Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Passenger Window Not Moving..

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ImSoFreaknWhite is an unknown quantity at this point
Passenger Window Not Moving..

Hey guys, I'm new here and just picked up my first ever Honda. Its a 2001 civic coupe EX. When I purchased the car, the window didn't work. Now my question to you guys is if there is any thing I could check that could be causing it to not roll down? If not im going to spend the money to get a new window motor/regulator and swap it out. But Im afraid ill do all that and find out it was just a small issue that caused the problem.

(Yes I already checked if it was the window lock button and that's not the problem lol)

Thanks
Old 06-13-2013
Registered!!

got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough
Re: Passenger Window Not Moving..

This could be one of several issues so don't go out and buy a new motor/regulator. Get a an electrical diagram of the power window circuit either from here or a google image search or something. It isn't too hard to find. I had issues around a year back so if you search my old posts you can probably find it. My problem ended up being a broken ground wire. Even without the diagram you can tell if the problem is the motor by checking the voltage going to the motor. When the switch isn't up or down, there should be an open circuit at the motor so you would get 0 V. At Up/Down switch, the voltage should be a positive and negative value. If the switch at 0V and the power window lock is off then your motor is fine and you have an electrical issue and you need to go into deeper testing with the circuit diagram. If you have voltage to the motor and the motor still won't run then you need to buy a new motor/regulator. I hope that makes sense-I've had too much coffee and am a tad scatterbrained.
Old 06-13-2013
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/a...7&d=1350598426
Old 06-14-2013
Registered!!

Originally Posted by got2run5
This could be one of several issues so don't go out and buy a new motor/regulator. Get a an electrical diagram of the power window circuit either from here or a google image search or something. It isn't too hard to find. I had issues around a year back so if you search my old posts you can probably find it. My problem ended up being a broken ground wire. Even without the diagram you can tell if the problem is the motor by checking the voltage going to the motor. When the switch isn't up or down, there should be an open circuit at the motor so you would get 0 V. At Up/Down switch, the voltage should be a positive and negative value. If the switch at 0V and the power window lock is off then your motor is fine and you have an electrical issue and you need to go into deeper testing with the circuit diagram. If you have voltage to the motor and the motor still won't run then you need to buy a new motor/regulator. I hope that makes sense-I've had too much coffee and am a tad scatterbrained.
Umm it somewhat makes sense. But regardless I appreciate the quick reply. ha so basically I need to test out the power that's going to the switch/window before I jump to a new motor. And check to make sure that all the fuses and wires are good and working. I believe the diagram you were referring to was just posted above. I think it seems a little out of my league so im going to take it to a shop to check it out.

thanks again though.
Old 06-14-2013
Registered!!

Thanks for the diagram
Old 11-16-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

moved to clean DIY forum section - intended to posts that are guides/references to solve issues.