Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

I blew the welds on my intake...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
I blew the welds on my intake...

People may joke, but I actually blew the weld on my intake... Damn it. Where its held to the body it kinda just broke off... I have a huge hole in my intake. When I drive it sounds like a ****'n train coming down the street... cause it rattles and clanks.

Well... I'm going to call aem... I'll demand a cold air... I have a v2... I wonder if they'll downgrade me to a normal cold air.
Old 04-10-2005
Registered!!

skratch_munkey is an unknown quantity at this point
whoa. How fast where you going? or was speed even a factor?
Old 04-10-2005
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
damn thats sucks never heard of anyone doin that...
Old 04-10-2005

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
Originally Posted by Skratch_munkey
whoa. How fast where you going? or was speed even a factor?
I have no idea how it happened...

The mount where it connects to the body, where it was welded on broke off.. I have a hole in the intake. I have a v2 and I heard it was a problem with them. Oh well... I called aem and left them a nice hate filled message. I will get a new intake... I will not give up.
Old 04-10-2005
Registered!!

ale007civicdx will become famous soon enough
my clamp broke too but it didnt make a hole in my intake. the piece that holds on to the chasis broke so my intake is just held by the intake manifold.
Old 04-10-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Blahman2
I will get a new intake... I will not give up.

thats the spirit. now I gatta look into another intake.
Old 04-10-2005
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
Are u talking about where the one bolt that holds the v2 in place?? If so, that's a common problem with the v2. That's not blowing the the welds off your intake.

Do you also live you life 10 seconds at a time. Oh wait let me guess "for those 10 seconds your free".

Maybe you have the problem cause "your granny shifting, and not double clutching like you should"

Remember "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning"

I think you watched F&F one too many times. I know the quotes from the movie, but I definetly don't start post with them...haha.
Old 04-10-2005

Originally Posted by phuviano
Are u talking about where the one bolt that holds the v2 in place?? If so, that's a common problem with the v2. That's not blowing the the welds off your intake.

Do you also live you life 10 seconds at a time. Oh wait let me guess "for those 10 seconds your free".

Maybe you have the problem cause "your granny shifting, and not double clutching like you should"

Remember "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning"

I think you watched F&F one too many times. I know the quotes from the movie, but I definetly don't start post with them...haha.
No... The peice of metal where it is bolted on to the car and where it was once welded onto the pipe completly broke off... Its still hooked to my car... Well the peice of metal is... But I have a hole in my intake. I'll get pics soon.
Old 04-10-2005
Registered!!

wonderz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by phuviano

hahaha

i think he really blew the welds if the welds on the bracket broken off. i think its not really "blew" more of a "broke" tho., 'cause its not really cause by heat but by physical force.
Old 04-10-2005

thats the spirit. now I gatta look into another intake.

Did you have a v2 in mind? I think the reason why they break is because the pipe is made weaker, so it can be wider for more air, and less weight.
Old 04-10-2005

Originally Posted by wonderz
hahaha

i think he really blew the welds if the welds on the bracket broken off. i think its not really "blew" more of a "broke" tho., 'cause its not really cause by heat but by physical force.
lol, i know... just wanted to make a joke outta it.
Old 04-10-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Blahman2
Did you have a v2 in mind? I think the reason why they break is because the pipe is made weaker, so it can be wider for more air, and less weight.

Yea, its one of the intakes I was looking at.
Old 04-10-2005

Yea, its one of the intakes I was looking at.
don't get it!
Old 04-10-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
it's a defect. Aem should send you a new, revised v2 if you have the receipt.
Old 04-10-2005
Registered!!

prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Post some pics of it...i am interested to see what this looks like
Old 04-10-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
pics focker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2005

Old 04-10-2005

I'm thinking about a quick duck tape fix for the time being.
Old 04-10-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
dont forget the popsickle stick
Old 04-11-2005
Registered!!

prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn.....
Old 04-11-2005
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
lol........my engine bay looks the same..........damn Penn DOT
Old 04-11-2005

Just called them... they told me I need a receipt to do anything... I have no idea where its at... Damn it! Maybe I'll rock the stock for a while, then I'll get something better.

Hey wait! They told me I can fax a receipt to them... Anyone got a v2 intake that they have a receipt for? All I need is a scan!
Old 04-11-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
damn that sucks, 1 cause your intake blew, and 2 cause i dont have a receipt.
Old 04-11-2005
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
if you have the recipt your straight i went through that in january very nice and all but took like 2 weeks to get the new intake pipe and that is all tehy send you
Old 04-11-2005
Registered!!

specks is an unknown quantity at this point
thats easy to fix...just go to a welding class at a nearby community college and ask to get your intake bracket TIG welded back together. some aluminum filler rod and a hot arc from the tungsten in the gun will do the trick. if you don't know how to weld just ask a student in the class to do it for you.
Old 04-11-2005
There is no substitute

ironchef is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know how long the warranty is? I also have a V2, and I've heard of this before. I'm a bit worried about it happening after my warranty is over. If it happens, I'll get a different brand.
Anyone had (or heard of) any problems with the Injen short intake IS1565? I don't want a true cold-air since I don't want to swap back to stock for the winter.
I was also thinking of reinforcing it with epoxy. I wonder if that will help prevent this from hapenning.
Old 04-11-2005
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
the warranty has no issues , my intake was over 2 years old but i had the recipt emailed them when it was broken sent them pics and a copy of the recipt they looked it over and sent me a new one, but like i said it took like 2 weeks or so