Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

I Give Up.. omgwtf Someone Hit My Car!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down I Give Up.. omgwtf Someone Hit My Car!!

Update on page... 7 or something.. I havnt given up yet.. new plans!!

Another update on page 13... I thought this job would be easy? What gives? Why does my car give me so much grief! LOL I love it..

Rant:

I quit.. im done.. its over. I suck at doing anything to my car. I wish I could start allll over from the beginning.. no stupid accidents.. no dents, different color fenders..cheap intakes, stupid header, everything. I just wish I could start from scratch.. I spent about....3289651287517 hours today trying to put on this stupid rsx rear sway and it was impossible.. i even had people come and help me, i could not figure out what i was doing wrong.. i checked different forums, searched and i was doing eveyrthing right.. i couldnt even get the stupid rear strut bar in because even that was a pain in the ***.. i got me a nice shiny header a while ago, and at first it was nice and gold..now its the ugliest stained header in the WORLD... i drove home after i put it on and it was raining and water drops got on it and stained it for good...then last week i got into another accident and FINALLY it was MY fault.. so now my bumper looks like ****.. on top of the stupid fender next to it...and my tezza gril got ripped off with the nice little H mini-mod i did... and my blacked out heads.. look yellow.. SO THEY LOOK STUPID! plus my rear bumper has an lx on it instead of ex because a family memebr borrowed my car and ****ing got rear ended, and my trunk is a different color, because another family memeber got that dented and i got that painted along with my ****ing front fender..and now at least THEY match.......my intake knocks againt some module thing next to the passenger strut... so i decide to put some foamy seal thing behind it so when it knocked, u couldnt hear it.. i guess it got hot or somethign and fell off and theres guey black sticky melted **** in different parts of my bay...plus i have coilovers in my room that i havnt put on becasue i dont know how and im too much of an idiot to do it myself and **** it up... and i have a beautiful magnaflow muffler and reso in my closet that i havnt got on because i dont have the 150 for a welder.. because of school and a house.. and bills....on top of that..instead an automatic and im sick of it. no power, no money to make even a little power, ugly exterior = one sad Jose ::sigh::

i dont want to mod my car anymore.. i really dont think this is the time to be doing anything to my car..at all.. im just going to leave it how it is and maybe ill run into some money or brains somewhere along the line.. good luck to the rest of u who somehow seem to know what ur doing and can make ur cars beautiful.. maybe someday when im old as **** and the em2 is out of style, ill come back.. i tried.. i really did.. but i have to give up..

/rant

Last edited by DsevenEm2; 03-16-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-07-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I give up...

Thats sad and funny at the same time.
If I lived near you I would come over and give you a hand with all the installs but I'm not so that isn't going to help ****.
There must be someone on this sight that lives near you that can help you out?
Old 10-07-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
Rant:

I quit.. im done.. its over. I suck at doing anything to my car. I wish I could start allll over from the beginning.. no stupid accidents.. no dents, different color fenders..cheap intakes, stupid header, everything. I just wish I could start from scratch.. I spent about....3289651287517 hours today trying to put on this stupid rsx rear sway and it was impossible.. i even had people come and help me, i could not figure out what i was doing wrong.. i checked different forums, searched and i was doing eveyrthing right.. i couldnt even get the stupid rear strut bar in because even that was a pain in the ***..
Search for a D.I.Y. I don't think you're the only one on the continent to have [QUOTE=DsevenEm2;4248495]this problem. Always have a plan of attach prior to removing anything from your car.

i got me a nice shiny header a while ago, and at first it was nice and gold..now its the ugliest stained header in the WORLD... i drove home after i put it on and it was raining and water drops got on it and stained it for good...
Headers change colour, that's common sense. Don't you have any friends that put headers on their cars? What kind of metal is it made out of?

then last week i got into another accident and FINALLY it was MY fault.. so now my bumper looks like ****.. on top of the stupid fender next to it...and my tezza gril got ripped off with the nice little H mini-mod i did...
Wouldn't your insurance company pay to have this fixed with your deductable?

and my blacked out heads.. look yellow.. SO THEY LOOK STUPID!
You blacked out a H.I.D. projector housing? That was stupid. And if they're not projectors, that's more stupid.

plus my rear bumper has an lx on it instead of ex because a family memebr borrowed my car and ****ing got rear ended,
Take the LX off and put on a EX.

and my trunk is a different color, because another family memeber got that dented and i got that painted along with my ****ing front fender..and now at least THEY match.
Have them pony up the dough. I'd make them go get a part time job to pay it if they couldn't afford it, that's just irresponsible.

