Honda Civic Racing: Drift/Drag/AutoX/Time Attack There are different setups needed if you are using your civic for drifting, drag or track racing

Snow can be fun, or it can be scary...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003
DIY King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Snow can be fun, or it can be scary...

So yeah, I went out driving today in the snow. I just kinda wanted to do it. I did have an excuse, some little parts I wanted for my rear sway bar mounting kit. So off I went to Lowe's. I was slippin' and slidin' and holy ****! I can't stop before a large incline or I won't be able to go up it. I can't turn without actually making the wheels turn more than the turn itself and applying some gas. I can't brake without engine braking and very gently applying the brakes. The highways are clogged and you go 5mph for long stretches with a maximum speed of 30mph. I couldn't actually accelerate past 30mph without starting to lose complete control. I would just be sliding. I had a close call too. On a turn I had to turn the wheel all the way out of the turn and mash on the gas to get a little grip and get out of the slide. I was going so fast too! Yeah right, a whopping 20mph. So yeah, as you guessed it. I have no winter tires. I was one of the slowest cars on the road even though I was doing everything I could to go as fast as possible.

Here's how the car looked like after my drive. Notice the front bumper acting as a snow plow. LOL

Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

TwilightX is an unknown quantity at this point
Freakin snow...I HATE SNOW! Mother nature really sucks today...it's snowing out by Grey's, but raining for the last two hours by me [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

spike is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like fun![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] I have never driven in snow, but be careful. I have an aunt in Colorado who slid her car off the road and got it perfectly wedged between a light pole and a fence post. She had to get someone to pull the car sideways to get it out.[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] Have fun in the snow.
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
lol, I got caught with having to drive in the snow w/ my summer tires. Exact same experience! 5 mph tops! I put my OEM wheels/tires on the next day. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-03-2003
Registered!!

666 is an unknown quantity at this point
I made the mistake of putting my rims back on too early once, it snowed about a half-inch and I could'nt even make it up a small incline. It felt like my tires were bald.
Old 01-04-2003
Registered!!

JMan50 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am glad I live down here in Big D, and don't have to worry about that stuff![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-05-2003
Registered!!

SKYLINE is an unknown quantity at this point
snow tires are your bestfriend