Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

'00 Civic EX Coupe Rear Seat (and interior) Removal/Installation Steps

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WKD DRGN is an unknown quantity at this point
'00 Civic EX Coupe Rear Seat (and interior) Removal/Installation Steps

A while ago I had found a step-by-step DIY guide to removing the rear seat from the 2000 Civic Coupe. I had it saved to my phone but eventually deleted it and now I can't find it anymore!

I had to tear out my rear seats and interior panels to check if there was any rust on the interior quarter panel because I body shop fixed my car a year or two ago and there have been bad leaks in my trunk now from improper procedures, they also replaced the quarter panel so I wanted to make sure it was okay since they are gonna take it back and fix their mistakes. I tore them out a about a month ago and I want to put them back properly. I know some of the bolts that hold the fold down seats can't be tightened down so they can rotate but there also must be a sequence to putting it all back together. If anyone knows the threa could you tell me where it is? Thanks! (BTW I have the FSM but its just a exploded view kind of deal...)
Old 11-30-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,443 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: '00 Civic EX Coupe Rear Seat (and interior) Removal/Installation Steps

you mean this one?

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...nda-civic.html
Old 11-30-2013
Registered!!

Naw. The one I am talking about had step by step instructions and also had pictures. It was used to show how to take the rear speakers out to put in aftermarket ones if that helps any.
Old 11-30-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

then it's here:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...upe-sedan.html
Old 11-30-2013
Registered!!

I searched for the original again after replying but still couldn't find the right one and I saw the one you just posted, its not the same one I saw before but I do see it tells the order of which the pivot bolt is supposed to go with all the washers and stuff. I needed that part mostly so it will do. Thanks for the help!
Old 11-30-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

g'luck!