......my intake knocks againt some module thing next to the passenger strut... so i decide to put some foamy seal thing behind it so when it knocked, u couldnt hear it.. i guess it got hot or somethign and fell off and theres guey black sticky melted **** in different parts of my bay...
You didn't think something under your hood would get hot? Have you ever put your hands on the hood?

plus i have coilovers in my room that i havnt put on becasue i dont know how and im too much of an idiot to do it myself and **** it up...
Search for a D.I.Y. I know there are a few here. I used one 6 months ago.

and i have a beautiful magnaflow muffler and reso in my closet that i havnt got on because i dont have the 150 for a welder.. because of school and a house.. and bills....on top of that.
You'll be annoyed by the sound, trust me. Just sell it and get a proper exhaust. Mufflers don't add horsepower, I don't know why anyone buys them.

.instead an automatic and im sick of it. no power, no money to make even a little power, ugly exterior = one sad Jose ::sigh::
Be proud of the car you have. But if it's yours, it's not expensive to trade in and get an older standard that was taken care of.

I feel bad telling you this as I've given you enough **** already but you can't afford to modify a Civic man. You need to either stop modifying (impossible for any real enthusiast) or get a cheaper car to modify. You said you got a house though, so it sounds like you're already a step ahead of me.
Old 10-07-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Oh ya, if you want to roll up to Atlanta this week, I can put your coilovers on for you. But it's a hell of a drive.
Old 10-07-2007
Registered!!

susuking is on a distinguished road

now now, you're not the only one, i also have a off colored fender, ****ed up a few suspensions parts and broke a few sensors, But its all still good, i get to learn how to do it, and get to know more about cars in the process. so relax... take a time out with your car, and do it slowly,
headlights yellow? take your time, slowly and polish it back to perfection~!
fender color different? no problem. save more money and paint it if it disturb you that much. rear rsx sway not getting on right? take your time and a breather to think about it and compare with your old one to see what is wrong.
suspension parts duno how to do it? its okie, neither do it when i first do it, but i follow the instruction diy on here to the word and rent a spring compressor so that the spring don't shoot out and kill myself in the process. AND MAKE SURE YOU LINE UP the arrow on the top hat to the shock.

And just that you won't feel bad, i had scratch marks on all my lips. luckily for my front lip being polyurethanes, it hadn't broken into two yet with the countless scratching and bumps.... still haven't paint my folding mirrors, exhaust still hitting my rear lip... (note to self: fix that) and still haven't did my manual tranny swap.... and an overhaul to the engine...(a whole bunch of stuff in bedroom taking space.)
Old 10-07-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Search for a D.I.Y. I don't think you're the only one on the continent to have this problem. Always have a plan of attach prior to removing anything from your car.
I did have a plan of "attach" before i took anything off of my car.. i had the DIY.. i even revised it to be more legible and re-typed it.. i have eveyrhting according to plan.. i just couldnt get the thing working..

Headers change colour, that's common sense. Don't you have any friends that put headers on their cars? What kind of metal is it made out of?
I know headers change color.. im not stupid.. i didnt need anyone to put the header on for me.. i can do it myself.. but the water splashing up..from the puddles...got onto my header and stained it because they were flaming hot.. it is irreversable (or whatever that word is) and it loosk like crap..

Wouldn't your insurance company pay to have this fixed with your deductable?
no because i only have liability and bodily injury.. i cant afford it for my car.

You blacked out a H.I.D. projector housing? That was stupid. And if they're not projectors, that's more stupid.
who the **** said i blacked out.. "H.I.D. projector housings". YOUre stupid.. i blacked out my normal OEM headlights.. they are yellow looking (the lens) because of the hazing on the top from whatever reason.. it just looks ugly.

