Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

What should support the air filter housing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nohippychicks is an unknown quantity at this point
What should support the air filter housing?

I removed the filter housing when I changed the head gasket and goodies that go with it; since then, a lot of time has passed and I installed the filter and housing yesterday but it doesn't seem like it's supported correctly with just the grommet over the throttle body.

I noticed that there are a couple of mounting holes on the forward outboard part of the housing that would perfect for making a nice rigid mount but there's nothing for them to mount to.

Maybe I lost a bracket, maybe it wasn't there before the teardown; who knows? Maybe the rest of the intake tubing, which I've yet to install, is what gives the filter housing some stiffness?

Either way, can someone give me a picture (or part number) of whatever brackets help support the filter housing? Maybe it's something I have hanging around that I looked at and didn't recognize.
Old 07-16-2019
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: What should support the air filter housing?

One bolt attaches it to a point basically on the fuel rail, that locks it down pretty good, then when you attach the resonator it all interlocks.

You did tighten down the clamp that holds it to the throttle body yes?