Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Pitting in head

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2021
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jshorter is an unknown quantity at this point
Pitting in head

I’m new to this forum so I hope I’m posting in the right spot. I have and 05 civic value package with 325k on the clock. I know very little aside from what I’ve researched the last couple days so bear with me. It’s been overheating for a long time but recently has gotten worse. I ripped it apart to check the head and the gasket. I can’t see a crack in the gasket, head, or block, so does this mean the head has warped from overheating therefore breaking the seal between the head and block? There is also a small pit on what I think is the problem cylinder. Could this pit cause a leak? Also some things to note: the cylinder where the pit is is much cleaner than the rest, also I noticed water in the oil when I took the valve cover off. When I take the radiator cap off there are bubbles when the car is running. Any thoughts? Warped? Or maybe the pit? Or maybe just wore out?
Old 07-14-2021
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,467 Likes on 1,215 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Pitting in head

breached gasket.
too long heating the aluminum head = pitting.

headgasket and overheating info:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...reference.html
Old 07-15-2021
Super Moderator

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,352 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of
Re: Pitting in head

I have fixed a handful of these cars with head gasket issues, not once could I tell where the leak was on the gasket.