Regular Maintenance Post questions about regular maintenance here

Correct tire pressure

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
honda13820 is an unknown quantity at this point
Correct tire pressure

I bought my first Honda today. Its a 2019 Honda Civic EX. I checked the tire pressure before test driving it and found all four tires are set to 38 PSI. However, when I open the driver door to see what is the ideal tire pressure it says it should be set to 32 PSI. So my question for the forum is: What is the ideal tire pressure for this year, make, and model? Should I follow the tag inside the door and put all four to 32 PSI or should I leave it at 38 PSI or somewhere in between?
Old 06-13-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Correct tire pressure

door jamb tag.

they bump pressures for shipping to avoid flat spot tires, should have been adjusted before giving to you

important note that very few understands: Honda does not own the dealers, if the dealer does not do what Honda recommends, it's the dealers' fault. If you want to complain, complain with the dealer.
Old 06-19-2019
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

i set mine at 35 and call it a day. Dealer penciled in the PDI part of tire pressures for mine, and when I got it home, all 4 tires were reading 55psi.
Old 06-19-2019
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by honda13820
I bought my first Honda today. Its a 2019 Honda Civic EX. I checked the tire pressure before test driving it and found all four tires are set to 38 PSI. However, when I open the driver door to see what is the ideal tire pressure it says it should be set to 32 PSI. So my question for the forum is: What is the ideal tire pressure for this year, make, and model? Should I follow the tag inside the door and put all four to 32 PSI or should I leave it at 38 PSI or somewhere in between?
tires are always over inflated at the factory,

my tires were over 40 PSI when i picked up my 2018 civic,

i go by the sticker in the drivers door which is 32 PSI cold,

i check my tires in the morning after the vehicle has been sitting overnight
Old 06-19-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Omg, lol. This is like one of my top annoying conversations with customers.

Me: "And if you could just open the door so I can check the tire pressure spec."

Random: "Isn't the spec listed on the tire."

Me: "No, that's the maximum safe listing before the tire wont grip the round safely; and these tires can be used on vehicles with different weights."

Random: "Oh... I went higher just in case."

Me: checks pressure, sees 80psi! Lol