Take the LX off and put on a EX.
do u really have to pick out every little thing and act liek your helping me not.. because u really arnt and i never asked for advice on what should i do about my lx emblem.

Have them pony up the dough. I'd make them go get a part time job to pay it if they couldn't afford it, that's just irresponsible.
I did have them pony up the dough... since i dont have insurance for damages on my car, i had to find somewhere to get these things done.. the place i got it for..charged me the 600$ to do so.. and it was a shitty job.. i had them do it again..and it wasnt any better..thats all they could do because apparently SSM paint in florida (because of the sun) can never be matched perfectly.. or so they said and would not do anything about it. i have no more money to do it over..

You didn't think something under your hood would get hot? Have you ever put your hands on the hood?
I dont understand why you talk to me like im stupid..who the **** do u think u are??

You'll be annoyed by the sound, trust me. Just sell it and get a proper exhaust. Mufflers don't add horsepower, I don't know why anyone buys them.
i wont be annoyed by the sound.. ive heard it before.. i got a RESONATOR thats worth 160$ alone and a muffler that was about $300...i got them both for $150 brand new in the box... could i pass up a deal like that.. ...ur right.. mufflers dont add any horsepower.. neither does any of the other **** liek intakes and headers that people put on.. but like i said.. CUSTOM PIPING and id have a full catback.. wich i wouldve liked.. and it wouldve been brand new.. u think im that dumb to put JUST a muffler on? please.

Be proud of the car you have. But if it's yours, it's not expensive to trade in and get an older standard that was taken care of.
i am proud of my car..ive always been happy with this car and its never let me down.. it would be great.. the point of this thread was just a rant.. if i have the chance to trade this car in..WITH the down payment that i dont have right now.. id do it.. but i dont..so ..?

I feel bad telling you this as I've given you enough **** already but you can't afford to modify a Civic man.
give this guy an award someone..please. what would i do without him..

You need to either stop modifying (impossible for any real enthusiast) or get a cheaper car to modify. You said you got a house though, so it sounds like you're already a step ahead of me.
I probably wont stop modifying..ever.. this was my rant.. in members rides..where its perfectly legit.. not once did i ask for help.. ask for sympathy.. nothing.. just to grab peoples attention and let me vent a little.. have u been in honda-techs GDD? same idea here.. thanks anyway...

EDIT:...and in another thread you were the guy who said that if we listened to everyone on this forum we'd all have blacked out cars and carbon fiber eveywhere... gtfo my thread..

Last edited by DsevenEm2; 10-07-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-07-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

icedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really nice

somehow this turned into a back and forth attack on responses to your rant. i think at some point, people hit a point where the modifying has hit too many snags, too much money spent, or no time anymore, and you just don't feel like dealing with it. if you've already taken a breath, and you still feel that way, so be it. i'm sorry that your fed up, but i guess its just time for you to move onto something else...and whatever that may be, good luck with it..

we all have our bad moments, small or large, in this hobby...
Old 10-07-2007
This is Myspace

thats exactly what i was trying to say...without the frustration and bitching..

ive taken a breath but for now.. i think i should just stay focused on work. school. this new town.. and myself.. there will be other times down the road where i will be more comfortable with modifying and will have enough time and money to commit to it.. now is just not the time like i thought it was..
Old 10-07-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

thats exactly what i was trying to say...without the frustration and bitching..

ive taken a breath but for now.. i think i should just stay focused on work. school. this new town.. and myself.. there will be other times down the road where i will be more comfortable with modifying and will have enough time and money to commit to it.. now is just not the time like i thought it was..
First rule when working on a dream. NEVER GIVE UP!!!!
Old 10-07-2007
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

Dude ive had many of these of moments but just last week i was so fuken amazed and people were just looking at my car like it was a cadi sitting on 22".....I finally got my lip kit painted put it on I'm dropped perfectly got the nice blacked out headlights which took me 3 pairs of headlights to get them right. Along with some 04 tail lights. I haven't had time nor do i have a good enough camera to take pics but it feels great when your at that point of being done with your car. Don't give up it is well worth it =D
Old 10-07-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

This is sad, I actually feel really sorry for you and all the bad luck you are having. If you could drive to Durant, OK. I would fix most of that and put your coil overs on. NO CHARGE, you could even crash at my house.

