I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

open trunk with factory remote

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
acrollet is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool open trunk with factory remote

hey everyone, I think I have a way to make the factory remote open the trunk on 7th gen civic with the accord trunk opener and this little gadget:

http://peripheralelectronics.com/pro...rProductID=269

the basic idea is to wire things so that when the door open button is clicked three times in 2 seconds or so. (1st click - driver door, 2cd click - other doors, 3rd click - pop trunk)

If I can make it work, I'll post a DIY - has anyone tried something like this? I don't care to install an aftermarket alarm or anything...
Old 01-08-2008
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough
Re: open trunk with factory remote

I don't see why this wouldn't work?
Old 01-08-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

It got figured out a long time ago. You need the keyless entry box from a 6th gen accord and the matching keyfob. You have to rig up the trunk pop solenoid and wire it.
Old 01-08-2008
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

You may have found another way to do it, but the basics are still the same. Boilermaker's parts are tried tested and true, might as well stick with that.
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

acrollet is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm hoping to avoid having to scrounge up the keyless entry box and key fob from the accord - how much would that cost?

the part to do it the way I'm thinking of trying is less than $25 on ebay....
Old 01-28-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Wouldn't you have to wire in a solenoid? I'm pretty sure on my 7g it's a cable going from the handle by my left foot all the way back to the trunk. Nothing electrical about it in my car.
Old 01-28-2008
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Unevolved
Wouldn't you have to wire in a solenoid?
that's already been stated.
Old 01-28-2008

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

I know, it just seemed like acrollet's last post gave the impression he thought he could do it with just a $25 eBay part.
Old 01-28-2008
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

I just did it with my aftermarket alarm.
Old 01-28-2008
Registered!!

d5685090 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey for some reason when the guy that was installing my aftermarket alarm would touch two wires together my trunk would pop open, he was leaning by my seat so i doubt that he accidentally pulled the trunk handle since he would have to pull it and it happened three times. does my car already have the ability to open the trunk and all i would have to do would be connect those two wires???? sorry if this is a noobster question.
Old 01-28-2008
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Just look for the wires coming off the latch in the trunk
Old 01-28-2008

I've never heard of a 7thgen with an electric trunk latch, but I'm not saying it's not out there. He could have just leaned on the cable or something. I'm not sure, I wasn't there. Just an idea.
Old 01-28-2008
Registered!!

ok ill check right now. ill post in a bit. how did you do it RUFUS????

Last edited by d5685090; 01-28-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-28-2008
Registered!!

ok well there is two cables going to the back of the latch a red one and a blackone with broken white stripes, oh also when my alarm is on and i open my trunk my alarm goes off. does this mean that it is capable of doing it????? hell yeah!!! if it is. he couldnt have opened it by leaning it, remember to open it you have to pull the small lever, if you push it it opens the fuel door.

Last edited by d5685090; 01-28-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-28-2008

I meant he may have put excess tension on the cable by leaning on it somewhere in between the latch and the handle. What car, specifically do you have? And if you have an aftermarket alarm, that sensor may have been installed as part of the package.

My main reasoning is that it makes no sense from an engineering standpoint to have a handle in that style (that obviously has to pull a cable "X" distance to actuate a lever or something) and then have the trunk be electronically activated. In all of Honda's other cars that have an electronic trunk, it's just a button, not a lever like that. And those two wires may be going to the light above your license plate or something like that.

But I digress. It's your car and I can't see it. You're the final judge, I'm just offering up my opinion given what I know about these cars.
Old 01-28-2008
Registered!!

true and i apreciate ur opinion. but then again rufus said he just did it i just gotta wait and see how he did it.
Old 01-29-2008
Registered!!

LMFAO wow i think mine does have it, its a 2004 civic lx sedan, i was taking it apart and then i found that those two wires do go to the back of the latch and then i wondered what the hell made it move so i tried taking it off but it was attached to sumthing inside the trunk, i followed that stick and it took me to this little mechanism that holds it and has the ability to turn it. im guessing this is it. BUMP
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	civic latch pics.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	73504   Click image for larger version

Name:	civiclatch.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	73505   Click image for larger version

Name:	civiclatch2.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	73506  

Last edited by d5685090; 01-29-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Old 01-29-2008
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

pics are too small to see anything.
Old 01-29-2008
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Those wires are for the switch for the trunk light system (and alarm trigger if you have an alarm)

An Accord latch assembly is required for electrical operation. (along with electrical mods)

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...e+trunk+popper

Last edited by CraigW; 01-29-2008 at 06:09 AM.
Old 01-29-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CraigW
Those wires are for the switch for the trunk light system (and alarm trigger if you have an alarm)

An Accord latch assembly is required for electrical operation. (along with electrical mods)

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...e+trunk+popper

oh dam. ooops that other handle is for the key lmao im such a noob, sorry guys.