Remove back seat 1999 Honda Civic

Old 06-06-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rino8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Remove back seat 1999 Honda Civic

I search on 6th Gen Do It Yourself Articles > Interior > and found no article tackle on how to remove back (rear) seat for my 1999 Honda Civic. I need to remove it in order to tap for my "KILL" Switch for the fuel pump. I have all the tools and just did DIY for my Honda Accord 1996 been stolen recently and recovered after a week BUY lost many personal things including 2 battery, etc. Accord cars easily stolen with a Shaved Key!

I've Google search for my Honda Civic 1999 4 door Sedan but found not sure. PLEASE reply ONLY if you've tried with the same model as mine BECAUSE different year have different mounting techniques they used.

I chose to hide my "KILL" Switch in the rear trunk and as near as possible to the fuel pump power line BECAUSE professional thieves knows how to defuse it IF I tap at the dashboard wiring.

I really need your
Old 06-06-2012
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Remove back seat 1999 Honda Civic

this is how it is in my '99 coupe. 'A' and 'B' are hooks and 'C' is a 10mm bolt. Fuel kill switch will will slow a 'professional' thief down by about 10 seconds.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rearseat.jpeg
Views:	12275
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	83473  
Old 06-06-2012
Registered!!

michael3n is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure if it's the same as on my 96 coupe, but here's how I do it (explaining above).

1. Fold the back seats down.
2. Pop out all the push pins holding the carpet to their backs, and remove the carpet.
3. Unscrew the exposed bolts.
4. Remove the loose seat.
5. unscrew the bolt hinging the other seat, and remove the seat (note how it comes apart).
6. Unscrew the screw holding the bucket seat in.
7. prey it off from the back, pulling the seat-belts through it.

Now if you ever want to change out the rear-deck speakers, remove the side panels after this step, then the trunk hinges in the trunk, pop out the lock cover and carefully pry the rear-deck off.

This was all from memory, so hopefully I didn't miss anything.
Old 06-07-2012
Registered!!

Rino8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Guys - but it is very different.

I Google search again and found 1998 Honda Civic is the same like mine 1999 model: http://www.ehow.com/how_6895285_do-s...da-civic_.html

I like to add on No. 4. - The bolt is located off-center and more to the right side and just below or level to the seat cushion. Use 10mm socket Wrench with Extension to remove it.

By trial on starting the engine & error to switch next wire you can find the correct wire to splice and tap the "KILL" Switch on the exposed wiring going to the Connector. No need to take out the back rest cushion.

Remember to hide it well or you may also replace the switch with a hard to find wire connectors or very unique electronic component. I tested with 10 people so far and no one could figure out why it won't start. BIG sorry guys. for I cannot reveal how I did it BUT it was not an electronic switch but a "KILL Key" which I can bring along with me and I must insert my KILL Key to defuse it and to drive home.

Go ahead choose your designs and invent your own. I think the best is using your own Keyless Entry Remote as your Kill Switch and a latching relay or mount the contact KILL Switch by the pulling action of door lock (Internally) or similar idea.

This is not my topic to discuss more idea here BUT if you can dream it maybe you can build it.

Good luck!

Last edited by Rino8; 06-10-2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: More correct