Also: As others have pointed out, we all have had hard times with our rides. Today for example. I have been on my 17's, well the summer tires are about gone. I could either purchase new tires now, don't really have the money, or go ahead and run the winter wheels, factory 15's with hub caps. I decided to run the 15's. So I pull the car in the garage and jack up the passenger side, no problem. Then to the drivers, get the wheels off and are putting the new ones on. The front just feels funny. I had a hard time getting the factory lugs to fit, Hmmmm. Them they would not tq down. The wrench was set to 80ftlb's and just would not do it. Then I realized, freaking centric rings from the 17's. I took the wheel back off and there it was the stupid *** centric ring. I take it off put the 15 back on and guess what. I stripped out one of the studs. So I messed with that for 2 more hrs.
Nothing is simple, and be ready for the worst. I mean I just planned on swapping tires, turned into changing a wheel stud.

Last edited by Alpha 5; 10-07-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-07-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

man, ive been in your situation many a times.. i feel your pain bro.. here are my 2 perspectives on it.

1 - quit. save your money, because some of us don't know when to stop. Ive spent an ungodly amount on my car. If i had left it alone, id have plenty of savings.

2 - for some reason, at any given time, i can sit here and type up a 2 page list of **** my car needs, needs to get done, or needs to be finished. it's never over, it's my only car and my daily driver and it's constantly a half way completed project. But for some reason i keep pouring money and time into it, because i dont know how to quit.

just dont let a material thing change you. it's a ****ing car, don't let it get to you. you have logic, it doesn't, but youre letting your frustration take you for a ride. when something doesnt work out the way you want it to, take a break and get back to it later. but always be sure to finish what you start before undertaking another project. just my 2 cents from a veteran been there, done that, 7thgen guy.
Old 10-07-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

^^^Very well said, I think someone needs to start a 12 step program for us car guys. We need help.
Old 10-07-2007
Registered!!

I think that you need to read this: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ml#post4248004
I wrote it the other day. I was kinda buzzed and felt like writing.
Old 10-07-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

Woah Woah Woah ... Jose my friend ... Calm down now dude ...
Theres always this one point in life that ur standing stranded at a point called NOWHERE ... that doesnt mean u shud keep on standing at that point ... U chill ... u relax ... and then U MOVE ON from that F***ed up Point in life ....

I know how pissed off u might be feeling right now spending the whole sunday morning trying to get that sway bar done ... had issues with my allignment problems and spent over $3k's and guess what the problems still there dude That didnt make me stop though dude ...

After reading your whole post I can only say onething dude .. U have your hands full in different types of **** at the same f)*&^*ing time .... Do one thing at a time... Exterior first ... suspension ... engine and blah blah blah blah ....
Heres what I would suggest you to do dude ... sell the closte stuff u have and get a decent pair of blacked out headlights from Ebay .... or some good website .... Next .... screw the sway bar thing as it wont make ur car feel like an Acura or something ... instead get an aftermarket sway bar which is originally meant for the Em's ....

Your coilovers are next .... Do u have all the necessary stuff u need other than just the coilovers or not ? ( i dont know much about coilovers, so ask someone if u need camber kits and all that BS) if u do need some other stuff ... look in the For sales thread and collect all the stuff u need slowly ... it might take a few weeks or even months ... but once u do the perfect job bro ... trust me ... Patience pays a lot !!!

The paint thing u talked about ... i live in florida too ... tell me something ... Did the guys who did the paint job ... tell u if they were doiing it indoor or out door or something"? They might be lying ... coz professionaly done paint jobs take atleast 3 days to set ... and the shop guys dont give ur car back untill those 3 days are over ... if they gave u the car back the next day ...u know there not professional ....

Do us all a favor ... Post some new pics of ur cars right now ... and most of us on 7th gens will be more than glad to work your thing out ... In a much better way ....

And trust me bro By the next FLORIDA MEET ... Your ride would be .... BAALLLLLLLIIINNNN !!!!!
Old 10-07-2007
Registered!!

rev125yz is an unknown quantity at this point

dseven, lets see some pics to see if your car is worth this rant
Old 10-07-2007
This is Myspace

have to get pics in the morning of all the catastrophe... but thanks.. i didnt think id get this much advice lol..

