Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Everyone Respond: Who has Had problems with there car and who hasnt had problems!!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/224437-everyone-respond-who-has-had-problems-there-car-who-hasnt-had-problems.html)

streetglower 08-17-2005 04:44 PM

Everyone Respond: Who has Had problems with there car and who hasnt had problems!!!

I am taking a poll to see how many people on here have had major problems with there car and who hasnt had any problems. I am curious to see what the results are. There are alot of threads going around about how people hate there civic because of all the problems they have had, especially with the trannsmissions. And I want to see how many people it adds up too.

Also please give an explanation of problems you did have if you had any or if you havent had any.

For me, I am close to 100,000 miles and have not had any major problems as of yet. I have liked my car since day one when I bought it. I get good gas mileage and it runs smooth as can be. I have done only the normal maintenance and the only things I have had to replace where a few wheel studs, brakes, the fuel pump, and the oil pan because I fuked up the threads. I also had to have the throttle body assembly replaced because I drove through a flooded street awhile ago and the water killed the TPS sensor. Thank god I didnt hydrolock the engine. Now under warranty I had the fuel gauge sender unit replaced and they replaced the passenger window regulator because they thought that was the reason for the slow window, but actually it was the run channel in the door was not set right in the metal bracket (I found that out when I took off the door panel), so I got a free regulator basically, and I did have all 4 struts replaced for some godly unknown reason. I didnt ask them why, they were free. And I also got a new seat frame on the drivers side because the seat rocked back and forth. But no major problems and I am satisfied.

slicksivik 08-17-2005 04:50 PM

a/c main control unit needed to be replaced, cuz it was shorted. besides that, nada. 33 and counting. knock on wood.

Kyle23 08-17-2005 04:52 PM

04 ex 5speed. 23k only problem so far was the throttle cable binding because my alarm was sitting on it which is so minor that I dont count it as a problem. Infact they fixed it 4 free

7thGENDMAN 08-17-2005 04:55 PM

102,000 miles and counting. No problems

jhonsok 08-17-2005 05:04 PM

18000 Km and counting no problems..except i had to replace my tie rod..becuase i stripped my own bolt...but that was my fault..other than that..no major problems.
My seat rocks a lot..but thats very common for our civics.

EnProceso 08-17-2005 05:06 PM

no problems other than a couple flat tires but thats the way it is.

Rennen 08-17-2005 05:14 PM

30K and still running strong. never had any major problems. had to have the gas guage thing replaced under warrenty.

CuRiOuSfIsH 08-17-2005 05:14 PM

car wise (5speed LX sedan, 37K miles), no problems.... runs great, always good on gas. The only "problem" I had was the interior ceiling light went bad.... cost to fix was like... $4?! lol
edit: also, the car came with low coolant, but thats it.

joescivic02 08-17-2005 05:22 PM

rear quarter panel.......... there was a hole somewhere where water kept on getting into my trunk so i would have massive water leaks when it rained....... got it fixed under warranty and recall...

susuking 08-17-2005 05:24 PM

180000 miles and nth happen **touch wood** ... i love my car. reliable as a horse

rEkKaShInObI 08-17-2005 05:35 PM

the needles on my odometer dont move sometimes.

Rennen 08-17-2005 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by susuking
180000 miles and nth happen **touch wood** ... i love my car. reliable as a horse

damn... 180,000 miles??? how often do you drive?

CIVIKRACIN 08-17-2005 05:45 PM

60000 and not one problem thankfully

manahoonie 08-17-2005 05:47 PM

off the top of my head, i had to replace the front right strut (A$$ raped. for another 100 bucks, i could have gotten a set of tokicos all around!!!)

exhaust manifold had a hole. replaced under warranty!!!

warped brake rotor. they resurfaced. i should have just gotten new rotors. would have been cheaper!

