Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!
View Poll Results: Who has had problems with there car?
Have never had any problems. Just done the normal maintenence ( oil change, brakes, etc. ).
45.66%
Have had a few problems here and there, but nothing major.
35.35%
Have had major problems with my car ( tranny, engine, etc. ).
16.16%
Have had severe car problems ( Items have been replaced more then once ).
2.83%
Voters: 495. You may not vote on this poll

Everyone Respond: Who has Had problems with there car and who hasnt had problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
clutch bearing at 66k altenator went at 44k
Old 12-18-2006
Official Wish He Knew It All

HyeHonda05 will become famous soon enough
no mechanical problems that werent my fault.....I got new pads and rotors cause i drive too fast and i brake too hard....then i hit a bear(lol)...and then some stupid bitch nailed me in a parking lot and screwed up my entire front end
Old 12-18-2006
Registered!!

rjngo will become famous soon enoughrjngo will become famous soon enough
my steering wheels is kinda messed up...dealer can't figure out the problem with it. whenever i fully turn my wheels to the right - i hear this popping metal noise, im sure its coming from the front end! its pissing me off because i kept going back to the dealer but nothing is happening...ohh well i have 7 years/160K whichever comes first.

so far this is the only major problem im having
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
zero problems with the car (except for interior rattles) up until the swap. 52xxxkms at the time.
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

2k1_Toaster will become famous soon enough
I blew my alternator... twice. It was my fault though for plugging too much crap in for 4000mi trip both times. whoopsie!

Also my seat rocks back and forth, but no biggie.

I have an '01 and 79000mi on it.
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

DragassD is an unknown quantity at this point
I had to replace my alternator a few weeks ago. and i too get that little pop noise but when i turn the wheel to the left. Its not too loud though, only hear it when the radio is off. I have to replace my brakes soon, im too rough on them. My tranny is a beast though. It takes whatever punishment i dish out. I really got to take it easy.
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

BCCentaur3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Transmission rebuilt, now i have to get a used one instead of getting it built again. Clutch went bad, alternator went out.
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

hambone210 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have had a few front end alignment issues (tow mainly), but as far as the motor/trany goes...I have been spraying a 55 shot, one bottle per week, for a year now...and have had NO problems. BTW, I am at 78,000 still on the stock clutch. And I do spray in 1st gear. Theses are strong little cars! The kills list is long!
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
Originally Posted by hambone210
I have had a few front end alignment issues (tow mainly), but as far as the motor/trany goes...I have been spraying a 55 shot, one bottle per week, for a year now...and have had NO problems. BTW, I am at 78,000 still on the stock clutch. And I do spray in 1st gear. Theses are strong little cars! The kills list is long!

What year and model. That is awsome I have been thinking of going NOS but mine is a daily driver and I was wondering about the reliability. Thanks for the push.

No problems as of yet.
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

hambone210 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Alpha 5

What year and model. That is awsome I have been thinking of going NOS but mine is a daily driver and I was wondering about the reliability. Thanks for the push.

No problems as of yet.
Yea it gives you a NICE power increase! I recommend Zex over NOS. I, like you, daily drive my car, and the reliabily is still...just like a Honda! PM me if you have any questions...I will be glad to answer them, if I can.
Old 12-19-2006
Registered!!

LilWannabeJdm can only hope to improve
no problem with mine soo far...soo i decided to drop it and throw catback on it..after having it for 2 weeks..LOL
ba baa baaa baaaaaa baaaaaaaaa Im loving it!!
Old 12-19-2006
w00t

acurastype01 is an unknown quantity at this point
my headlights had some condensation problems but they were fixed for no charge
Old 12-21-2006
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
My thermostat went out this week. Its been replaced and the fan switch as well. I know I need a new tranny soon. But other than brakes last year thats it. oh yeah and a battery. 100k and counting.
Old 12-21-2006
Registered!!

landonab is an unknown quantity at this point
My drivers seat rocks. Thought it was just me but I see some others have the same problem.

Something right above my ear when driving rattles. Drives me crazy.
Old 12-24-2006
Registered!!

waddle313 is an unknown quantity at this point
66k o2 ex 5spd:hithead typical seat rocking few warranty issues when new, and dam a/c has to be filled about twice a summer. i installed dye and replaced low side shrader valve pipe. still cant find the leak other than that nothing haven't even replaced the front brakes yet!!!
Old 12-24-2006
Registered!!

AequitasVeritas is an unknown quantity at this point
2004 Civic EX 5 spd HFP package.

hood latch broke off, seat was loose (honda said they wouldn't warranty it so i put a racing seat in and handed them their shitty seat rails all tore up) tranny went out, 2 motors (one was dealerships fault, other hydrolocked), struts went out, window stopped working, center console backside broke, control arm bolt fell out, wheel bearings went out, front brake pad fell off., bent valves twice (rev limiter broken)
and i take good care of my car. i guess my problem was buying it really early (oct. 20, 2003).

i love my car but jesus.... it seems like once a month something breaks on it or wears out.

Last edited by AequitasVeritas; 12-24-2006 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-30-2006
Registered!!

