muffler thing.. i dont even know what that is.. if i can get someone to do my piping, it will be a full cat-back and ive heard it before..yes..the same setup and it sounds great to me.. nice mellow deep tone and not ricey at all... even if its an auto who cares.. im not trying to impress other people.. headers and intakes DO NOT add power to our d17s.. maybe 4-7 whp IF THAT.. i got them for the looks and the nice sound they gave me..and what crappy walmart items are u talking about? a magnaflow reso and muffler? the injen cold air? the ground control coilovers? the rsx rear sway? please..educate me on what i bought from wal-mart.. apparently u do think ur god.. ur another one that can GTFO my thread.
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Sweet! DsevenEm2 is regulating. I think the rest of us need to mount up.

Old 10-08-2007
This is Myspace

f'in right i am.. :P
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

man thats what hyper-white bulbs are for...and forget ur black covers..u sed u had a cheap intake so im just using the wal-mart thing as an expression..shyt man..lol im not knocking the quality on any of ur stuff and d17's arent my thing anyways im a JDM B-series man really but either way im not sayin they're gonna add a hundred horse but they about add 10-20 combined..
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
Talking Re: I give up...

d17's arent my thing anyways im a JDM B-series man really but either way im not sayin they're gonna add a hundred horse but they about add 10-20 combined..
No they do not!

a mechanic huh? STFU or GTFO!

Old 10-08-2007

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Nice to have you back Alpha!
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

^^^^I did it just for you.
Old 10-08-2007

Thanks Alpha

Bye the way Dseven If you plain on taking this 18 year old master mechanics advice about the break fluid idea make sure you don't get any on the cars paint it will damage it.
Old 10-08-2007
This is Myspace

man thats what hyper-white bulbs are for...and forget ur black covers..u sed u had a cheap intake so im just using the wal-mart thing as an expression..shyt man..lol im not knocking the quality on any of ur stuff and d17's arent my thing anyways im a JDM B-series man really but either way im not sayin they're gonna add a hundred horse but they about add 10-20 combined..
hyper white bulbs eh? projectors will still suck kid! and walmart doesnt sell intakes (i checked) and what black covers wtf is it with people like assuming and saying the dumbest **** ever... BLACKED OUT HEADS = HEADLIGHT HOUSINGS PAINTED BLACK..ON THE INSIDE!!! if d17s arnt ur thing then dont say anything about what makes power and what doesnt and EITHER WAY no they dont add about 10-20 combined... not even on ur JDM B SERIES... your a joke..
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

i just read through the entire thread and just like everyone else - i feel for you. stuff always seems to happen every time i go to do something else to my car too. things will get better, like foos said, "chin up".

PS - way to regulate on the idiots ftmfw.
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

I do understand where your coming from but u cant give up...u can take a break? lol that'd make more sense, save some money and get right back it...i just got 6 stitches yesterday for working on my car so i kno what its like...
Old 10-09-2007
Registered!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi7UUJ6cwLQ[/youtube]
Old 10-09-2007
Registered!!

Mralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to behold

hmmm once... again, didn't feel like reading everything... But have you tryed jacking up the car to relieve some of the tension for the sway bar? i couldn't install my EX sway bar, until i jacked up the car... then it just slid right in.

i apologize if it's been cover... just too lazy to read.
Old 10-09-2007
This is Myspace

nah hasnt been covered but i asked that question... its not so much that i have to slip on the sway bar.. its that the nuts on the original sway wont come off.. well at least the passenger side.. anyway i just found a deal from someone else.. im going to take everyones advice and take it one step at time.. i took a step back and wrote down everything i DONT like about my car and things i need to take care of.. step one: FIX MY CRAPPY HEADLIGHTS... so im in the process of shipping out my rsx rear sway and megan rear strut bar for a pair of mint condition oem headlights.. i can pick up a rear sway anytime.. and the rear strut bar i dont think i want anyway.. i just dont have the patience for these lol
Old 10-09-2007
This is Myspace

Mr plenty and honciv02 yea thats what ive come up to.. im not giving up.. im in the process of rethinking things..im going to get my headlight situation straightened out.. then hopefully a new grill which is what.. 30 bucks on ebay.. and right after than im going to focus on getting my fender/bumper/hood/trunk repainted... somehow.. what does everyone think about doing it myself.. i dont have any paint spraying tools..but can it be done? i heard honda sells ssm paint in cans.. or some company does.. is it possible? if its just the fender i want to paint?
Old 10-10-2007

You can rattle-can it as long as you do the normal prep and finish work (sand, body work, prime, paint, sand, paint, sand, paint, sand, paint, sand, clear, sand, clear, sand, clear). Just take your time and do several light coats, with a wet sand in between each fully dry coat.
Old 10-10-2007
Registered!!

susuking is on a distinguished road

if you plan on using rattle-can. make sure u buy one of those snap on spray for the can... or else your finger gona go crazy pressing that damn can
Old 10-10-2007
This is Myspace

orr...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-02...spagenameZWD1V
Old 10-10-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

and for the clear coat, use the speed clear from alsacorp.com, its the real stuff and will look just like a body shop paint job. you have to break the seal on the bottom of the can to activate it and then mix the harneder together. then it has to be used within 6 hrs i believe. so get a few cans of that.

and yea, nothing wrong with diy, you can try it out and worst that happens is it looks terrible and you can have a shop respray them later. but im sure it will look better than it does now.
Old 10-10-2007

Or yeah, drop a $100 and get one that's perfect. All depends on your pocketbook man.
Old 10-11-2007
Registered!!

Mralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to behold

If you already have the fender... then i would just get it professionally painted... I bought the SSM spray paint from www.paintscratch.com and it turned out "ok"... It works good on little stuff but it won't look right on a whole fender. Plus i spend like $40 on the Paint and Clearcoat... So just to be safe i would get it professionally painted.
Old 10-11-2007
This is Myspace

true... i might just drop that 150 for that already painted fender...that aint that bad of a price..at all.
Old 11-18-2007
Premium Member

progress pics?

Quick Reply: I Give Up.. omgwtf Someone Hit My Car!!