Exterior Post your issues with Exterior parts here! Exterior covers Body, Doors, Locks, Physical Removal/install lights, Hoods, fenders, etc. For Fundamentally Electrical issues, post on Electrical

passenger window

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coupeciv is an unknown quantity at this point
passenger window

I have a 02 civic lx coupe. And the passenger will roll down but wont roll up. The only way it rolls up is from the d/s switch. What could it be. Or how can I fix this Problem.
Old 04-12-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: passenger window

Sounds like the switch might be bad. Since it does go up and down it sounds like the regulator is operating properly.

Remove the door panel and test the switch.
Old 04-14-2015
Registered!!

keemoblk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by coupeciv
I have a 02 civic lx coupe. And the passenger will roll down but wont roll up. The only way it rolls up is from the d/s switch. What could it be. Or how can I fix this Problem.
There is a door harness connector behind the side view mirror adjustment switch. Remove the storage box to access it. There may be high resistance at this connector. Try unplugging it . Plug it back in then wiggle it as u are trying to operate the window. If it works that's your problem. To properly test it Pop out the driver side window switech assemblY. Then pop out the passenger side window switch assemby. Leave the plugs connected to the switches..Now check continuity between the passenger switch wiring and the drivers switch wiring with a multimeter.connect the meter to the wires on the passenger switch to the drivers switch that are the same colors. if u find a wire that has high resistanece. Cut both wires on the connector behind the side view mirror switch and splice them together. You will be basically bypassing or jumping the connector.
Old 04-23-2015
Registered!!

Trav_02civic is an unknown quantity at this point

Remove the door panel and check the window switch it sounds like it shorted a circuit could be from getting wett if the switch is good then check for obstructions in the window tracks inside the door still if thats all clean the window regulator could be about to go out time to change it