Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Code 1457

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nparedes is an unknown quantity at this point
Code 1457

So trying to pass smog in California. I keep getting the stupid evap code 1457, I have changed the canister vent valve and canister and I’m still getting a check engine light. Anyone have any other suggestions of where I should check next? I’ve heard gas cap going to buy one today. Thanks
Old 04-12-2019
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Code 1457

Did you use aftermarket parts or OEM Honda? Sometimes it makes a difference.
Old 04-12-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

FFS you didn't even tell us what year the car is.
You need to post all details about your car: Year, # of doors, trim level, trans type, engine size/type,

Or the complete vin would be just as handy
Old 04-13-2019
Registered!!

Sorry it is a 2003 4 door lx with an automatic transmission about 565000 miles on it. I used Honda parts on the valve canister is from Orileys. Would a by pass valve cause this light?
Old 04-15-2019

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nparedes
about 565000 miles
Are you fkn serious? Over a half million miles and an evap code is the only problem?

Sorry it is a 2003 4 door lx with an automatic transmission
Based on this new information.........and no diagnosis, dynamic tests or component tests of any kind (reading codes is NOT diagnosis).......I might throw a purge solenoid at it and see if it sticks
Old 04-15-2019
Registered!!

yeah it’s put in some work I would love to get another couple years out of it can’t afford another car at this time.
So I did replace the purge valve today drove it around and the light came back on again. I read something about a 2 way vent solenoid? Do you know of a diagnosis I could run to check the evap system i would hate to just keep throwing parts at it. I also read something about the ecu going bad if the light is left on? Thanks for the help I’ve never had to deal with this before. Usually it’s something simple this one has been rough.
Old 04-19-2019

I found this under 2003 along with one about the purge solenoid causing problems on 01-03 cars (you said you already replaced the purge though)
Googled for a copy: https://f01.justanswer.com/amedee/00...t_solenoid.pdf

Rodents love to gnaw plastic tubing, maybe some actual leak testing is in order rather than just replacing parts?
Old 04-19-2019
Registered!!

This is some good info I will definitely look into that. I just got my hands on a smoke machine, my friend will be coming over with it tomorrow and hopfully it helps find the leak. I spoke with Honda and they told me the gas cap was usually the problem, I tried that and it’s worked some far monitors have yet to clear but this has been the longest it has taken for them to clear I’m still hoping for the best. I’m about to take another long drive tonight fingers crossed it was just the stupid gas cap. Thanks for the help I will Update on the progress hopfully I can get to the bottom of this.

also any one know of a good link for a fsm for free?
Old 04-19-2019

and they told me the gas cap was usually the problem
P1457 deals with the canister area, P1456 deals with the tank....so I would not normally expect a gas cap to fix the P1457 code
Also, the computer has to detect the problem twice before turning on the check engine light.

also any one know of a good link for a fsm for free?
Search is a wonderful thing
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...e-updated.html

most recent links on the last page, and most of these cover cars world wide so be careful about what info you try to use....make sure it's actually for the car/engine/trans/etc that you have
Old 05-01-2019
Registered!!

So I finally passed smog. Did a smoke check found no leaks. Kept driving the car since a light had not come on since the gas cap change (even though it said it had a light but the monitor had not cleared yet). Put about 200 miles on the car and the light finally cleared. Long story short purge valve and cap seemed to solve my problem. Hope this might help someone else.
Old 05-01-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,199 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

thanks for giving feedback!