Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!
View Poll Results: Who has had problems with there car?
Have never had any problems. Just done the normal maintenence ( oil change, brakes, etc. ).
45.66%
Have had a few problems here and there, but nothing major.
35.35%
Have had major problems with my car ( tranny, engine, etc. ).
16.16%
Have had severe car problems ( Items have been replaced more then once ).
2.83%
Voters: 495. You may not vote on this poll

Everyone Respond: Who has Had problems with there car and who hasnt had problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
On the body I have 45k miles. On the new motor I have 17-20k miles. This is my 4th engine. All three times that the motor blew, I was sitting at a stop light. engine misfired at like 450 rpms and crushed a spark plug. New motor threw a rob and blew a hole in the block sitting at a stop light. Honda kept saying it was my fault for racing. They kept saying this after every time and my parents took my car away and drove it and then bam it happened to them. THen they started getting me stuff for it becuase they accused me of racing. Then the Honda dealership was like well it was from racing, then my mom was like I was driving it and I was sitting at a light. Then they checked the engine code and found out it was a computer timing problem. They fixed it everytime. I will never buy a civic again in my life. Thanks Honda for not realizing that I had a lemon and getting me a new car. So basically no more civics for me.
Old 08-21-2005
Crawlin Similar To An Ant Low To Da Earth

Nokturnl has a spectacular aura aboutNokturnl has a spectacular aura aboutNokturnl has a spectacular aura about
01 LX Tranny syncors went out. About 1 week after I bought the car my fuel pump died. So far that is it minus the Fukups I have caused modding it.
Old 08-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
alright lets keep this thread going, please post in the poll if you would. We only have 109 who have answered so far.
Old 08-21-2005
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point
My 01 EX manual has 50,000 m on it and still runs great. The only thing replaced was the front struts under warrenty. This car has been to the strip the street races and been driven very hard, i'm impressed with the quality, the bone yard are gonna be filled with parts to, I allready have a bunch of stuff in my basement from a 03 with 20,000 on it.
Old 08-22-2005
Registered!!

DJayG is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an 02 ex stick that has had only one problem. A week after i got it i noticed a pop whenever i began to move in reverse. I went to honda and they replaced the reverse fork in the tranny. I have 45,000 on it now and its starting to do it again im not too happy. besides that i love the car always runs great with no probs
Old 08-22-2005
Registered!!

Tdoan14 is a jewel in the roughTdoan14 is a jewel in the roughTdoan14 is a jewel in the rough
2003 Honda Civic EX Coupe with 26,600 miles, bought brand new in November 2002.
- Only problem I have with the car is my driver door lock isn't working anymore. After searching 7thgencivic.com, I'm guessing I have to replace the actuator.
Old 08-22-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
No major problems... only tid bits. KNock on wood...
Old 08-28-2005
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
ok updating on this poll. Need more responses.
Old 08-28-2005
Registered!!

micks7thgen is an unknown quantity at this point
no real problems

I bought mine through my uncle. has 60K miles the only thing i had to have fixed was my brakes made a pop noise at low speeds but it was fixed for free when i had the pads replaced cuz the caliper was loose. other than that i get a horrible rattle from the rear deck but that is normal when there are 2 12"s in the trunk. also on occasion it doesnt want to start as in i will crank it and it wont turn over. if i turn the key back and wait a second it will start i know this is the timing but wondering if it has happened to others.
i drive the dog **** out of my car but that is very dependent on my mood usually i drive a little agressive but nothing over normal. i take care of my car oil changes every month (i drive a good deal mnimum of 2000 a month) i think this civic will be in my posession for the next 10 years it runs that good.
oh yeah and i am on my 5th windshield i have had the car for a year. i hate construction and dumptrucks that dont cover the bed with the tarp.

Last edited by micks7thgen; 08-28-2005 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-28-2005
Registered!!

Well so far I would have to say the civic is a damn good car. There are alot of people who have had problem here and there, but that is expected with any car, but so far only 16 people have said they have had major problems. with 4 who have had severe problems. I still want to know where the people are that keep complaining that the new civics are crappy cars. because I havent heard from you yet?????
Old 08-28-2005
Registered!!

Wizkid is an unknown quantity at this point
05 EX 5-speed Had it a couple weeks and then drove to New Jersey. Notice when I stopped that there was smoke coming from the engine. Turned out oil was dripping from the oil pan onto the exhaust pipe. Took it to Honda and they replaced the oil pan seal. Took them like 2 weeks tho.
Old 08-28-2005
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
My 05 LX auto sedan 10k miles, has a slightly rocking drivers seat, intermittent rattles from passenger A pillar trim and drivers door panel.

