Electrical, Wiring, and In Car Entertainment Electrical, Wiring and In Car Entertainment questions belong here.

wiring diagrams

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015
mechanically uninclined

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dsmak is an unknown quantity at this point
wiring diagrams

I have purchased a 97 civic hatchback. The previous owner converted to power windows, alarm, remote start (on a manual). There are many questionable wires under my dash. How can I decipher what is what? Horn doesn't work, back wiper doesn't work, and regular wiper is all messed up. Any comments week help. Thanks
Old 09-10-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about
Re: wiring diagrams

I'd try to find a haynes manual or something. They typically have wiring diagrams for the entire car in the back of the manual.

this might also help: http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...tail/1050.html
Old 09-10-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Also find out the model number of the remote start, should be listed on module. You can then go online and find a manual for it to tell you what the wires are.
Old 09-10-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

There are many questionable wires under my dash. How can I decipher what is what?
Do you like spaghetti?

The previous owner converted to power windows
No books can tell you what someones DIY wiring could be, you might have to follow it to its ends and finger it out.
Unless you can contact the person that did it and ask.

The alarm/remote start should be relatively easy to figure out once you have diagrams. Most are online, google the company that made it.
Old 09-10-2015
mechanically uninclined

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dsmak is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you like spaghetti?

Unless you can contact the person that...

I've seen much spaghetti that was way more organized. I tried to contact him bc he wanted to stay updated on his"baby" / Frankenstein. No reply. I totaled my other civic buy just got the motor all fixed. Do I bought this for cheap. It's been a nightmare. Splices in the wiring harness, and a missing plug. Was told it was irrelevant(yes I know they all serve a purpose) No horn, wipers are skitzy......the list goes on.
Thanks for all the replies