Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help with Passenger Window

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crazylegs is an unknown quantity at this point
Help with Passenger Window

I bought a used 2002 Civic SI (Canada) coupe a couple of weeks ago. Both the drivers and passenger power windows worked at the time. Yesterday as I driving with a friend, he tried to put down the passenger window and nothing happens. I have checked the switch connections, the window lock and the fuses but no go. The drivers window works perfectly. Since I got the car I have put in an aftermarket remote starter/alarm and have had both door panels off to change the speakers myself. I've read about a dozen posts on the forum but no one has had the same problem or if they did it was the window lock or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-28-2006
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
If you need the wiring info for the windows PM with E-Mail address.
Old 01-28-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
can you roll the passenger side window down with the drivers switch?

Can you roll it down with the passengers switch?

If neither driver or passenger switch roll it down, then its not a bad switch. If one does, then its a bad switch.

otherwise, you have a faulty window motor, regulator, or fuse.
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

I can't roll it down with either switch and when I hit either button, absolutely nothing happens. No noises, sounds, etc. Which leads me to believe that it is either the window motor or regulator since I have checked the fuses and connections. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2006
Registered!!

Just a quick update:

I hooked up the old voltage meter to both the drivers and passenger side window controls and there is power running to both. So, I guess that only confirms that the problem is more than likely the motor on the passenger window. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

Update and Question:

I have now run a battery power test (as per the service manual) to the power window motor connector and got nothing. So since the switch tested ok and the motor does not, I'm guessing that the motor is shot. Or the regulator but since they come as a package then it doesn't really matter.

My question is whether or not anyone has tackled replacing their power window motor before? I couldn't find a DIY on the subject and the car is not covered under warranty. Does it involve removing the glass? Thanks.
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
it isnt that hard to do. you remove the door panel, then remove the window glass by removing the 2 or however many bolts connects the glass to the regulator, then remove the regulator assembly. usually held on by several bolts. then put it all back together.
Old 01-31-2006

CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
I sent the single page on the replacement procedure to your E-Mail.
Old 10-17-2016
Registered!!

jewlz40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help with Passenger Window

cant get power to front passenger regulator to replace broken window
can i manually lower it some how? 2001 Honda Civic sedan ex
just want the darn window in for now . will pay to find short when finances allow
Old 10-17-2016
Registered!!

jewlz40 is an unknown quantity at this point

tested the switches not the problem, something keeps causing the passenger window fuse 22 to blow when key is turned on 2001 civic honda ex. help why is this happening? have new regulator and new switch for window, and a new window. cant install window cause cant drop the regulator enough. all others work fine individually and on main drivers door switches.
Old 10-17-2016

To fix the window the tech could isolate that windows motor wires, and provide jumped voltage from battery to the isolated motor leads to lower it down.

Blown fuse.... you have a constant short circuit.