It has a brake cable on drivers side that is out of its clamps correctly and is dropped down slightly. It has been that way since I picked it up.

So far my car has been perfect, avg 300-500 miles per week.

I tried to loosen the set screws that hold the rotors in place and even at a low mileage those things are tight.

I read the other post on problems and did not see too many major troubles. You have to remember these are for the most part entry level cars. One major weak area for Honda IMO is the air conditioning and has been for a long time.
Old 08-28-2005
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
haven't had any problems aside from self-inflicted ones
Old 08-28-2005
Registered!!

HondCivc91 is an unknown quantity at this point
05 EX 5spd Coupe with 12,000 miles

Within the past month I've noticed a lot of annoyances... I must have the dreaded "rocking seat" because the driver and passenger seats rock when just sitting in them. The rear deck and rear passenger interior trim rattles a decent amount, and the driver side window sounds like it's ready to burn out.

I've also noticed that I've been getting a bad knocking noise coming from the front when going over bumps or turning (I'm also running on Eibach Prokit springs since 10k miles), but everything looks fine so I have no idea what it is.

Last edited by HondCivc91; 08-28-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-28-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
none.

bought brand new and i went WOT few times and modded.
if there is a problem, its because of me alterating it (aftermarket mods)

28k miles
oil change every 4500 miles with full syn. 5w-30
87/89 gasoline
Old 08-29-2005
Registered!!

bp_22ca is an unknown quantity at this point
No problems...

I've had the car for a year (Aug 2004) and no complaints yet, love the gas mileage.

2004 EX(Canadian Si)
automatic
33000km
No mods
Old 08-29-2005
Registered!!

draganjr is an unknown quantity at this point
Replaced the front left and right shocks/strurts. Free under warranty, besides that, **knock on Wood**, nothing!

2K2 w/ 55K miles!
my wife has the same car w/ 45K miles with no probelms, again **knock on Wood**!
Old 08-29-2005
Registered!!

dma001 is an unknown quantity at this point
My 2001 5-speed (31,500 miles) has only had one rear strut replaced (under extended warranty). The only recall on mine was the headlight switch, but it was done without any hassle. I replaced the battery myself, but that's only because they only last 3 summers down here...it was working fine at the time.

She's been a very good girl to me!
Old 08-29-2005
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
i have an 02 ex coupe 5spd with just about 50,000 miles on it..

clutch squeeks, driver side seat rocked back and forth (until i got sparcos), i had the slow window problem (honda fixed for free), and i get an annoying vibration sound from in front of me every now and then in the 2500-3000 rpm range..
Old 08-29-2005
Registered!!

TSSCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Currently at 60,000 miles, my power door locks isn't working. As for the front struts, I replaced them when it was still under warranty about 30,000 miles.
Old 08-29-2005
master of the culinary martial arts

masarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of light
@50k miles
No problems whatsoever.
Old 08-31-2005
Registered!!

draganjr is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry I have 59,147 Miles on my car.
Old 08-31-2005
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
no problems other then leaky struts but thats expected normal wear
Old 08-31-2005
Registered!!

puidokas is an unknown quantity at this point
Most of my problems were due to my driving
Old 08-31-2005
Type Skivic

TeRRoRiFiC35 is an unknown quantity at this point
ive had too many problems with this car. right now im just gonna use it as a beater while I build an EG hatch. i might just do a lil looks on the car cause i still have stuff at my house from my last build on it.
Old 09-13-2005
Registered!!

Well from all the threads I have seen about the countless number of people complaining about the numerous number of problems there 7thgen has, it sure doesnt show by this poll. So far 28 people have had major problems. Yet people should think honda should have countless numbers of recalls out for a defective and shitty car.
Old 09-13-2005
Registered!!

CivicTrip will become famous soon enoughCivicTrip will become famous soon enough
I have an 04 Ex Coupe with 17,000 miles, at 9,000 miles my rack and pinion went out, was hearing a whining noise and I had to keep filling it with Power steering fluid, took it in and fixed under warranty, At 12,000 miles my sunroof started to make noise. and about 7,000 the driver seat started to rock...which drives me insane.
Old 11-23-2005
Registered!!

js89x is an unknown quantity at this point
05 LX 4dr auto - Car has only 10,000 miles and has had replaced an instrument cluster, an SRS controller unit, and an OPDS unit. Can't wait to see what happens next.....
Old 11-23-2005
Registered!!

civicex9980 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an 02 EX coupe and the only thing that I had done was replace the headlight switch which was a Honda Recall.
Old 11-23-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
bad place to take a poll since the majority of the poeple here beat the hell out of their cars so problems are more likely to occur.

Quick Reply: Everyone Respond: Who has Had problems with there car and who hasnt had problems!!!