SRS light on for no reason. dealer tried blaming neons, but neons are all seperate. (cig lighter)

must be the way i drive! :lol:

streetglower 08-17-2005 05:48 PM

so who was the first person to say they had major problems with there car?

Never mind, just saw who it was.

eggfooyoung 08-17-2005 05:50 PM

Rear wheel abs sensor went (under extended warranty), Rear bushings replaced (extended warranty), Clutch fluid resovoir cracked and was replaced (under extended warranty), New front shocks (under regular warranty). Still have that squeaky clutch problem. Other than that it's been very good.

susuking 08-17-2005 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rennen
damn... 180,000 miles??? how often do you drive?

i travel a lot as a field technician. around 3 times to LAS a month :rockon:

Fatbastard 08-17-2005 06:47 PM

Had tranny (auto) problems at around 70k miles, and had to have it replaced. My mechanic (whos a family friend) told us that it is hard to get honda trannys these days since supposedly alot of honda cars are getting them replaced. He told me that they are weak and that I would probably would have to get my current one replaced soon again (i'm at 105k miles) .. so he advised us to replace the car before that happens again.

Other problem i have is with my driver's side window... i have to assist the windows with my hand by pulling it up b/c it gets stuck going up. they keep getting stuck almost everytime. this was a prob since i got the car... and 2 honda dealerships weren't able to fix it.

oh yeah i forgot i had to replace my front suspension (at around 70k miles).. car would bounce up and down when i pressed down on the hood.

2001 LX sedan.. completely stock. AND I dont abuse it. I used to LOVE my car until about a year ago. i think its a piece of sh*t now.

y.0. KiLLa 08-17-2005 07:37 PM

hmm..the orange light where the u shift went out..i guess it jsut needs a new bulb (37k)..my tranny shifts perfect, but i am afraid it will die at around 60-70k like most of the auto people...

susuking 08-17-2005 07:39 PM

i dun think that the auto will die out at 60k mine is already 180k but still running, have to take good care of it though

skratch_munkey 08-17-2005 08:03 PM

05 auto coupe 10k miles: I had a leak that flooded the driver side floor. passenger side was ok but the water made its way to the back. took it in and they fixed it for free but failed to mention what was the cause. I still need to bring it in cause the carpet is still damp.

asian 08-17-2005 09:25 PM

after seeing two posts regarding the auto tranny failing I was wondering how many people had their tranny fail at around 70K? How was it taken care of? Cause like susuking says that his car is at 180k and his tranny is still good. is it just pure luck or are the trannys really plagued with problems?

04|5spdCivic 08-17-2005 09:36 PM

i had my transmission replaced but that was my fault because i was retarded and tried pulling a huge burnout in reverse by putting it in reverse, reving it up to close to 6k rpms and dumped the clutch as hard as i could. other than that. no problems

01redJDM 08-17-2005 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by 04|5spdCivic
i had my transmission replaced but that was my fault because i was retarded and tried pulling a huge burnout in reverse by putting it in reverse, reving it up to close to 6k rpms and dumped the clutch as hard as i could. other than that. no problems

:_doh: :_doh: :_doh: poor car

04|5spdCivic 08-17-2005 09:44 PM

i know longer do any of that. i've outgrown that. i treat my car like a baby now. i now know how a car works and the transmission especially. i didnt used to know or care and now i do more than anything else.

01redJDM 08-17-2005 09:44 PM

01 LX 5spd, 80k miles, A/C compressor needs to be changed,wierd clicking sound from the engin lately, haven't checked on that yet.

gearbox 08-17-2005 09:46 PM

some small stuff, biggest was the alternator going out.

diskreet 08-17-2005 10:23 PM

60,000 miles only 1 thing replaced...
starter and solenoid (count as 1 since both went together and replaced together)

orion_squall 08-17-2005 11:58 PM

70k no problem yet, nothing was replaced

skratch_munkey 08-18-2005 12:15 AM

oh yea and wierd smell coming from a/c