MidnightCivic: yea rub it in lol... but i see where ur coming from.. its not easy but for some reason it seems like it works out better for others..and not myself.. but i completely understand how happy u must be.. when something does get done right.. it really does feel good.. and that goes with almost anything.. not just mods on your car.. thanks! +1

MURDOCK your right... this is a dream of mine.. i cant give up.. not that easy. +1

Alpha 5 Nice read you gave me.. thank u for the sig.. you really made me take a step back and look at the situation and what it is i really want.. this made everything seem alot less end-of-the-world-ish.. +1

Also thanks to Susuking and Icecoco. +1 for both of you. Skipbarber thanks alot, thats some good advice and im probably going to end up doing that.. it might be worth it once i have something saved.. unfortunately i have to spred some rep before u giving u some more.. but the VbPlaza sounds like a good place to go right now for you...

Heres where I kind of wished the car would magically roll back and run my head over..

thanks again guys.

Last edited by DsevenEm2; 10-07-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

susuking is on a distinguished road

you're welcome, just do what you can and if there is any trouble or difficulties, just post it up or search... answers can't be found, then ask... that's how we all learn
Old 10-08-2007
The Random King of the Posts

01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light

man i know how your feeling, i got rid of a perfect s dime xtreme for my ride..every penny i've made since last november has went to it and its got me no where..parts tear up there expensive, sometimes you dont know whats wrong with it, some days it runs good and other like a geo prism down on its last leg..what i'm trying to say is i threw in the towl also..i've put my car on every classfied and i'm going back to my roots, a truck.
Old 10-08-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

sounda like all of this started this pushing you over the edge... "I spent about....3289651287517 hours today trying to put on this stupid rsx rear sway and it was impossible" I am in the same boat as you man.... come on

try to get your endlinks off, after coating them in PB blaster wd40 and liquid wrench for 3 days, then come back and give it up. Man u have had my sway in my garage since like February i think... i have some of greys endlinks sitting here right next to me and thats a reminder everyday... lol also i have been hit in the same place 4 times and each time was a hit and run. :/

Lol, u are like me, u just dont have good luck with modding your civic.
Old 10-08-2007
This is Myspace

and thats how i feel also.. but the problem is.. my honda IS my roots LOL.. its the only car ive ever owned.. besides a 92 geo storm thats got a blown head gasket sittin back at my moms garage.. but i dont consider that like.. an actual car lol... its just there.. i used to find out what all the parts were and kinda learn how an engine works.. and i used to it to learn how to drive stick

but my roots are in the civic.. first car i ever bought.. payed for.. made payments on and even tried modding just a bit.. i have to stick with it.. eventually it will come together.. im sure it will..today was just a bump in the road.
Old 10-08-2007
This is Myspace

yea LT i guess i am. you want to know something funny.. the whole time, all i could think of was you posting about how you couldnt get the dam nuts off.. i was like omgggg what the helll WHYY MEE TOOO!!!!
Old 10-08-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, like others have said, relax. Take a breath, smoke a cig, or better yet a blunt, have a beer, or a twelve pack, get laid, whatever destresses you. You've entered the world of modding cars. It's addicitive, expensive, frustrating, and in the end, kinda pointless. I've dumped more money into my car, money I could've saved, and some I didn't even have, hence the 5k balance on my credit card. But, I enjoy it, it's one of my few hobbies, and I feel like there are worse things I could be spending money on, like gambling, drugs and/or ******. Hell, I'd rather spend $50 on a mod for my car, than on dinner with my g/f, the way she's been lately. When a hobby becomes stressful and frustrating, you should take a break. Work is for stressing and getting pissed off, hobbies are to make you feel better. I hope, tho, that you feel better after this rant, minus whoever has pissed you off in this thread. Hopefully, I'm not one of 'em.

