Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   I blew the welds on my intake... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/206770-i-blew-welds-my-intake.html)

Blahman2 04-10-2005 01:13 AM

I blew the welds on my intake...

People may joke, but I actually blew the weld on my intake... Damn it. Where its held to the body it kinda just broke off... I have a huge hole in my intake. When I drive it sounds like a ****'n train coming down the street... cause it rattles and clanks.

Well... I'm going to call aem... I'll demand a cold air... I have a v2... I wonder if they'll downgrade me to a normal cold air.

skratch_munkey 04-10-2005 01:17 AM

whoa. How fast where you going? or was speed even a factor?

Hayz 04-10-2005 01:17 AM

damn thats sucks never heard of anyone doin that...

Blahman2 04-10-2005 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Skratch_munkey
whoa. How fast where you going? or was speed even a factor?

I have no idea how it happened...

The mount where it connects to the body, where it was welded on broke off.. I have a hole in the intake. I have a v2 and I heard it was a problem with them. Oh well... I called aem and left them a nice hate filled message. I will get a new intake... I will not give up.

ale007civicdx 04-10-2005 01:27 AM

my clamp broke too but it didnt make a hole in my intake. the piece that holds on to the chasis broke so my intake is just held by the intake manifold.

skratch_munkey 04-10-2005 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Blahman2
I will get a new intake... I will not give up.

:rockon: thats the spirit. now I gatta look into another intake.

phuviano 04-10-2005 01:32 AM

Are u talking about where the one bolt that holds the v2 in place?? If so, that's a common problem with the v2. That's not blowing the the welds off your intake.

Do you also live you life 10 seconds at a time. Oh wait let me guess "for those 10 seconds your free".

Maybe you have the problem cause "your granny shifting, and not double clutching like you should"

Remember "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning"

I think you watched F&F one too many times. I know the quotes from the movie, but I definetly don't start post with them...haha.

Blahman2 04-10-2005 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by phuviano
Are u talking about where the one bolt that holds the v2 in place?? If so, that's a common problem with the v2. That's not blowing the the welds off your intake.

Do you also live you life 10 seconds at a time. Oh wait let me guess "for those 10 seconds your free".

Maybe you have the problem cause "your granny shifting, and not double clutching like you should"

Remember "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning"

I think you watched F&F one too many times. I know the quotes from the movie, but I definetly don't start post with them...haha.

No... The peice of metal where it is bolted on to the car and where it was once welded onto the pipe completly broke off... Its still hooked to my car... Well the peice of metal is... But I have a hole in my intake. I'll get pics soon.

wonderz 04-10-2005 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by phuviano

hahaha :clap:

i think he really blew the welds if the welds on the bracket broken off. i think its not really "blew" more of a "broke" tho., 'cause its not really cause by heat but by physical force.

Blahman2 04-10-2005 01:37 AM

:rockon: thats the spirit. now I gatta look into another intake.

Did you have a v2 in mind? I think the reason why they break is because the pipe is made weaker, so it can be wider for more air, and less weight.

Blahman2 04-10-2005 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by wonderz
hahaha :clap:

i think he really blew the welds if the welds on the bracket broken off. i think its not really "blew" more of a "broke" tho., 'cause its not really cause by heat but by physical force.

lol, i know... just wanted to make a joke outta it.

skratch_munkey 04-10-2005 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Blahman2
Did you have a v2 in mind? I think the reason why they break is because the pipe is made weaker, so it can be wider for more air, and less weight.

Yea, its one of the intakes I was looking at.

Blahman2 04-10-2005 01:44 PM

Yea, its one of the intakes I was looking at.

don't get it!

gearbox 04-10-2005 02:22 PM

it's a defect. Aem should send you a new, revised v2 if you have the receipt.

prccivic 04-10-2005 02:50 PM

Post some pics of it...i am interested to see what this looks like

civic01vtec 04-10-2005 02:53 PM

pics focker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blahman2 04-10-2005 04:06 PM

http://blahman240.com/BrokenIntake/intake1.jpg
http://blahman240.com/BrokenIntake/intake2.jpg
http://blahman240.com/BrokenIntake/intake3.jpg
http://blahman240.com/BrokenIntake/intake4.jpg

Blahman2 04-10-2005 04:07 PM

I'm thinking about a quick duck tape fix for the time being.

booba5185 04-10-2005 04:13 PM

dont forget the popsickle stick

prccivic 04-11-2005 03:03 AM

Damn.....

civic01vtec 04-11-2005 05:13 AM

lol........my engine bay looks the same..........damn Penn DOT

Blahman2 04-11-2005 01:50 PM

Just called them... they told me I need a receipt to do anything... I have no idea where its at... Damn it! Maybe I'll rock the stock for a while, then I'll get something better.

Hey wait! They told me I can fax a receipt to them... Anyone got a v2 intake that they have a receipt for? All I need is a scan!

blouisgod 04-11-2005 02:07 PM

damn that sucks, 1 cause your intake blew, and 2 cause i dont have a receipt.

runner1738 04-11-2005 05:57 PM

if you have the recipt your straight i went through that in january very nice and all but took like 2 weeks to get the new intake pipe and that is all tehy send you

specks 04-11-2005 06:07 PM

thats easy to fix...just go to a welding class at a nearby community college and ask to get your intake bracket TIG welded back together. some aluminum filler rod and a hot arc from the tungsten in the gun will do the trick. if you don't know how to weld just ask a student in the class to do it for you.

ironchef 04-11-2005 06:24 PM

Anyone know how long the warranty is? I also have a V2, and I've heard of this before. I'm a bit worried about it happening after my warranty is over. If it happens, I'll get a different brand.
Anyone had (or heard of) any problems with the Injen short intake IS1565? I don't want a true cold-air since I don't want to swap back to stock for the winter.
I was also thinking of reinforcing it with epoxy. I wonder if that will help prevent this from hapenning.

runner1738 04-11-2005 06:28 PM

the warranty has no issues , my intake was over 2 years old but i had the recipt emailed them when it was broken sent them pics and a copy of the recipt they looked it over and sent me a new one, but like i said it took like 2 weeks or so