Dieselboy is an unknown quantity at this point
42k No probs what so ever... very nice ride... the gas lasts 4 ever!
Old 01-07-2007
Registered!!

zonk is an unknown quantity at this point
had to replace the fuel pump a little over a year ago, on my 3rd battery(deployment related failures), replace the damn fuel relay, catalytic converter, o2 sensor, and a other than that just filters, plugs, wires, distributor cap, and a few other odds and ends in the car. she has 151k and before i acquired her was a pizza/parts delivery car that had rear ended a truck. she has seen better days but its a work in progress. going to get it painted in about a month or 2

92 civic dx hatch nicknamed the bucket

Last edited by zonk; 01-07-2007 at 04:56 PM. Reason: braincells depleting and causing me to forget stuff
Old 01-14-2007
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
about 72,000 miles my starter went out then my 2-3 synchro about 5,000 miles later
Old 01-15-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ryangt is an unknown quantity at this point
132k My imput shaft bearing makes it sound like i have a growling mountain lion under my hood, badass if you have a V8 not so cool if it sounds like your 4 banger is gonna blow up.
1300$ fix, good luck with it.
Old 01-15-2007
Registered!!

civic2nr819 is an unknown quantity at this point
I got my 04 vp coupe in dec. 03 and have not had a single problem yet. I beat the $heeit out of it from the day I left the dealership. The only thing I had to do was brake pads at 45k miles and it has 49k now. I went to a local dealership and they offered 10k trade in on a SI sedan...I ONLY PAID 12K for it 3 years ago.I did a cat back , springs, rims and music the first week I got it but that was optional replacement not broken stuff.I just got a exedy stage 1 clutch and fidenza lightweight flywheel because I need to change the input shaft bearing so I figure I should change everything.I don't blame the car for the bearing being that I beat on it.This had been the best car I ever owned but I do hope to have that SI sedan in the next year or so.
Old 01-15-2007
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
you guys with the D series transmission should love and cherish your transmissions... K series have a lot of issues according to honda-tech and clubrsx. Plus i know from personal experience. 2nd and 3rd gear to be exact.

Anyway... here are my issues...
1. Gas needle is never accurate, drops like a b!tch all of a sudden. I've changed the sensor a few times.
2. **** rattles all the time. The fitment in civics suck. My dad always leases hi end cars and thats the difference between getting a cheap and expensive car. My dad's a bmw fanatic. I can tell you that bmw has a really tight interior with 0 rattles even when the music is blasting.
3. Sometimes when i'm on the hiway at highspeeds, i feel like the wind might blow me away along with it. It scares me so i step on it and try to get home even faster.
4. it gets dings very easily, made out of cheap metal.
Old 01-15-2007
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
Originally Posted by ryangt
132k My imput shaft bearing makes it sound like i have a growling mountain lion under my hood, badass if you have a V8 not so cool if it sounds like your 4 banger is gonna blow up.
1300$ fix, good luck with it.
i had the same problem, cost me $300 for parts (flywheel, clutch, input bearing, etc.) did the labor myself it did sound funny
Old 01-15-2007
Registered!!

southOCem2 is an unknown quantity at this point
my car hit 110k and all it ever needed was an idle control valve.... japanese cars are great...last forever
Old 01-26-2007
Registered!!

susuking is on a distinguished road
yeah!! i've just past 190000miles hehe .. long live my honda...
what sort of problems encountered,, hmm my tranny needs a overhaul, need a new cat, changed all the bushings (now ride way better), need some more gas, i think i need to overhaul the engine, or heck, might change a new d17 for a few hundreds bucks haha...
Old 01-26-2007
Registered!!

BCCentaur3 is an unknown quantity at this point
My struts are blown now at 99,000 and also my rear drums. Really considering the rear disc conversion with tokico struts.
Old 01-27-2007
Registered!!

JSpec_JDM is an unknown quantity at this point
138k and running great .. 02 Acura EL .. no problems at all
Old 01-31-2007
Registered!!

Xclr8ed is an unknown quantity at this point
03 Dx w/ 5spd. approx. 140000km (thats canadian for 90k miles eh!) bought used @ 45000km, had the trunk\gas popper replaced under warrenty. Not under warrenty, Front wheel bearings, discs, calipers, headlights, driver side key lock, rear seats extremely hard to latch after popping them forward, both front seat belts dont retract by themselves. Strange noises from clutch (throwout bearing maybe), timing belt (just had it replaced like 20k ago), front end makes a clunking sound and pulls to the right; been told its the ps rack which is a $1400+ part. Shifting problems from a standstill into 1st and reverse. And probably the worst frickin designed windshield in the world, Not only does every rock on the road find it, Everytime its wet and you have your side window even slightly open water drips right in the car all over my leg. All in all I am completly disappointed in this car, After all I have seen and heard of the older Honda's I had much higher expectations than this.
Old 02-06-2007
I can resist everything except temptation.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

ffokuf is a jewel in the roughffokuf is a jewel in the roughffokuf is a jewel in the rough
70K on my 03 Only problem so far is the driver side door actuator went bad and was relaced under warantee.
Old 02-06-2007
Registered!!

mickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the roughmickeycivic04 is a jewel in the rough
63000 miles n still good..i LOVE MI HONDA..

Quick Reply: Everyone Respond: Who has Had problems with there car and who hasnt had problems!!!