I will say this, however. My friend and I DIY'd the install of my blues, stechs and ingalls camber kit, and I think just about everything that could go wrong, did. If after you chill out a little bit here, and you decide to go ahead with the DIY, PM or AIM me, hell, I'd even give you my cell # to text me if you run into problems. I managed to do everything from dumping the bearings out of the top strut mounts in the front, and watching them roll down the ****in driveway, to having to cut one of the rear shocks off. Lemme tell you, that was a good week. My car looked like a damned 70s muscle car, low in the front, high as **** in the back. **** happens, I got it fixed, it just took a week or so. Then I got two different alignments, cause the first shop didn't know wtf they were doing. Or, there was time that I tried to do something as simple as install the silver dash trim kit, from ****in Honda. Of course it doesn't come with instructions, so I prepped the plastic was gonna stick that **** to like anything i was about to stick 3m tape to. I wiped with an alcohol swab. I can't tell you how suprised I was to find out that rubbing alcohol takes the the black finish right off the plastic around the radio, and leaves it a nifty white color. Then, of course, the tape wouldn't stick, so super glued the ****in trim on there. Now, if i ever decide to lose the silver trim, i need to replace the piece around the radio, with the heater controls in it.

point is, when you mod your car, **** happens. when other people drive your car, sometimes it gets ****ed up, and it's not even your fault. but, like others have said, it's only a car. you'll get **** fixed. hope things work out for you. let us know if we can help, even if it's just by reading through another rant, or two.
Old 10-08-2007
The Random King of the Posts

01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light01civicriderex is a glorious beacon of light

yea i dont want to get rid of mine, because its all i ever wanted, but now i've got it, its not.
Old 10-08-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

I completely understand where you're coming from Jose. I can't tell you how many times I've thrown tools and parts across the garage, accompanied by a loud, sonorous, "**** this!!!". I'm not going to give you any DIY advice, looks like you've got a ton of it, and are just snowed under with nuisance stuff that you're not in a position to fix just yet. Make yourself a checklist, take things one at a time and hang in there.

Here's some motivational pictures to keep your spirits up.

She hates your car too...

Old 10-08-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

yea LT i guess i am. you want to know something funny.. the whole time, all i could think of was you posting about how you couldnt get the dam nuts off.. i was like omgggg what the helll WHYY MEE TOOO!!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! yea that was my actual response when i read this lol im still laughing.. oh man thats funny.
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice

too bad you don't live close to me, I could help you out with most of that stuff too. Sway bars can be a pain in the *** sometimes man, no shame in it getting the best of you this time. Cool off and go back at it, eventually you'll get it. If everything we did we got right the first time then we'd never appreciate the value of the lesson. Oh and whoever was switching back to the winter tires....I did the same ****...twice lol. Thats exactly why you should pay attention to what you are doing. Good luck with your ride man...you learn a lot about yourself when working on cars, just don't let it get you down, you'll get it...
Old 10-08-2007
This is Myspace

gee thanks clint.. LOL youre awesome.. did u ever get my pm back?

yea ambulencemonkee that does sound bad... i duno maybe i just dont have the patience..i just need to chill..

and yep pitchblack im sure ill get back under there and get it right lol

im off to school.. thanks again people
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

Mralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to behold

i'm in orlando... if you ever need help with anything, just let me know. I don't feel like reading everybodys posts, since they are 5 paragraphs each. I also have some parts laying around if you need anything, i can help you out with a price and such.

1. SSM Hood
2. SSM Trunk
3. 3 Suspension Set ups (Neuspeed Race and Sport, TEIN SS COilovers)
4. Stock SSM Grille (Maybe, i have to check)
5. Blacked out OEM Headlights

I don't know if you're interested in any of these things. But let me know if you are. Again, i'm in orlando and i'd be willing to help you out with anything you need. Maybe you just need somebody to hang out with... i don't care, just hit me up if you need anything.
Old 10-08-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

The last one I got was asking how much to ship the VC man, which I replied to. Did you send another one?

I hear you about repairs not going the right way. I had to cut and re-weld my exhaust three times tonight because I kept messing up the orientation and it wouldn't bolt back up. I was a little frustrated, but it did give me a chance to bone up on my welding skills!

Get back on your feet with the repairs you've got going on right now. PM your address though when you get a chance. Since you're down, just send me a stock VC and you can have both the shorty and the painted VC gratis. As soon as I get your addy, I'll finish up the paint on the VC and send them out.

Quick Reply: I Give Up.. omgwtf Someone Hit My Car!!