Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Roll Bounce!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HondaHunny0512 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Roll Bounce!

Hey hey - so I'm new here but figured I'd give this a go before calling 20 different shops all around town. I have a shitty sense of humor so I'm gonna apologize for that one up front - and the novel - I'm terrible with stories :blablabla:
Aaaaanywho here goes - I have a 2011 Honda Civic LX (black beauty AKA my baby). We recently got about an inch of ice topped with a few inches of snow. My poor black beauty got stuck in the middle of the road in my neighborhood when trying to move it. I (admit-tingly) was an idiot and kept flooring the gas pedal turning wheels all different ways - reverse & drive - went from regular drive, to D3 to 2nd gear - none of it made a difference. So a few friends helped push so it wouldn't be stuck in the middle of the road all night. When driving today I noticed a slight bounce/shake, didn't think anything of it, figured there was still ice on tires or snow or on the road itself. As I keep driving (roads are now clear **for the most part**) the bouncing and shaking continues as if I'm driving down the road in Radiator Springs before Lightening McQueen fixed it . Bounce in the car itself and shake in the wheel that matches the bounce.The higher the speed I go the worse it gets. I thought I may have had a flat tire but nope. No shaking when braking so pretty sure there's no rotor issues. After accelerating to a higher speed then letting off gas it still shakes/bounces even when down to 15mph but gradually lessens as the speed reduces. If I lightly press gas it doesn't start it's roll bounce until about 20mph+.....any thoughts? :help: :5shots:
Old 11-27-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Roll Bounce!

lift car.
remove wheels.
inspect
otherwise, it's a small gnome that got stuck in between the brakes and the wheel and is screeching with the friction.
Old 11-27-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roll Bounce!

Bounce in the car itself and shake in the wheel that matches the bounce.The higher the speed I go the worse it gets.
It's how cold there?
You got how much snow? How much ice?

Snow and/or ice packed in the wheels WILL make horrible shaking happen and it will continue to do so until you either remove the snow/ice buildup from each wheel, or it gets warm enough to melt it out of the wheels.

I (admit-tingly) was an idiot and kept flooring the gas pedal turning wheels all different ways - reverse & drive - went from regular drive, to D3 to 2nd gear -
You can absolutely destroy the transmission by doing this. Literally destroy it, leaving solid steel and aluminum parts and a lake of transmission fluid scattered on the road under the car. Followed by calling a tow truck because it won't move under its own power any longer.