Air Conditioning Post your questions about air conditioning here!

2018 civic ac compressor

Old 05-12-2019
Registered!!

Mpeter is an unknown quantity at this point
2018 civic ac compressor

I just bought a 2018 civic ex-l with the 1.5 turbo. Went to use the air conditioning and the compressor is not kicking on. I checked the 10amp fuse, and that was good, is there a relay somewhere I can check? Also, the vehicle only has 3900 miles. So the compressor clutch shouldn't be worn out. Let me know any thoughts or ideas you have, thanks in advance
Old 05-12-2019
Administrator
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: 2018 civic ac compressor

it should have a warranty.

Use it
Old 05-12-2019
Registered!!

No warranty. Has a rebuilt title. It is the only thing I've found wrong with it. And its gotta be a relay, a wire, or the clutch. Which the clutch should be fine. Unless I'm missing something else to check
Old 05-13-2019
Registered!!

I did find the relay for the compressor, just not sure how exactly to check it. I pulled it, and shook it, heard no rattles...
Old 05-13-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mpeter View Post
Unless I'm missing something else to check
Is the system low or empty?
Old 05-13-2019
Registered!!

I am not sure, how does one check? I know the fuse and relay "seem" good, and the compressor clutch doesn't appear to be engaging. Therefore, no cold air.
Old 05-13-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mpeter View Post
I am not sure, how does one check?
Same way anyone would check on any other automotive AC system, except you now need the specialized equipment to service current AC systems that use HFO-1234yf refrigerant

Personally, I'd begin with my scanner and check for fault codes and read the ACPSI value in the live data list, then decide what my next step would be
Old 05-13-2019
Registered!!

Sounds easy enough, if only I had a scanner and the special equipment for ac service, haha. Thanks though, maybe I'll do some checking locally see if someone has some stuff to help me out

Last edited by Mpeter; 05-13-2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old 3 Days Ago
Registered!!

fijiblue05 is an unknown quantity at this point

The A/C compressor in my 2016 Civic EX had a leaking seal and had leaked onto the clutch and coil. It was going to cost nearly $1600 at the Honda dealership. (I have about 86k miles and it's less than 4 years old.) Luckily I had an extended warranty from CNA National Warranty Corporation. It only cost a $100 deductible to replace the A/C compressor, clutch, and coil at the Honda dealership.
Old 3 Days Ago
Registered!!

I have a rebuilt title, so no warranty, and I don't want to buy a 3rd party warranty, especially with only 6k miles. I did add refrigerant and as of right now, the AC is working. We'll see how long it lasts, if I have a bad seal.
Old 2 Days Ago
Registered!!

fijiblue05 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did some research before when my A/C stopped feeling cold to see if there were any common issues. I didn't see much posted here from our forum users regarding issues. But elsewhere it seemed like most people who had issues with the A/C determined the issue was the compressor. That's awesome that all yours needs is the refrigerant for now!